New York SESA Tracker

Status
Not open for further replies.
ahalem said:
I know what you mean, I was worry that you are going to say so....

Do not you think we are the unluckiest guys ever with the DOL history ?

Well ahalem, let me just stray a bit from the usual topics. I personally don't believe in luck, I believe there is a God and that he influences our lives. It is hard sometimes to understand why but I truly believe there is always a reason.

I have been offered several jobs in the last few years - some looked promising, more money, more responsability - but have not taken them because of the pending labor certification. In hind sight I am glad that I never took any of them because as it turns out I have done better with my current employer.

I must say that I know I am blessed and that my employer takes no advantage of my situation and treats me well. I know many out there are in bad situations and wish they could get out of there current situations - I am sorry for them, no one should have to go through a situation like that.

There will be a time for our labor certification to come and it will be the right time. This doesn't mean that we sit and do nothing, I think we use the talents that have been given to us to try to make it better.

Personally, I find it hard to argue with the BECs as to the order they are using, could they be more efficient, sure, but they are only going to do as well as they can no matter how many letters we send.

Right now I am looking at the possibility of filing under PERM, if not my RIR will surely come one day...

I wish everyone gets their green card one day and make the best of the opportunity that has been given to them.

Lc Pending Since April 2001

I called up at the given number and spoke to them. I was told if no reply has been sent to lawyer or the employer that means the file has been sent with current all the unopened files to Philly.

das_go said:
Try this number 212 621 9375. Your attorney is supposed to be the one calling .

Let me know after you talk to them.

Just Watching :

Thanks for your words, what you are saying is true, its just that sometimes I feel very disappointed and depressed becuase of that, but as you said we are in much better positions when many others and its all in god hands.

Please and If you do not mind to share with us the results of the PREM analysis, your help is really appreciated.

LC pending april 2001

Have you recived any query on your application from SESA ? if not then either your case is in Regional NY or unopened (which goes to BEC)

SINCE2001 said:
I called up at the given number and spoke to them. I was told if no reply has been sent to lawyer or the employer that means the file has been sent with current all the unopened files to Philly.

PERM and RIR?

Guys,

My RIR PD is 04/20/2002 and I am thinking to file another labor under PERM without withdrawing my current RIR case. I already spoke with employer and he is ready to file it.

I have two question regarding this.

1) Is there any risk filing both RIR and PERM simultaneously?

2) In case if PERM is rejected, can I still proceed with my RIR case?

Thanks in advance.

maliklongwait said:
Guys,

My RIR PD is 04/20/2002 and I am thinking to file another labor under PERM without withdrawing my current RIR case. I already spoke with employer and he is ready to file it.

I have two question regarding this.

1) Is there any risk filing both RIR and PERM simultaneously?

2) In case if PERM is rejected, can I still proceed with my RIR case?

Thanks in advance.

While DOL has not made its final decision it is expected that they will not allow PERM and RIR to be filed for same job/person.

What will likely happen is if you sibmit PERM, they will assume withdrawal of RIR.

So it is likely that you will not be able to do what you are planning

7th year extension

My previous company A started GC process that has not been withdrawn since 2001, it is still active ,I now work for company B.
Can compamy B file for 7th year extension based on company A's labor since it is pending since 2001.

gz71 said:
My previous company A started GC process that has not been withdrawn since 2001, it is still active ,I now work for company B.
Can compamy B file for 7th year extension based on company A's labor since it is pending since 2001.

Yes you can. The risk you run is that if company A decides to use the LC for another employee in the future you would no longer be able to do your next extension with that LC.

JustWatching said:
While DOL has not made its final decision it is expected that they will not allow PERM and RIR to be filed for same job/person.

What will likely happen is if you sibmit PERM, they will assume withdrawal of RIR.

If you want to apply under PERM, does the company require to test the market again, I mean it has to advertise in the papers etc. as required by PERM for a few months right ?

JustWatching said:

Thanks Just watching for your response.

So you recomned that I should not file my labor under PERM, right?

What is your best guess regarding my approval of RIR case as PD is April 2002?

LaborPains said:
If you want to apply under PERM, does the company require to test the market again, I mean it has to advertise in the papers etc. as required by PERM for a few months right ?

Yup.

maliklongwait said:
Thanks Just watching for your response.

So you recomned that I should not file my labor under PERM, right?

What is your best guess regarding my approval of RIR case as PD is April 2002?

Not necessarily, if you think you can get approved under PERM and you don't care too much about priority dates then it may not be a bad choice.

As I was saying, I think NY 2002 cases will be processed in the 1st half of 2006 - but that is just my guess.

any guess for jan 2003 case

justwatching, what's your best guess for a Jan 2003 case ?

JustWatching said:
Not necessarily, if you think you can get approved under PERM and you don't care too much about priority dates then it may not be a bad choice.

As I was saying, I think NY 2002 cases will be processed in the 1st half of 2006 - but that is just my guess.

JustWatching said:
Yes you can. The risk you run is that if company A decides to use the LC for another employee in the future you would no longer be able to do your next extension with that LC.

Couple of Qns,

What do we need to have inorder for the company B to file for 7th yr extension. NY won't give any proof of receipt. And i am sure company A (and their attorney) may not be willing to co-operate. what do we do then ?

Thanks,

staff ?

Justwatching, Is this assuming that each BEC has 200 staff ?

JustWatching said:
I'll keep guessing as long as you guys don't come back to beat me up when I get them wrong!

middle OF 2006

LC pending since April 2001

No i have not received any query from SESA. I was just told if i have not received any query then my file has been sent to Philly.

das_go said:
Have you recived any query on your application from SESA ? if not then either your case is in Regional NY or unopened (which goes to BEC)

each BEC has 200 staff

this is from murthy.com, take a look at this.

Update on Backlog Elimination Centers
©MurthyDotCom
The meeting began with a Backlog Elimination Center (BEC) update. There are the two BECs in Philadelphia, PA and Dallas, TX, as well as two "satellite" backlog centers - New York, NY (with Boston, MA) and San Francisco, CA. The two satellites will stay open for approximately another year. The oldest cases from the regional offices are at the BECs. Open cases at the regions are not moving to the BECs. Each BEC has approximately 200 contract staff members. The federal staff moved to the BECs from the regional offices will make all final case decisions.

JustWatching said:
No, each BEC has 100 resources.

LoveNY said:
this is from murthy.com, take a look at this.

Update on Backlog Elimination Centers
©MurthyDotCom
The meeting began with a Backlog Elimination Center (BEC) update. There are the two BECs in Philadelphia, PA and Dallas, TX, as well as two "satellite" backlog centers - New York, NY (with Boston, MA) and San Francisco, CA. The two satellites will stay open for approximately another year. The oldest cases from the regional offices are at the BECs. Open cases at the regions are not moving to the BECs. Each BEC has approximately 200 contract staff members. The federal staff moved to the BECs from the regional offices will make all final case decisions.

Yes - at the risk of sounding like a smart a**, Murthy's post is incorrect. In fact there is a user "Icarus" in the Philly Backlog forum - don't ask - but his info is good. He also disagreed with this number.

Status
Not open for further replies.