New York SESA Tracker

Status
Not open for further replies.
Checked AVM

Today I checked AVM and most of the cases for June 7 2004 (At Regional Office are certified.)

So My analysis says that Regional office have started processing June cases.

Thanks

Check this out

from www.immigration-law.com

10/23/2004: Ongoing Reorganization of Labor Certification Functions at the Federal Level

* For the last two days, we have posted messages as to how the labor certification functions at the State level are reengineered before or after January 1, 2005. Basically, the State offices will be phased out. Now, a Regional Office memo of DOL/ETA dated October 21, 2004 indicates that the Regional offices structure (currently 6 Regions) will also be phased out and the entire staff of the offices of certifying officers at the six Regions will be transferred to the National Processing Centers (NPC) in Chicago and Atlanta by the end of December 2004. We reported earlier that the Region V office was relocating to the site of National Processing Center in Chicago and all the files were being boxed for moving. It turns out that this moving involves more than physical relocation of the Region V. It involves the separation of the foreign labor certification function and staff from the Regional structure of ETA of DOL and merge into the "national" structure of the ETA of DOL. The Memorandum states as follows:
* The Employment and Training Administration (ETA) is proceeding with a reorganization of its offices, divisons and units to better serve its customers. Part of this reoganization is a redeployment of Federal staff involved with foreign labor certification. This function has been transferred from the Regional Offices to the Office of National Programs, Division of Foreign Labor Certification (DFLC). The Division has reorganized its foreign labor certification activities in a new structure intended to eliminate the current Permanent Program backlog and implement the new Program Electronic Review Management (PERM) system. The newly created structure will be Center-based and include all program functions and Federal staff currently residing in ETA Regional Offices. Before the end of calendar year 2004, Federal foreign labor certification staff nationwide will be relocated to two Perm Processing Centers located in Atlanta and Chicago.
+ The Region V Foreign Labor Certification Staff are currently in the process of moving and its new name and office address are as follow:
+
Chicago Perm Processing Center
844 N. Rush St.
12th Floor
Chicago, Illinois 60611
* This is indeed an earth-shaking reform of alien labor certification system!

Question

Hi Guys,
Just curious to know the process being followed in Backlog Elimination Centers.
Will they be just one step processing . I mean no more state/regional. For example, if someone's case is opened, it will be either approved or RFE sent or rejected or sent to the second queue for non-RIR processing.
Does anyone know the details yet ? Or as usual the DOL will make/change rules in the middle of GAME.

more news

10/24/2004: Line-Up of DOL New Four National Labor Certification Centers

* The reshape of the leadership of the national foreign labor certification recruits mostly the existing leaders in the current Regions as follows:
o National Certifying Officer: Bill Carlson, Chief of Forein Labor Certification, National Programs, ETA, DOL
o Chicago National Processing Center Director: Charlene Giles (former Dallas Region Certifying Officer)
o Atlanta National Processing Center Director: Gene Caso
o Philadelphia Backlog Elimination Center Director: Steve Stefanko (Current Certifying Officer of Region II)
o Dallas Backlog Elimination Center Director: John Barlett (Former Certifying Officer of Region IV)
* The Certifying Officer of each National Processing Center has yet to be announced. The current Certifying Officers in the Regions who are left out of the appointment are: Region I, Region III, Region IV, and Region VI. It is interesting to see who will survive in the final line-up.
* As we reported quite earlier, the Backlog Elimination Centers are manned by private contract in Maryland, named EXCEED Corporation.

nj_singh said:
Hi Guys,
Just curious to know the process being followed in Backlog Elimination Centers.
Will they be just one step processing . I mean no more state/regional. For example, if someone's case is opened, it will be either approved or RFE sent or rejected or sent to the second queue for non-RIR processing.
Does anyone know the details yet ? Or as usual the DOL will make/change rules in the middle of GAME.

Remains to be seen. I am anticipating it is going to be one step process. Doesnt make sense that they will send it back to non-RIR queue. Since they have only two years to clear 300, 000 cases. If you do the math thye will be have clear 300 cases per day in each center. Per Justwatching info (who has given realibly good information and analysis so far) they are going to have 100 officers per BEC. If this true, they might be able to able to process 300 cases per day.
Also the way preparation has been made, it seems likely that PERM will happen in near future. PERM is likely have a bipartisan support.

Implications for all of us. My analysis (disclaimer: this is pure speculation. I have no insider information. PLease dont get through a emotional roller coaster based on what I have written, because I may be completely wrong).

NYSESA must have stopped opening any more cases. SO all those cases that have been opened so far, they will get certified by the regional staff by Dec 2001. Regional staff will have to clear all the backlog before dec 31, 2001. After Jan1, regional staff is being moved to National processing center for the impending PERM program.

So for New Yorkers, this is overall good news.
I dont know how many backlogged cases are there in Indiana, DC and Arkansas. ANd I still think they will finish Philly and Dallas cases before starting the backlogged cases from rest of the cases. SO fantastic news for all those who have apllied from these two places.
Lets do spme speculative math. Indy and Arkasansas will probaly go to Dallas. DC and NY will go to Philly. 300 cases a day. 20 working days a month. That means 6000 cases in one month. WHich is about the number NY and DC should be having from Oct to DEc 2001. So should all the Oct to Dec 2001 filers expect to get thier LC by dec 2001. Time will tell.

Jan / Feb PD Dates

Hey Guys,

I was wondering - is it a true statement to say that people who have a PD of Jan / Feb 2002 in NY are going to get screwed ?

Reason why I say this is because they will most likely get sent to the Backlog centers which will put them behind the other states who are lagging also, which means NY people from Jan/Feb 2002 will have to wait longer than if they were processed by the regional centers ??

