Visa Type:

Nationality or Citizenship:

Case Received Date:
10/19/2001
Processing Center:
Philadelphia Backlog Elimination Center

Case Status:
Incomplete

What does PROCESSING TYPE "TR" mean ? Can 7th year extension be files if i am out of usa?

My 6th year is ending in march 06 ,my father is ill so i need to go to india , I also have to go for stamping since my current stamp as expired. In case is the embassy delay my stamping for some reason eg.query or for some other reason. Will I be able to file for 7th year extension from India?

Guys
When you send a request for screen shot, do you provide the month and year you applied for your LC in your email? I am thinking that if BEC hasn't yet opened boxes of cases sent from SWA, how can they dig out a case so quickly? Are they sending screen shot just based on the information you provide in the email without actually determining if your file exists somewhere in the BEC black-hole?

Garfield said:
Guys
When you send a request for screen shot, do you provide the month and year you applied for your LC in your email? I am thinking that if BEC hasn't yet opened boxes of cases sent from SWA, how can they dig out a case so quickly? Are they sending screen shot just based on the information you provide in the email without actually determining if your file exists somewhere in the BEC black-hole?

I tested that theory with my e-mail by just sending Month and Year and received the exact date so they did in fact find my case. It took them less than an hour.

Based on my tracking of data entry, more than 345,000 cases have already been entered into the system (even if it is partial data entry) so they are very very close to being done opening all boxes. The number below is as of August 19 and they have been entering an average of 3,000 cases per day so they could be done by now.

Guys,

For all the criticism we have levied against Philly, they seem to have done much better job than Dallas in the end. PBEC has tried real hard to stick to FIFO as compared to DBEC. Just watchin.. correct me if I am wrong. I think PBEC is very close to opening all the boxes and finishing partial data entry at least. Expect Dallas filers to be in lot more anguish than us.

Having said that I am in a similar emotional state as Rajel. I have been in this country for over ten years now. This whole process of getting a GC has taken a heavy toll on me and my wife to the extent that we dont want to live here anymore. At this point even if I get my GC my reaction is going to be so what. We have decided to move back to India for good. Am in the process of buying a house over there. A recent devastating illness has made me realise that staying so far away from our friends and families is not worth it. There is corruption/poverty/malaria/pollution and lot of other unpleasant things in India. But it is still my country. Over here I will be a second class citizen no matter what.

Sorry for the emotional spill over here. Sorry if I have offended any one. If I have it is entirely unintentional.

Peace..

cheer up, gcby2020

First of all, I think you and I share the same emotion now. I have always given you credit for being a fight-it man. This long process of labor certification is damaging our confidence, our perspective of this country. We all work very hard, doing a good job in our fields, take care of our family, behave ourselves by being a law-abiding non-resident alien, trying to join the mainstream. But injustice does exist. And as Asian (i am chinese), we have to bear the undue pressure, discrimination mixed with envy of our capabilities and intellegience.

It is ridiculous for us to be insulted by a bunch of low level beaurocrats at DOL headed by my fellow Chinese woman Elaine Chao (I am shamed to see her receive the distinguished immigrant award), who did all she can to distance her from doing any good to help legal immigrants.

Having said all that, my friend, you are now very close to see your GC ordeal coming to an end... in fact you be closer to that goal than many other folks here in NY. Even if you want to go back to India, get the damn GC for you and your family first. That will give you convinience for internationl travel. You can't give up now, my dear friend. You give up, the DOL wins. You should get your green card, then come back to do all you can to scold these lazy bastards for all the suffering you are enduring now. You are highly skilled worker (hope you make more than the avery American does), you will live a better life to revenge the humiliation that they give you by delaying the GC for 3 years. Then if you want to go back to India once and for all, you go at your will, not being forced.

Remember you are always Indian, so always try to help your fellow countryman, even better if extending your help to all Asians. Cheer up, my friend. You have friends here.

gcby2020 said:
Guys,

For all the criticism we have levied against Philly, they seem to have done much better job than Dallas in the end. PBEC has tried real hard to stick to FIFO as compared to DBEC. Just watchin.. correct me if I am wrong. I think PBEC is very close to opening all the boxes and finishing partial data entry at least. Expect Dallas filers to be in lot more anguish than us.

