Newark local office transfer: tracker

Case transferred to Newark on July 27

My case has' been transferred to Newark office on July 27. From the way things r movin looks like I will have to wait till mid September to get an Interview letter. Anyone else in the same boat.

To anilmaurya

Hi anilmaurya,

You mentioned that the Driver's license should be clean, no violations. Why is that? Are they checking that too?

Regs,
S Mathew

vipul79 said:
My case has' been transferred to Newark office on July 27. From the way things r movin looks like I will have to wait till mid September to get an Interview letter. Anyone else in the same boat.

You mean to say, that within 2 months of 485 case being transferred to Newark, you will get 485 approved?

I thot they are now processing Dec 2003 cases.

Pls clarify

Thanks

dragonking said:
You mean to say, that within 2 months of 485 case being transferred to Newark, you will get 485 approved?

I thot they are now processing Dec 2003 cases.

Pls clarify

Thanks

I have seen July 1st weeks cases approved so far.

s_mathew said:
Hi NJ_VIJ,

Yes, they are not doing the visa re-validation here anymore. What was the expiration date on your visa? BTW, what is 221G immigration law?

I hope you have an EAD, so that you can continue to work. It doesn't matter whether your H1 is valid anymore or not. Once you file the I-485, you are an adjustee and can work with an EAD. So, it shouldn't be a problem when you go for your interview. The advantage of having an H1 while your 485 is pending is, you can travel w/o an advance parole.

Regards,
S Mathew.
Hi Mathew,

My expiration date on visa is 04/2004, I have no idea what is 221G immigration law means, but the attached letter says as below

Your application is not clearly approvable at this time. Per regulations, you require a personal interview with a consular officer. You must apply for a new visa overseas at a U.S.Embassy or consulate that processes nonimmigrant visa applications.

Regards
NJ_VIJ

FP-help

hi guys
I'm nervous bcos my case jsut got transferred to Newark. I have a doubt about FP- is this the same FPrinting we do when we go for our EAD cards? Or isw ita seperate process?

Info abt transfer to Newark

Hi ppl,
Any guess on waht to expect from my case tranfer to Newark on Aug 27th,04? My ND date is 03/28/03 and the current processing time in Newark is already December 03.What do I do? Is tteh tranfer a good thing or bad?
fams

Any July 04 cases in Newark pending

Anyone with the July 04 dates in Newark. My case was transferred on July 27th. Haven't heard anything yet.

Does the Status message change after the interview letter sent by the local INS off

Does the case status message changes at the USCIS web site if the local INS office sends a interview letter. The case was transferred to Newark local INS office on July 24th. I am having problem with the mail delivery. Lot of my mail is delivered to the wrong mail boxes by the mailman. Some of the neighbours are gracious enough to bring me my mail delivered to their mail boxes. Is there anyway to check if the interview letter was mailed by the Local INS office? Is there a number to call or website to check.
Thanks.

to seshar

You can call the 1-800 numbe ron your application reciept. In fact ,its a very good idea ,in addition to checking your case status online.
fams

Got the 2nd FP notice

My case was transferred to Newark on July 27. I got the 2nd Finger print notice for 9/14 yesterday. Can anyone tell me when should I expect the Interview notice. Will I get the letter sometime after 9/14.

Thanks.

July 2004 transfer to Newark, NJ

Today I called the 1-800 number on the notice to enquire why I am not receiving an interview letter after the case got transferred on July 1st. My ND on the I-485 application receipt notice is Jan 10, 2003. The lady told me that Newark is now processing cases with ND of Aug 2002. Hence I have to wait until they move on to Jan 2003. I don't know how long that is going to be!!

So, those of you whose cases got transferred recently, just check your ND. That will give you some peace of mind. Even I was worried, whether the interview letter got lost in the mail or something as I live in an Apartment.

Regards,
S Mathew
(SM)

hi s_mathew,
I disagree with what you have heard from the National Customer Support (NCS). The Newark, NJ District office is currently processing applications with ND Dec 22, 03. You can check the processing times for district offices on uscis.gov website.
What I have heard from NCS is same as what I have seen on the uscis.gov online. Wait for a month or so to initiate the query.

ND: May 03
Transferred to NEWARK: AUG 04.

HI!! skp0123210,

That date Dec 22 03 coresponds to the date when the case moves to Newark office.

Even I have seen that on the web site. But often times that doesn't make any sense. From the postings in this forum, what I have seen is, those who got their interview OR interview letter have a ND earlier than Aug 2002.

You wrote that what you heard from NCS is same as what you have seen on the site. That means, they told you that Newark is processing Dec 22, 2003?

Regs,
S Mathew.
(SM)

skp0123210 said:
hi s_mathew,
I disagree with what you have heard from the National Customer Support (NCS). The Newark, NJ District office is currently processing applications with ND Dec 22, 03. You can check the processing times for district offices on uscis.gov website.
What I have heard from NCS is same as what I have seen on the uscis.gov online. Wait for a month or so to initiate the query.

ND: May 03
Transferred to NEWARK: AUG 04.