New York SESA Tracker

Status
Not open for further replies.
richshi said:
If so, there might be some problem. My girlfriend's attorney is with Fragomen, her PR date November 2, 2001. Last time (may be in May 2005) she checked with her attorney, the lawyer said she has not received any 45 day letter yet. But then we know there were many people in the oct-nov 2001 range received 45 day letter back in March.

She again asked and received a screen shot yesterday, the same "awaiting for processing" shit, not even a T#.

Could it be the Fragomen handled case being treated differently? For god's sake, they are the largest immigration law firm in the country. Many big companies use them to handle cases.

I appreciate your positive thoughts, though. Hopefully the Phily backlog center will look into the Fragomen bulk (I heard they sent LC applications in bulk, otherwise my friend's case would have been filed in early October 2001). Good luck.

Yes, it's Fragomen.

I wouldn't try to read too much into it (I'm actually not). My opinion is that NY SWA sent cases to the BPC in a very disorganized manner. So some stacks of cases from Nov/Dec '01 got entered in March, seems like others got entered in May. And who knows when others got data entered.

I really don't think it has anything to do with Fragomen. C'mon they can barely sort them by PD! What are the odds they can sort by attorney!

JW: don't underestimate the DOL's destruction capability

Don't overestimate DOL's construction capabilities, or underestimate their destruction capability. :rolleyes:

It was just a wild guess. You probably right, DOL barely can sort it by Priority Date (It always amaze how difficult this could be, since they know which box were shipped when and contain which period of files).

My friend will contact her attorney next week, will update you. Likewise, if you talk to your attorney at Fragomen, update us here on what the hell is going on.

Priority Dates

Does anyone know what is the cut-off date for applying for EB3 category, to apply for the I-140/ I-485. ?

MY PD is Jan 31 2002 (EB3) I want to know whether I would be eligible to apply for the I-140/I-485 if I get my labor certification in the next 3-4 months.

Many Thanks.

LaborPains said:
Does anyone know what is the cut-off date for applying for EB3 category, to apply for the I-140/ I-485. ?

MY PD is Jan 31 2002 (EB3) I want to know whether I would be eligible to apply for the I-140/I-485 if I get my labor certification in the next 3-4 months.

Many Thanks.

Forgot to add that I am from India.

My fellow new Yorkers:

I requested the famous H1B extension screen shot and got it back in few hours, my case status still showing as RIR.

I am seeing many empty boxes like : Occupation title , Occupation Code, Prevailing Wage ? Did you have these fields empty on your screen shot? is that normal ? Please confirm.

Thanks

Hi Justwatching

I requested you on page 269#4034 your advise. I would appreciate if you can give your opinion. The screen shot which I received is showing case receive date and priority date as 05/02/2005 whereas my RIR date with NY is 11/26/2001. I have still not received 45d letter. I am worried if in thier system my priority date is entered as 05/2/2005 then how they would be processing my case. As per you what shall we do in this case. Thanks.

ahalem said:
My fellow new Yorkers:

I requested the famous H1B extension screen shot and got it back in few hours, my case status still showing as RIR.

I am seeing many empty boxes like : Occupation title , Occupation Code, Prevailing Wage ? Did you have these fields empty on your screen shot? is that normal ? Please confirm.

Thanks

My screen shot info is as follows;
I too have empty for Occupation title , Occupation Code, Prevailing Wage.,

Here are the details from the screen shot

Perm Backlog Case Event

Case Information

ETA Case Number:
P-05031-45***
Priority Date:
10/30/2001

Processing Type:
RIR
Case Source:
State

Employer Name:
Business Activity:

Occupation Title:

Occupation Code:

Rate of Pay:
Prevailing Wage:

Alien Name:
Visa Type:
H-1B

Nationality or Citizenship:
INDIA

Case Received Date:
10/30/2001
Processing Center:
Philadelphia Backlog Elimination Center

Case Status:
Certified

Thanks God Bless you. that is much better. even that my case is not certified , i was worried about missing info.

