Newark local office transfer: tracker

riyaz404-t,
According to the latest visa bulletin, they said not to expect big movement in dates...So, it won't be any time soon...

Even i don't know what to do...Just an absolute Dead End....

patpat said:
riyaz404-t,
According to the latest visa bulletin, they said not to expect big movement in dates...So, it won't be any time soon...

Even i don't know what to do...Just an absolute Dead End....
i read on this website, that the priority dates are applicable before you file 485. In our case, when we filed 485, the dates were probably current, isn't that right? If the dates were current while they accepted the applications, and if after the application they are not current, how can that matter?
What i mean to say is, the problem for eb3 interviewed people is, they ran out of visa numbers. once they have them available as of oct 1,2005, they should start receiving approvals. that's what it states on my paper. it says, awaiting visa numbers. it does not say awaiting priority date movement or anything of that sort. this is what i found out too my lawyer. i think the PD movement back to 98 only means they will no longer accept 485 applications until that it moves closer.

makes sense? comments? disagreements?

riyaz404-t,
It implies to both new applicants and people who are awaiting adjustment of status on I-485. For new applicants whose PD > 01-Jan-98(labour applying date), they cannot file I-485 until their PD becomes current.

FOr us, who are awaiting I-485 adjustment the priority dates need to be current too. Remember, people whose PD is not current were not sent interview letters at all...

If you see the threads in 485 issues in vermont center, that's what people are worried abt...only difference between them and us their case is in vermont and ours at local office...Try talking to your lawyer abt this.. I couldn't reach mine...

patpat said:
riyaz404-t,
It implies to both new applicants and people who are awaiting adjustment of status on I-485. For new applicants whose PD > 01-Jan-98(labour applying date), they cannot file I-485 until their PD becomes current.

FOr us, who are awaiting I-485 adjustment the priority dates need to be current too. Remember, people whose PD is not current were not sent interview letters at all...

If you see the threads in 485 issues in vermont center, that's what people are worried abt...only difference between them and us their case is in vermont and ours at local office...Try talking to your lawyer abt this.. I couldn't reach mine...

i spoke with my lawyer after the interview on 17th. When did the PD dates move to 98? was it before aug 17 2005 or before? Because, on 17th when i spoke to my lawyer, he knew my PD is 2001 but he did not mention that the PD will be a hurdle. All he said is no one knows when the state department will make new visa numbers available, but general consensus was oct 2005. So unless something goes terribly wrong, everyone who was interviewed recently and not approved because of unavailability of visa numbers should start receving approvals from oct 2005 onwards.

i think the fear people are expressing in the forums is unfounded. it makes no sense to accept 485 applications and now retrogress the dates and say you have to wait. i think that only applies if someone wishes to apply for 485 now. not for someone who has already applied for 485 long ago when PD was current.

unless i hear someone telling me that their lawyer told them that PD is an issue even for old applicants, i would not be worried!

Medical question..

Gurus,

I got an interview letter form Cherry Hill, NJ office. The interview is going to be on Oct 19 ,2005. I have already submitted medical along with 485.

The letter says regarding the Medical:

* I-693 WITH MEDICAL EXAM RESULTS (UNOPENED), UNLESS ALREADY SUBMITTED. APPEAR EVEN IF YOUR MEDICAL IS NOT COMPLETED.

Please suggest me do I really need to redo medical or NOT. (even though clearly mentioned)

Thanks
mka

Last edited by a moderator:
riyaz404-t said:
i spoke with my lawyer after the interview on 17th. When did the PD dates move to 98? was it before aug 17 2005 or before? Because, on 17th when i spoke to my lawyer, he knew my PD is 2001 but he did not mention that the PD will be a hurdle. All he said is no one knows when the state department will make new visa numbers available, but general consensus was oct 2005. So unless something goes terribly wrong, everyone who was interviewed recently and not approved because of unavailability of visa numbers should start receving approvals from oct 2005 onwards.

