New York SESA Tracker

Status
Not open for further replies.
ariesny1 said:
Hi All,

I just heard from my company that they received the 45 day letter for my case about a week ago.
Does any one have any ideal how long the labor dept takes to process the case once they receive the letter back?

PD is Nov 14, 2001

As quoted by waitingtoo .....

2. Spoke to someone in PA BEC, and the person mentioned it will take upto 90 days to complete the processing after reply to 45 day letter has been received. Is this consistent with what others have heard? Does this mean late-2001 NY filers would have their Labor approved/rejected by approx. July 05?

Hi Friends,

I am regular visitor to this forum. Just wanted to share the progress of my RIR abor application filed from NY. Priority Dt. 11/14/2001. Received 45 day letter on March 5th & replied. Good luck to all who have been waiting for so long.

Hello Friend:

What was the query asked in that 45 day letter, was it serious or just a regular query.

What possition have you filled in IT or NON IT

Please advice

Best Regards

45 day letter tracker

This is good news and some ray of hope ! Good luck to you and I really hope after waiting so long everything goes well for you and your labor is cleared.

Anyone receiving 45 day letters please post here so the rest of us know which month in NY they are processing.

It seems they are doing November. If anyone in December01 or '02 has received 45 day letters please post here...

I am sure many are thinking if its worth waiting or doing PERM. You post will help make a life changing decision. If NY is moving it maybe worth waiting.

It was just a regular query asking if employer wants to continue with labor (and lawyer replied yes but please deliver soon, it's paining too much cant bear, ha ha ha just kidding) & lawyer replied yes. Its RIR - IT programmer

Did any one from Oct got 45 day letters?

People who filed in November are receiving 45 days letters. Acc. to my lawyer my case that was filed in Oct,2001 did not goto BEC at all. Did anybody else who filed in Oct has any update ?

Thanks

No news PD Oct1, 2001

My spouse's PD is Oct 1, 2001 and he also got a rfe on company's name change in Sep' 2004. The lawyer replied in Oct 2004. No news since then.

Finally sharing some new news with you :

PD : Nov 13th , 2001
45 Days letter : my company got it and in process of reply.

They are asking for :
- Updated form : ETA 750 Part A and B
- Continuation letter from the employer

As per my lawyer, he is not sure about the 90 days processing time and he said we should just wait …..

I did not get the case number yet, what is the format of it ? Is it P-YYMMDD-nnnnnn ? Please advice.

He did not say it will be process in 90 days, he is excepting a longer delays then 90 days since:
- he is not sure if regional cases will be processed before RIR cases or not.
- also how efficient is the new system.

ItsTough said:
Thanks ahalem. Even if they say 90 days its not bad as long as its true. :cool:

My filing date is Oct 26, 2001. I sent them email for status during Feb 20, 2005. I got reply around Feb 28,2005 as case number not yet assigned. Now we see 45 days letter for Nov 2001 cases. I did not receive any such letter. Can we get more information as how Nov 2001 cases are getting letter and not Oct 2001. How much we should wait.

waitlisted said:
People who filed in November are receiving 45 days letters. Acc. to my lawyer my case that was filed in Oct,2001 did not goto BEC at all. Did anybody else who filed in Oct has any update ?

Thanks

My priority date is October 21, 2001. Received an RFE back in October 2004, to which my attorney replied. No news since then. My attorney believes that all cases, even the opened ones, have been sent to BEC. I would just like to know where our October 2001 cases are.

NY DOL news

NY DOL news.......

This might be some good news as Non RIR has some issues ...

Any insinght from gurus ???

---------------------------------------------------------
2. DOL Transition Watch : NY State Department of Labor

Many readers of MurthyDotCom and the MurthyBulletin live and work in the New York area. This article is for readers who have filed, or are the beneficiaries of, labor certifications that are pending with the New York State Department of Labor (NYDOL). The NYDOL, among its other roles, serves as the State Workforce Agency (SWA) for the state of New York. On March 2, 2005, the NY SWA provided an update regarding the transfer of their pending cases to the Philadelphia Backlog Processing Center (BPC). The BPCs were previously referred to as Backlog Reduction or Backlog Elimination Centers.

Cases Received by December 31, 2002 : The cases received by the NYDOL by December 31, 2002 have been sent to the Philadelphia BPC. The exception to this is traditional, non-Reduction in Recruitment (RIR) cases that have already been reviewed and are awaiting advertising.

Cases Filed in 2003 and 2004 : Labor certification cases filed with the NYDOL in 2003 and 2004 are scheduled to be forwarded to the Philadelphia BPC by the end of March 2005.

Cases filed in 2005 : Cases filed in 2005, until March 27, 2005, will be logged and date stamped. They will then be forwarded for processing to the Philadelphia BPC. March 27, 2005 is the last day for filing labor certification cases under current, non-PERM procedures. A case must be postmarked by March 27, 2005 in order to be accepted. Later cases will be rejected and will need to be re-filed under PERM procedures in order to go forward.

Problem - H1B Extensions : The NYDOL is having a problem addressing inquires about case status, as well as requests for proof of filing for purposes of obtaining H1B "7th-year" extensions. Given the demands on the time of the limited staff, the H1B information requests will have priority. It may be best to make these requests as far in advance as possible, to assure that the evidence of the labor certification is in hand when needed to file the H1B 7th-year extension.

PERM - Job Orders and Prevailing Wages : The required 30-day job orders under PERM must have an employer contact person listed, not an attorney contact. The NYDOL will be developing a new prevailing wage form for the PERM wage determinations.

We at The Law Office of Sheela Murthy would like to thank the NYDOL for this helpful update. We hope this information clarifies for MurthyDotCom and MurthyBulletin readers the process for labor certifications with all the changes going on with the BPCs, different SWAs, and the impending PERM.

Mine is Oct 2001

HI Mine was filed in October 2001 through RiR. I did send a status mail DFLC <status@DAL.DFLC.US and also to the other address on feb 20, I received a reply on feb 24, with my case no from DAL.DFLC. But according to some of the notes here i beleive all cases from NY are sent to Phily right ? I am not sure why I got the reply from DAL with my case no. Any ideas ? Is this Bad ?
RGds

I think both centers have access to the same computer database system , if your case start with P , it should be process in Phily.

srimoorthy said:
HI Mine was filed in October 2001 through RiR. I did send a status mail DFLC <status@DAL.DFLC.US and also to the other address on feb 20, I received a reply on feb 24, with my case no from DAL.DFLC. But according to some of the notes here i beleive all cases from NY are sent to Phily right ? I am not sure why I got the reply from DAL with my case no. Any ideas ? Is this Bad ?
RGds

srimoorthy said:
RGds

Do not worry .. only Dllas BEC is sending replies to the emails.. I too got reply with case number from Dallas BEC only.. where as letter to PHilly BEC replied to contact Employer...

Has Anyone whose PD is in DEC and filed thru RIR NY received 45-Day Bec Letter. If yes please let me know when. As my PD is Dec 14th 2001 and have not received any letter yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.