Newark local office transfer: tracker

GC2005Z - I don't know either. I am not sure whether that date applies to the transferred cases.

anjs - Thank you and I wish the same. I don't know how long this journey is going to be.

ataknev said:
Interview Video taping is a common language used. I donot think they actually do it though!

There are no numbers to contact Newark office. The only way to reach them is infopass. They never reply any mails either. However all that we send as mails is pinned into our file.

Regards,
ataknev

Thanks guys.
Sorry if it is a stupid question, but could you please tell what you mean by InfoPass.

Future Employment Interview

Gcrayudu---Thanks for your questions

I had my interview yesterday for case eb2 .
I ,and my wife reached building 970 broad st ,13th floor at 9.00. handed in our interview letter .She asked me do you have lawyer? I said no. After about 30,40 min. waiting, an officer called us. we went to his cube after fingerprints. Here I am giving all questions what he asked me.

Question1: Did you send AR-11 form for address change?
Ans: Yes,I showed him new address on Interview Letter.
Question2: Can I see your passports?
Ans: pl. take it.
Question3 : Is he your son?
Ans : yes.
Question4: Can I see his passport & Birth certificate?
Ans: pl. take it.
Question5: Where are your working right now?
Ans: I am currently working at xxxxx (my company name)
Question6: How long have you been with current employer?
Ans: 2 years.
Question7: Who is your company vice President?
Ans: I said my vice president name xxxxxx (My company letter issued by Vice President).
Question8: Do you have last year Tax returns?
Ans: Yes I have (I Gave my 2004 IRS transcripts)
Question9: What do you do ?
Ans: I am Technical Consultant.
Question10: What language you write?
Ans: I said my language what i write.
Question11: Do you have joint Bank Account?
Ans: I showed joint Bank statement.
Question12: How long you stayed in present address, and previous addresses?
Question13 : He asked 5,6 questions about terrorism, police arrested, Did you bring anybody illegally into us? ,Did you marry before? etc…
Ans: I said all No.

After that he took our I-94 cards from our passports.
He send a letter after complete name check.. This is the story.
Like many of others, we still need to wait.
Thanks to everybody who are sharing their experiences.

Thanks
Anjs

future employment

Dear Folks,

I have a question about future employment. I have a labor cert that is approved and I would like to file I140 based upon it but I am not working for this employer currently. I have all intensions to join them once I get GC approved. Should I join them now or wait until the approval comes back. Gurus, please help and advice what would be a safest way

Name check cleared

surika said:
CONGRATULATIONS!

Thank you for sharing the interview details.

Thanks

One more good news guys..

Name Check Cleared …Finally
I received a letter from an officer who interviewed me last time.
It stated that To day CIA security checks came back negative.

Thanks,
Anjs.

Eb2
PD: NOV 2002.
Transfer date to Newark: Dec 2004.
Intw date at Newark: Dec 7th ,2005.
140 Approved : Dec 2004.
Name check approved: Dec 2005

485 interview infor

140 - filed @ 9/27/05. PD 1/3/06 EB2
485 was transferred at the same date to Newark for scheduling an interview. H1B transfer was filed on 9/05,still pending.

Question: anyone encountered same type of situation (called for interview)? how long we will need to wait to get the interview notice? a year? or several months? If you went to interview recently, please share the information in detail in terms of questions asked and material reqired.

I-485 MOTIC transferred to local office

Dear all,

Below is the latest information on the MOTIC (I-485 denial).

On January 11, 2006, we transferred your MOTIC MOTION TO REOPEN BEFORE THE COMMISSIONER to an office in NEWARK, NJ for processing. That office will notify you when they take action on your case. You should receive a notice informing you that your case has been transferred to a local office. Please call the National Customer Service Center at (800) 375-5283, to receive information about local office processing times.

Questions what I have -

1. Why the case is transferred to Newark, NJ, While I am living and working in VA (but moved to different addresses, informed every time through AR-11) and the attorney who filed MOTIC also from VA. Is it because of my initial POE was Newark NJ, or the GC sponsered employer was in NJ/NY.

2. I changed the job after I-140 approval and 180 days of pending I-485 application.

Can anyone share what it means?