i think the fear people are expressing in the forums is unfounded. it makes no sense to accept 485 applications and now retrogress the dates and say you have to wait. i think that only applies if someone wishes to apply for 485 now. not for someone who has already applied for 485 long ago when PD was current.

unless i hear someone telling me that their lawyer told them that PD is an issue even for old applicants, i would not be worried!

my first time in this thread - was interviewed last month in Hartford - i'm afraid this retrogression applies to old applicants, including ourselves, according to our attorney. very depressing... hope i'm wrong

subran

Hi
Does the EAC number change once the case is transfered from vermont to newark.I've received a letter from vermont in which eac number starts with 05.It was 04 before.My case was transfered from vermont to newark last december & it was approved at newark last month.Any input is appreciated.
Thanks

EAC number

I have the same question as Subran. I am trying to help a friend so I am getting this second hand.
Her EAC number on her 751 begins with EAC01167 but on other letters from Service Center it has EAC05032
She filed her 751 in Nov 04
Why are there two different numbers? and which one do you use to track the case process?
Thanks!

Qs:

Question: Is USCIS still sending out interview letters for people whose priority date is not before jan1, 1998 ?

How many people are actually waiting in the queue whose priority date is before 1998 & still 485 is not approved ? Is this the reason why these guys are prioritised for eb3 from India ?

Where is the break point where USCIS needs to start sending out interview letters for non-current priority dates so they can start clearing the queue at newark center ?

Thanks !

Transfer to Newark Office

Hello Friends,

I got an email last week that my case has been transferred to NEWARK NJ and an interview will be scheduled in the future.
My case is sub labor with future employment. But after I140 and EAD , I have joined my sponsoring company.

Any ideas how long before the interview letter is sent out from NEWARK office.

Any inputs are highly appreciated.

I received interview letter

Hi

This is my first time to this forum.
I received interview letter yesterday from Newark local offoce. They asked me to bring interview letter, passport and I94.

They mentioned INTERVIEW WILL BE VIDEO TAPED. What is this? is it normal ? mine is FUTURE EMPLOYMENT.can anybody send EVL format please?

Thanks
anjs
PD NOV 2002.
Transfer date to Newark: Dec 2004.
Intw date at Newark: Dec 7th ,2005.

Interview letter

Congratulations for getting interview letter!

I haven't heard about taking the video before.

anjs said:
Hi

This is my first time to this forum.
I received interview letter yesterday from Newark local offoce. They asked me to bring interview letter, passport and I94.

They mentioned INTERVIEW WILL BE VIDEO TAPED. What is this? is it normal ? mine is FUTURE EMPLOYMENT.can anybody send EVL format please?

Thanks
anjs
PD NOV 2002.
Transfer date to Newark: Dec 2004.
Intw date at Newark: Dec 7th ,2005.

Looks like it took a year for your interview to be scheduled.
Is this the normal timeline ? Are there others waiting longer.
Please could youy share info.

Interview Letter

I haven't received any letter yet though my TD is 11/22/2004 and PD is 9/27/2002. I am wondering what criteria they are following?

Thks for the reply Surika.

Is there a number which could be called to get the status ?
One of the things I noticed though is that the date for I485 for Newark district office shows Sep 2004 . I am not sure what this date implies, does it mean the date when the application gets transferred to the Newark office. Would you happen to know.

Pls reply.

surika said:
Congratulations for getting interview letter!

I haven't heard about taking the video before.

Hi surika

Thank you.

I think you get intw letter soon.
best of luck.

Thanks
anjs

Interview Video taping is a common language used. I donot think they actually do it though!

There are no numbers to contact Newark office. The only way to reach them is infopass. They never reply any mails either. However all that we send as mails is pinned into our file.

Regards,
ataknev

Last week, I called up (800) 375–5283 to update my new address. She took my new address and in sequence she asked me did you get any update on your case for the last 60 days? I told her it's not just 60 days, it's over a year I haven't heard anything from them since it got transferred to Newark office. She said she is going to send a query and you will receive a letter from them on the status. So far I haven't received it.