Having said that I am in a similar emotional state as Rajel. I have been in this country for over ten years now. This whole process of getting a GC has taken a heavy toll on me and my wife to the extent that we dont want to live here anymore. At this point even if I get my GC my reaction is going to be so what. We have decided to move back to India for good. Am in the process of buying a house over there. A recent devastating illness has made me realise that staying so far away from our friends and families is not worth it. There is corruption/poverty/malaria/pollution and lot of other unpleasant things in India. But it is still my country. Over here I will be a second class citizen no matter what.

Sorry for the emotional spill over here. Sorry if I have offended any one. If I have it is entirely unintentional.

Peace..

Last edited by a moderator:
Re: LC Proof

I have been emailing the Philli backlog processing center for the past two weeks to get a proof of my certification but have not got any reply from them.
My file date is Feb 2003. Is there anyone in that time frame who has got a response. Also, can someone resend me the email address we need to send the request to.

Appreciate any response.

Thanks
KW1

richshi said:
First of all, I think you and I share the same emotion now. I have always given you credit for being a fight-it man. This long process of labor certification is damaging our confidence, our perspective of this country. We all work very hard, doing a good job in our fields, take care of our family, behave ourselves by being a law-abiding non-resident alien, trying to join the mainstream. But injustice does exist. And as Asian (i am chinese), we have to bear the undue pressure, discrimination mixed with envy of our capabilities and intellegience.

It is ridiculous for us to be insulted by a bunch of low level beaurocrats at DOL headed by my fellow Chinese woman Elaine Chao (I am shamed to see her receive the distinguished immigrant award), who did all she can to distance her from doing any good to help legal immigrants.

Having said all that, my friend, you are now very close to see your GC ordeal coming to an end... in fact you be closer to that goal than many other folks here in NY. Even if you want to go back to India, get the damn GC for you and your family first. That will give you convinience for internationl travel. You can't give up now, my dear friend. You give up, the DOL wins. You should get your green card, then come back to do all you can to scold these lazy bastards for all the suffering you are enduring now. You are highly skilled worker (hope you make more than the avery American does), you will live a better life to revenge the humiliation that they give you by delaying the GC for 3 years. Then if you want to go back to India once and for all, you go at your will, not being forced.

Remember you are always Indian, so always try to help your fellow countryman, even better if extending your help to all Asians. Cheer up, my friend. You have friends here.

Richshi,
I agree with you in some aspects.,

But Right now India and China has better opportunities than before.,

I know some friends who went back to India last year are saving more than they used to save here with a PEACE FUL LIFE..
If some one have single income and working for less with a damn desi consulting companies with a hope of getting a damn GC, here in expensive east/west coast ,can save more in RISING india/china if you have right skill sets and work hard to grow..

Good luck to ALL who want to GO BACK and LIVE and CONTRIBUTE to the GROWTH of the HOME Country...

This is my personal opinion !!

Re: LC Proof

I have been emailing the Philli backlog processing center for the past two weeks to get a proof of my certification but have not got any reply from them.
My file date is Feb 2003. Is there anyone in that time frame who has got a response. Also, can someone resend me the email address we need to send the request to.

Appreciate any response.

Thanks
KW1

No Screenshot

My PD is Jan 2002 - I just requested a case status and got the same email response confirming PD Date and submitted at NY SWA. No Screenshot.

What does this all mean ?????

JustWatching said:
I tested that theory with my e-mail by just sending Month and Year and received the exact date so they did in fact find my case. It took them less than an hour.

Based on my tracking of data entry, more than 345,000 cases have already been entered into the system (even if it is partial data entry) so they are very very close to being done opening all boxes. The number below is as of August 19 and they have been entering an average of 3,000 cases per day so they could be done by now.

I am making very good amount of money over here, many many times over average American, have travelled the world already and can afford to live a very luxurious life (I mean very luxurious- Lexus/Merc, expensive cruises etc etc if I want to). But what I lack is freedom. The very basic human right. Yes I am a fighter and will continue to fight the DOL/USCIS. I am doing it more in support of immigrant community since personally I dont really care whether I get GC or not. India and China provide lot more opportunities. So why not move back. And in the end staying away from family is not worth the sacrifice.

I have learned a lot from staying over here. Americans are nice people and I admire them for accepting so many foreigners from all over the world. Unfortunately all the good work being done by the lay people is being completely negated by the govt agencies. Because of stupidity of DOL/USCIS, US is suffering as much as we are. In times of "war on terror" they need many more ambassadors like us who will travel to different parts of the world and are willing to say that most Americans are good people and that they care about the world. This war on terror is not going to be won by military. It requires winning over people's hearts and minds. Which is why I am saying that the United States is the ultimate victim of these backlogs.

