New York SESA Tracker

Status
Not open for further replies.
Question: Can somebody explain the difference between regional processing and state processing? Is it true that every application first goes to state (currently October 2001) and then regional (July 2004) processing in order to pass labor? Are applications to be state processed sent to Philly and regional ones remain in NY?

thanks a million

zgubi said:
Question: Can somebody explain the difference between regional processing and state processing? Is it true that every application first goes to state (currently October 2001) and then regional (July 2004) processing in order to pass labor? Are applications to be state processed sent to Philly and regional ones remain in NY?

thanks a million

In the past you would submit you application to NY SWA (State) , they would process and then forward to NY DOL (Regional).

Applications filed before 12/31/2004 and still sitting at NY SWA are being sent to the Philly Backlog Elimination Center.

Applications at NY DOL have not been forwarded to Philly BEC - I guess they will not be.

Applications submitted to NY SWA between 1/1/05 to 3/27/2005 were initially supposed to go to the new National Processing Center. There is some speculation that they will ultimately end up at Philly BEC.

Applications submitted past 3/28/05 will be processed using PERM at the new National Processing Centers

some news

For what it's worth...
My lawyer contacted NY state to inquire about my case (PD 10/25/2001).
They replied yesterday saying that my case was transferred to USDOL Philadelphia Backlog Center. So far, he hasn't received any 45d letters for NY cases.

Will keep you posted when I get any news from our friends at Philly (although I suspect they're probably more busy getting ready for the big game than dealing with our cases.. :rolleyes: )

Rajel,

Did you get any query from NY SWA? My spouse got a query regarding his company's name change and merger at the end of Sep' 2004 and the lawyer replied sometime in Nov' 04. Nothing has been heard back from NY SWA since then. My spouse's PD is Oct 01, 2001.

Thanks

Converting to PERM

Hi All,

My labor application (RIR EB-3) was priority mailed by my lawyer on 13th Nov 2001 and I have not received any further information thus far.

I have two questions , can someone please answer them for me:

1. How long the labor dept normally takes to stamp (PD) the application once the receive it?
2. Will I be better off converting my case to PERM or should I stay with my current application?

Thanks

rkj123 said:
Rajel,

Did you get any query from NY SWA? My spouse got a query regarding his company's name change and merger at the end of Sep' 2004 and the lawyer replied sometime in Nov' 04. Nothing has been heard back from NY SWA since then. My spouse's PD is Oct 01, 2001.

Thanks

I didn't get any query, I believe my case wasn't opened yet.

Rajel said:
For what it's worth...
My lawyer contacted NY state to inquire about my case (PD 10/25/2001).
They replied yesterday saying that my case was transferred to USDOL Philadelphia Backlog Center. So far, he hasn't received any 45d letters for NY cases.

Will keep you posted when I get any news from our friends at Philly (although I suspect they're probably more busy getting ready for the big game than dealing with our cases.. :rolleyes: )

My priority date is 10/26/01. Based on your information, I can also presume that my case has also been transferred to BEC. Pl post whenever you get 45d letter. Any guess, when we can get this letter.

Master Tracker

NY Forum...I am posting the following message in all the relevant forums. Since I have the tracker for this one, I will take care of it. But I wanted to let you know what I am doing

--------------------------------------------------------------------

Hello all,

I am trying to create a master tracker that will help all of us determine where we all fall in the BEC queue.

My goal is to consolidate into a single tracker all pending labor certifications from all STATES and all DOLs.

This will help us in the long run to better understand how BECs will be processing our cases.

I have attached an empty tracker. I will return next Friday, February 11 to “pick it up”.

At that time I will merge all sub-trackers into a single one and post it in the DOL forums section.

I hope you find value in doing this and participate. If your forum has a tracker already, it would be great if someone volunteers and populates the tracker I have posted.

Since it will be hard for me to check all forums next week, if you have any questions, please send me a Private Message.

Thank you for your help

JustWatching

JustWatching said:
NY Forum...I am posting the following message in all the relevant forums. Since I have the tracker for this one, I will take care of it. But I wanted to let you know what I am doing

--------------------------------------------------------------------

Justwatching ... Thank You for taking the lead .... it will be a great tool for all of us !

please read, this may work

The legal action against DOL is not going to help us in the near future. But this will:

AILA (American Immigration Lawyers Association) is a powerful lobby group in DC. Call them, or email them, ask them to lobby for one thing, and one thing only: make the conversion from the already filed LC to PERM easier and risk free. Be realistic, PERM is not going to be halted. All you want is to be able to convert the already filed LC to PERM easily and risk free. It does not make sense for people sticking with the same job has had no changes such as job responsiblities, salary, even location. The point is as long as people still with the same employer, they should be allowed to file PERM without first withdrawing current application. They should be allowed to file as a brand new PERM without losing their priority date. This is fair to everyone.

CALL AILA, tell them that you want their reprensatation. Let them set up a escrow acct for donation of funds, funds to be used for lobby. They will be happy to do this. Why, because 1) they like money, everybody does; 2) more people willing to refile PERM, their lawyers making more money; 3) many of its members found it difficult to pursuade people to refile as PERM; 4) it is a slam dunk for them to pursuade DOL to do as DOL wants more people to go PERM.

Try it, it will work!!!

eastwest said:
JustWatching,
Where is the Tracker, I dont see any...

Thanks

eastwest - I didn't post this tracker because I maintain our tracker which I will be transferring to the Master Tracker.

I'll add you to the tracker.

7th yr extension would be sent to BEC ?

question: when we request a proof of labor pending for more than one year to file a 7th year extension, NY SWA is sending a computer screen print out of our case. so how would they consider these cases, as opened or unopened since they are shipping all the unopened cases to Philly BEC ?

-LoveNY

7th year extension

Also,

I heard that once that pull your file out, to send the certification that you've been in the process for more than 365 days for 7th year extensions, there is a pretty good chance that they won't put it back in the pile - they'll process it right away.

Has anyone else heard anything about this?

Sure.. I got my pending certificate last February for 7th year extension, I havent heard anything yet and Do NOT expect anything to happen until next year

Thanks

Guys,
I have a question that is not related to this forum, But I guess someone will know.
I have applied for my 7th year extension on Oct,8th 2004 and havent heard back anything. Apperently official time posted is Oct 21st,2004 on the website So I am wondering where can I contact (Phone Number) to get update on my case. National processing is not much help.

Any insight?
Thanks in advance

7th Yr extension

Qn related to 7th Yr extension. I am in 6 Yr now with 5 more months left. My labor was applied in Nov'01 with NY with say company X and recently moved to a company B for some reason(s). I read somewhere in this forum that Company B can apply for 7th Yr extension.
1. How can I get the proff of pending labor ?
2. If i apply for PERM with Company B in March'05, what happens to the
pending labor?
3. How many months before we can apply for 7th yr extension ? Is there a
rule or something that we cannot apply for 7th yr ext unless untill say 3
months before 6th yr expiry.

Thanks in advance.

Status
Not open for further replies.