By the way, my Case Received Date is 11/14/2011 ( no Kidding ) , they must meant 11/14/2004

ahalem said:
Thanks God Bless you. that is much better. even that my case is not certified , i was worried about missing info.

By the way, my Case Received Date is 11/14/2011 ( no Kidding ) , they must meant 11/14/2004

you mean 11/14/2001...

meanwhile my reply to 45 day letter was mailed today.

Not really, this is the date when they got my file , it was on 11/14/2004 , my PD is 11/13/2001 , they kept my file on storage until Jan 24, 2005 then send the letter on March 2005 and nothing since then....

gcby2020 said:
you mean 11/14/2001...

meanwhile my reply to 45 day letter was mailed today.

srimoorthy said:
Thanks a lot for the info, and Congratulations , I am sending a mail now.
Rgds
This is what I got

Perm Backlog Case Event

Case Information

ETA Case Number:
P-05031-xxxx
Priority Date:
10/30/2001

Processing Type:
RIR
Case Source:
State

Employer Name:

Occupation Title:

Occupation Code:

Rate of Pay:

Prevailing Wage:

Alien Name:

Visa Type:
H-1B

Case Received Date:
10/30/2001
Processing Center:

Case Status:
RIR

did you send from your personal email?

srimoorthy said:
This is what I got

Perm Backlog Case Event

Case Information

ETA Case Number:
P-05031-xxxx
Priority Date:
10/30/2001

Processing Type:
RIR
Case Source:
State

Employer Name:

Occupation Title:

Occupation Code:

Rate of Pay:

Prevailing Wage:

Alien Name:

Visa Type:
H-1B

Case Received Date:
10/30/2001
Processing Center:

Case Status:
RIR
I can't help myself sending this message to them too, but do you think they can figure out who's reqest is real?
It became a nightmare that I can't receive my 45 days letter properly.(god forbid)

file hidden in one of the unopened box?

My girlfriend received this from Phily Backlog center for h-1b extension two days ago:

DATE OF ACCEPTANCE FOR
PROCESSING
November 2, 2001

Dear Employer:

This is in response to your
inquiry regarding the pending
Application for Alien
Employment Certification. Your
application on behalf of ABC XYZ
was filed with the State
Workforce Agency (local office)
on November 2, 2001. The
application is awaiting
processing.

Current processing information
can be obtained by visiting our
website at
http://atlas.doleta.gov/foreign

Sincerely,

STEPHEN W. STEFANKO
Certifying Officer

I take it this means the case has not been entered into the system yet. She is very worried now, since I told her most New York 2001 cases on this forum have reported receiving approval/45 day letter already, at least get a case number (P#or T#). Her case was filed in November, 2001, RIR, in New york.

Any new yorker (in the 2001 range) here receive similar message recently? thanks. Wonder if her case still buried in one of the unopened box? but again, then how did they know her PR date? She gave the PR date in her inquiry email, could they just copy it without checking. :mad:

SSCPANY said:
Hi Justwatching

I requested you on page 269#4034 your advise. I would appreciate if you can give your opinion. The screen shot which I received is showing case receive date and priority date as 05/02/2005 whereas my RIR date with NY is 11/26/2001. I have still not received 45d letter. I am worried if in thier system my priority date is entered as 05/2/2005 then how they would be processing my case. As per you what shall we do in this case. Thanks.

Sorry...missed the post.

First, I have not seen a screen print myself. Can anyone else confirm what field has the PD and which field has the date the case was received at BPC?

Or do you have the same value in more than one field?

Here is my next question? Were you genuinly requesting the screen print for a 7th year extension? If you were then I would suggest you reply back to the e-mail and say that you need to prove you have been waiting for more than 1 year to get LC approved and based on the screen print that would not be the case. And to please go ahead correct the error and send you a new screen print.

If you were not really seeking a 7th year extension, then you can still try what I said before although I personally think that would really be pushing it in terms of not being honest. You can also try to just call them and explain the issue. If all else fails, contact your congress man and have them do a congressional inquiry. Information on how to do that can usually be found on their websites.

JustWatching said:
Sorry...missed the post.

First, I have not seen a screen print myself. Can anyone else confirm what field has the PD and which field has the date the case was received at BPC?