Having seen US/Canada/Europe I am dying to see China and rest of Asia and Africa. This is what I plan to do in subsequent vacations.

Thanks for all the support though. And yes all of us should meet one of these days. I live in NY city and would like to invite all NYers (and NJers and all those who can make it) to a dinner in Manhattan. Any takers??

To All

Have you guys seen the post from aprlc2002 in the philly backlog thread from yesterday and today? Justwatching, I think I saw you there posting on that day.

The guy (or gal) is saying that, according to his sources, PBEC and DBEC will STOP issuing 45-day letters. He (or she) will follow up with more news, b/c supposedly they are trying to figure out what to do. It seems like they are inclined towards rejecting the 45-day letter approach and consolidate applications per company. Then they would either approve it or not...

Has any of you caught any of this?

zgubi said:
Have you guys seen the post from aprlc2002 in the philly backlog thread from yesterday and today? Justwatching, I think I saw you there posting on that day.

The guy (or gal) is saying that, according to his sources, PBEC and DBEC will STOP issuing 45-day letters. He (or she) will follow up with more news, b/c supposedly they are trying to figure out what to do. It seems like they are inclined towards rejecting the 45-day letter approach and consolidate applications per company. Then they would either approve it or not...

Has any of you caught any of this?

I saw the his posts, but don't know how to interpret it. Suppose they will consolidate the cases by company, would that be a huge violation to FIFO? I mean people's PDs are widely different within a company, and by what order would PBEC process Company? Company A** will be processed before B**, then C**?
Don't mind me, I am just thinking aloud here :)

Suhel said:
My PD is Jan 2002 - I just requested a case status and got the same email response confirming PD Date and submitted at NY SWA. No Screenshot.

What does this all mean ?????

Just to confirm .... I only sent the Month and Year of the PD and it returned the exact date !

So .... does this mean that they have us entered into the system, but are no longer sending the screenshot ?

They must have us entered somewhere to get the correct date and indicating NY SWA ......

Also ... the return email was within 1 hour !

Re: LC Status Check

CAN SOMEONE PLEASE RESPONSE TO THIS :

I have been emailing the Philli backlog processing center for the past two weeks to get a proof of my certification but have not got any reply from them. I need to apply for my 7th year renewal.

Appreciate any response.

Thanks
KW1

KW1 said:

I have been emailing the Philli backlog processing center for the past two weeks to get a proof of my certification but have not got any reply from them. I need to apply for my 7th year renewal.

Appreciate any response.

Thanks
KW1

Ask you employer/attorney to call them. They don't reply to e-mails sent to the 'status' e-mail address, only to the 'H1B7YR'. If you don't get an answer from the second address, it usually means that your case has not been entered into their system (based on JustWatching's statistics, all cases should be in the system by now), or you didn't provide enough information -> meaning they don't find your data. Employer/attorney can get status easier than you, but with a PD 02/2003 don't expect too much.

KW1 said:

Appreciate any response.

Thanks
KW1
Why cant they just provide a url and ask us to enter the p no, t no or name whatever to check status !!!

srimoorthy said:
Why cant they just provide a url and ask us to enter the p no, t no or name whatever to check status !!!

They spent thousands devloping this new system and they can't have a frontend for users to enter details and get a status ? Who wrote the business requirements for this system ?

Really would save time and money lost from people who call and email to find out details of their case ......

They need some enhancements to their new system

Update to tracker...
Nothing exciting.

T-05124-94XXX
PD 2/26/2002
EB3 RIR NY
No 45 day letter.

Wondering if we should start a PERM LC with my spouse's company (he just got approval to go ahead) or if I will beat him and should not bother.

Question 4 JustWatching

JW,

I saw in one of your later posts that you 'broke down' and went ahead and asked for your 7th year screenshot. I also have Fragomen as my law firm, and they are being so unhelpfull that it's almost ridiculous.
I don't know ANYTHING about my app (as far as I know, it could have fallen out of a truck on its way to Philly) and am eager to find out anything I can.
Fragomen paralegal said that they will ask for the proof for my 7th year extension soon (October). My PD was in late November, 2001.

Do you suggest I send an email to h1b7th... and try to obtain a screenshot? Is it possible to 'screw up' Fragomen when they ask for the screenshot? Will they use this email address at all or will they go different way to obtain the proof for my 7th year extension?

I never received my 45-day letter yet (obviously).

Thanks a lot for your response.

Status
Not open for further replies.