Newark local office transfer: tracker

Thanks GC_JULY_2001

I appreciate the info, It makes me very hopeful.

....including medical examination...

That means do you just need a copy of your previous exam or need to redo medical??

Medical Examination

Hi Amarsharma,

My friend spoke to his attorney. His attorney advised him to go in for a fresh medical exam to be on the safe side. ( The attorney mentioned that the new July memo from BCIS states that Medical results once submiited to INS are valid thru I-485 processing.)

But actually if you go to the doctor and ask for the copy of the record he has, he can seal it and give it to you and it should be fine.

Thanks,

EAD and Advance Parole returned- No idea why?

we had our interview two weeks ago in SF district office and also got our second FP. IIO had said that once the fingerprints clear we will send you the approval notice. Also few days after our interview, the lawyers applied for EAD card and advance parole just to be on the safe side. We still haven't gotten our Approval letter but today (sunday) we found a hand delivered package with all our EAD and Advance parole application with checks and photgraphs returned to us. I don't know what to make of it. Anybody with Similiar experience would really help.

maturaloosalan
It happened to my friend in April. INS didn't take them bacause their GC was approved. Next week they got their GC approval letters.

NO movement

it has been almost a month now... I did not hear from the Newark office....
Any new news?.......... I can not take it any mooooooooooooooooorrrrrrrrrrrrrreee

Hi,
My case is transfered to Memphis local office on Aug 18th from VSC. My assignment ends here very soon and i am trying for job in NJ. If i move to Newark local area and, if i give cahnge of address, will memphis office transfer case to Newark? is it a good idea of doing that? I went to Memphis local office but they are not giving any time frame for sacheduling interview. But they told me that i have got FBI clearance.

Please share your knowledge.

Has anyone received interview letter recently?

amarsharma

Have you received your interview letter yet? Thanks!

Here are my details :
EB1-EA.
RD:feb02
ND:mar02
FP:may02
Transfer to Newark: Aug 5, 03

recent transfers --- summary

Here are recent transfers ...seems not received interview letters yet

amarsharma 08/01/03
3yearsGC 08/05/03
MOH NOV 2001 08/13/03
gc20011221 08/21/03

No Luck so far

Seems like I top the list in waiting.....

I am so fed up checking the mailbox everytime I passby it...

Newark Visit

I called the NCS Customer service to ask about my case and I wish I didnt... all what she did is read the message... "your case has been... bla bla bla....." So I got fedup and decided to visit the Newark office.... and did it today... here are the details....

1- Online at 6:45...
2-Got inside building by 7:45...
3-Infront of window 8:45...
4-Asked the officer about case... she went inside and came back with a piece of paper saying that they got my file on 9/3/03.... and my file is in the area where they schedule interviews.....

I had to go to the Newark office........ I was having nightmeres that they might have lost my file in the transfer... but now I know they have it... and sooooooon we will here from them...
:)

good luck to all of us

Called the NCSC a couple of days ago. I was told that my case that had been transferred to Newark office for scheduling an interview on August 15, 2003. They said that currently, its taking 8 months to schedule such interviews (Mine is an EB1-EA case). So another 7 months to go......

-p

Got the Letter

I cant believe it............. I got the letter today 8/17/03... thats about 1 month and 4 days from being transfrered....
The letter asks for Passport and I-94 and Medicals...

My questions are:

1- The letter doesnot ask for a job letter.... should I get one anyway?

2- My medical was submitted with the application... why are they asking for new medical?...

3- My fist medical was done in NY when I was living there... now should I get the second medical from a NJ doctor or can I go to my original doctor and get the medicals from him since he has the records...?

Please let me know what you guys think...

Good luck to all of us...
:confused: :)

that cant be true

my friend transferred about mid July. He is going to be interviewed by the end of this month

It is true... I have the letter here... I dont know if my visit to the Newark office had any impact on this... but anyway I am a Nov_2001 filer.... so may be they go by that......
any one have answers to my questions?

Let's add more to the Good news

I got my interview letter yesterday, It is a standard letter I think. Written by hand saying I will be interviewed on oct10.,

I think I will take all papers which I could think of...

MOH,
I would suggest you the same when is your interview...

MOH NOV 2001 OR amarsharma --- did your attorney also got a copy of interview letter?

MOH NOV 2001 OR amarsharma --- did your attorney also got a copy of interview letter?

I am just concerned as I have changed address couple of times

MOH NOV 2001!!! as Fromhyd suggested ....it is better to take fresh medicals again even though LAW says valid for during entire GC...(that is only when every thing is in good condition say skin test also -ve)

You can see my details posted ealrier in this thread ...we did not re-do medicals that might have caused transfer for us.

We decided to take fresh-medicals this time if interview asks for medicals....