Or do you have the same value in more than one field?

Here is my next question? Were you genuinly requesting the screen print for a 7th year extension? If you were then I would suggest you reply back to the e-mail and say that you need to prove you have been waiting for more than 1 year to get LC approved and based on the screen print that would not be the case. And to please go ahead correct the error and send you a new screen print.

If you were not really seeking a 7th year extension, then you can still try what I said before although I personally think that would really be pushing it in terms of not being honest. You can also try to just call them and explain the issue. If all else fails, contact your congress man and have them do a congressional inquiry. Information on how to do that can usually be found on their websites.

Thanks Justwatching.

My attorny called them. As per her my case has not been fully implemented into the system. She expects my case to be put in the system in a month.
The generation of 45d letter appear to be random rather than based on PD or case number as you are also trying to figure it out as per your post page#271#4051. gcby2020 has case number and PD both is after me but he has still got 45d letter and as per him it was issued on Aug 12,2005. If they have really issued 45d letters then we would have also got it. It seems to be random considering in my case she says in a month.

richshi said:
My girlfriend received this from Phily Backlog center for h-1b extension two days ago:

DATE OF ACCEPTANCE FOR
PROCESSING
November 2, 2001

Dear Employer:

This is in response to your
inquiry regarding the pending
Application for Alien
Employment Certification. Your
application on behalf of ABC XYZ
was filed with the State
Workforce Agency (local office)
on November 2, 2001. The
application is awaiting
processing.

Current processing information
can be obtained by visiting our
website at
http://atlas.doleta.gov/foreign

Sincerely,

STEPHEN W. STEFANKO
Certifying Officer

I take it this means the case has not been entered into the system yet. She is very worried now, since I told her most New York 2001 cases on this forum have reported receiving approval/45 day letter already, at least get a case number (P#or T#). Her case was filed in November, 2001, RIR, in New york.

Any new yorker (in the 2001 range) here receive similar message recently? thanks. Wonder if her case still buried in one of the unopened box? but again, then how did they know her PR date? She gave the PR date in her inquiry email, could they just copy it without checking. :mad:

Yes, I have received an identical letter when my lawyer requested for my 7th year extension, unlike what everyone has been posting. I dont think it means that the info is not entered in the system as I received my 45 day letter before this 7th year request and i have 'P' case number.

AD-NY02: thanks

I just showed your response to my friend, she feels a little relieved now. Thanks, AD-NY02, and good luck.

by the way, what is your Priority date?

experience letter for LC

Hi all,

I applied for LC (NY - regular) in Sept '02. At that point, I did not have the experience letter from my previous employer and I was told by the lawyers that there will be an opportunity to provide documentation later in the process. I have not yet received my 45 day letter from BEC although some co-workers that applied after me (all NY regular) have received it.

I wonder whether the lack of some documentation could be holding up the process. How important is it to have experience letters? I can try to get the letter now. Will I be able to submit it now?

From what I know applications should be handled in FIFO order. Any guesses where my application may be stuck? Thanks much for any help!

richshi said:
I just showed your response to my friend, she feels a little relieved now. Thanks, AD-NY02, and good luck.

I too received a similar email from the Backlog Center. My Priority date is 10/09/2001 and my attorney mentioned that they haven't received the 45 day letter for my case. The reply from the PBPC was from the same certifying officer.

richshi said:

Hi Richshi,
Are you still sending/faxing letters to PBEC? (I have done the same) I was wondering when we can get our 45 day letters. Last week I called PBEC, and was told they I am expecting to receive the letter in one to two months, (my pd is May 2002, SWA) however, I don't know how much I can trust the lady because she seems to keep changing the answer, like in three weeks I should get it. I told her people are frustrated because early PDers don't get t he letter while late PDers got. She said, well, she didn't know because she didn't receive such call often.

So I encourage NYers should call PBEC, or let their attorney/employers to call and let the center know there are people with early PD get stuck with no receipt, no 45 day letter. I have a feeling t hat FIFO will not be followed until we get our 45 day letters.

Status
Not open for further replies.