Thanks,
A Wellwisher.

hi need_info1.

i wanted to know little more info about your case. had you checked with your employer that will he will revoked the 140 if you will leave him and what did he said that time.
and how many days after you left him did he revoked the 140, and how long were you employed with him. coz i have also reached a point where now i think
i will be initiating AC21(have no choice).
also how are you managing your status now.

thank you

MOTIC - transfer to local office

Hello UCISSUCKS,

In the month of August and September received emails/phone calls to sign a contract for 2 years starting from September 1st,2005. I ask them to sign and send it to me I will sign and send back to them. But company do not want to sign and if I sign it I should not fill anything except the my signature and PP NO, DL No, Phone number and current address. Due to this I do not want to do sign it and moreover I contacted attorney (I paid fee for it), even attorney also told me that do not sign contract. In the first week of October I received a denial letter from USCIS for my I-485 application.

Right now the company is no more functioning (publicly) and president of the company was behind the bars (as per DOL)

Note: company did not paid the salaries too.

Thanks,
Need Info

Transfered to Local Office - Interview and Waiting....

Hi Everyone
My case was transfered to Newark local office January 5, 2005 got a FP3 done last August 2005. AOS interview November 22, 2005. Immmigration officer didn't stamp my passport he told me he's gonna review my case and wait in the mail. My hubby is the primary petitioner. Still waiting..... :confused:

ND 12/2001
FP- 3
EAD - 5
AOS - Nov 22, 2005

What is EB3?

I really appreciate your replies. Im still waiting for an approval letter. I had my interview (AOS) last November 22, 2005. My case was transfered Jan 5, 2005. It was a looong wait. My husband is the primary petitioner he got his gc 2 years ago... :confused:

Interview in Newark

Hello All,

We had our interview in Newark yesterday. The case was transferred in Oct end, sorry dI on't have the exact date. So in all it took approximately slightly less than 6 mths for the interview.

My details are,
Subst Labor ( NJ ) PD DEC 31 2001
Future employment , but joined the employer after I got EAD/I 140.

The interview went very well, the questions were very straightforward and very similar to the other postings here. The lady was extremely nice ( I really cnanot stress here how nice she was ) and very much wanted to approve the case. She went thru the W2s , employment letter and finally stamped the passport for me and my wife. She mentioned that the cards should be in the mail.

This forum has been extremely helpful. Good luck to all and hope that they have their GCs soon.

Case transfer to NEWARK for interview

Our cases are transferred to NEWARK for interview. Our cases were stuck for fbi name check for long time. Recently they cleared it and USCIS sent our cases to NEWARK local office.

My 485 was applied through compoany A where I workd for 5 years. After 485 application, I was with company A for more than 3 years. My lawyer did RFE frelated to employmentg while I was in company A. Now, I am in company B for last 1 year.

Questions.
A. What documents should I be preparing for the interview.
B. I never did Ac-21. Will that be an issue?
C. I assume I need to take employment related paper works for both jobs. What can be important paper/docs?
D. Do I need to take any lawyer with us? My currentg lawyer ( he was through my previous job) is in Ohio. This will be costly to bring him here.
E. both jobs, my salary is almost the same, but job title is little different. Will that be issue?

Gurus, please help.

#485 ND Dec 2001
#EB2
#Last FP Jan 2005
#Name check cleared 2 weeks before.

Future Employment GC approved in Newark Office

My case was approved today after interview in Newark Office. The officer is very nice. All the questions were straight. Bring more documents except for listed on the interview letter.

Since 08/2002, I tranfered from H-1b to F-1, I never worked for the company sponsoring my GC. But the company promises to hire my after I get GC.

Tip: always keep legal status in U.S. If so, your case cannot be denied.

I very appreciate you guys who posted your information here. The information is very helpful, important and ecouraging. Good luck to everyone struggling for GC! Thanks owner of the website!

PD 09/17/2001
I-140 RD 08/2004
I-140 AD 10/2004
I-485 RD 10/2004
Case transferred to Newark 04/2005
Interview notice: 05/2006
Case approved 06/15/2006

my case is moving back and forth

Hi friends,

Sometime back my case moved back to vermont center. Then i got a letter to appear for fingerprint code1 last week.after i gave FP2 i got two LUDs.Now my case is moved back to Newark center.my wife 485 is still pending at Newark local office.
I really worrying why it is moved back.what happen next.anyone have similar experience before? pl. reply

Thanks
anjs
pd:Nov 2002
NC cleared.