Hey Justwatching / Kohls / Ahlem / Subari any thoughts ? or do you think otherwise ?

Suhel said:
Hey Guys,

I was wondering - is it a true statement to say that people who have a PD of Jan / Feb 2002 in NY are going to get screwed ?

Reason why I say this is because they will most likely get sent to the Backlog centers which will put them behind the other states who are lagging also, which means NY people from Jan/Feb 2002 will have to wait longer than if they were processed by the regional centers ??

Hey Justwatching / Kohls / Ahlem / Subari any thoughts ? or do you think otherwise ?

In my opinion you are much better off with the new changes. Under old system, you would get your LC six to eight months from now (if not a year). Look at my above post and do the math. The two centers have to process 12,500 cases a month. That means you should get your LC in next two to three months if not earlier. The people who are really adversely affected are those in the states where LC was fairly current, where it used to be done in couple of months. Those applicants will have to wait for two years. Unfortunately they will have to undergo the same labor pains that we new yorkers have gone through for last three years.

happygcbasten said:
Good analysis guys.

For my situation, my PD is Aug 2004. I wonder if it is possible for me to submit another application on Jan 2005 without withdrawing the old case to have a try? Is there any regulation about this?

Thanks,

If I were you, I would wait and see what happens to PERM. I doubt DOL is going to allow two applications at the same time. PERM looks very enticing but it has its own problems. Many will feel comfortable sticking with the old system rather than trying out the untested PERM.

gcby2020 said:
In my opinion you are much better off with the new changes. Under old system, you would get your LC six to eight months from now (if not a year). Look at my above post and do the math. The two centers have to process 12,500 cases a month. That means you should get your LC in next two to three months if not earlier. The people who are really adversely affected are those in the states where LC was fairly current, where it used to be done in couple of months. Those applicants will have to wait for two years. Unfortunately they will have to undergo the same labor pains that we new yorkers have gone through for last three years.

Thanks for your analysis gcby2020 .... I hope your calculations and theory are true .... certainly will make me much happier !

How many people will it take to process/clear 12,500 cases a month ? wow !

no news yet

I called DOL guys on Friday. My case is not in the system yet. (PD Oct25). But that guy said that there are a no of cases that are not in system yet.

Backlog

Procedures for the backlog reduction centers said that they will send a etter to the attorney when they receive the application/get it transferred from SWA. SO hopefully people whose PD is in Oct/NOV shold get these letters sent to their attorneys soon.

This will tell us whether DOL is staying with their Oct timeframes.

Quote on Immigration

10/25/2004: Pessimistic View on Future of Immigration in U.S.: A "Quote"

This website has never posted an opinion which was expressed by people in another websites. However, the Reporter has decided to break the tradition to quote an opinion, not because this Reporter agrees to the conclusion of the writer but because of the description of the events that are and will be unfolding in this country with respect to the immigration. The view is "well put" and deserves this website visitor's valuable time and "quoted" as follows:
Quote: "My suggestions to aspiring immigrants:
a. no president will be kind enough to let you be in American with ease.
b. Pro-immigration is most unpopular public policy and that's why Bush played the trick: he gave a speech about kind of pro-immigration policy at off season without any policy proposal in the Congress. He did it to fool Mexican President Fox as if he has plan to do something for immigrants. But at election time, he hardly made any statement about it.
c. Kerry has talked nothing about it either except in one question answer session.
d. Kerry sounds a bit more pro immigrants than Bush but don't be fooled. Even the most compassionate sounding and broad-minded Clinton brought the harshest immigration policy in 1996 although Republicans were the champions of this policy in particular.
e. Aspiring immigrants are not voters and those who are voters do not like to hear about pro-immigration statements. So, it is understandable. Most of the naturalized ones are the most anti-immigrants.
f. Economists know that the future of this country holds on immigrants a lot. But politics is different thing. Canadians exploited the Chinese but did not let them earn legalization at earlier time. When the country faced serious population shortage and skilled worker shortage because of low fertility and huge immigration to the US of its White population, it now accepts all skilled workers of India and China in particular.
g. America for some reason has not faced it so and majority of America will not entertain immigrants until China dominates the world economy and America fails in its competition with the European Union, China and India mainly because of its rising obesity and aging and problems like social security, health care and high wage.
h. So, for coming 20 to 30 years, US immigration policy will be no better than today's. It may go worse.
i. I know America has hard days ahead because of :
. Moslem fanatics of the world
. obesity which cause too much allocation of resource to health care and loss of productivity
. severe inequality in income distribution which will cause more street crimes, unsafe neighborhood, possible political unrest if the rise in inequality persists and if the poorer find it harder and harder to live.
. huge failure to bring the Black and Hispanic population to the mainstream of educational, economic and political system
. too much technological dependence (e.g. internet which is prone to attack from anywhere of the world)
. identity theft
. loss of privacy
. too much crackdown on people’s rights in the name of terrorism control
j. So, I think it's better for today's generation of aspiring immigrants not to be desperate to settle for the longer term in this country. When you retire, who will care you? The system is made so difficult to survive: rising health care costs, loss of social security and medicare, higher cost of living, almost no public support, rising identity theft, skyrocketing tuition fee of your children to pay the royals of the college system will make life difficult in America too.
k. Aspiring immigrants, I know your home country is no better. But one thing is better there and that is you will not face the uncertainty of visa status. Also you will not be too worried about greencard. You will not need to wait for many years for Greencard. Nobody will intermediate you of deportation. You will not need to worry too much about being caught by the INS officer or police. Your quality of life may be higher because of this in real terms if not in monetary terms.
So, let us make plan to leave this country in a reasonable period of time. If we plan well to live a simple and humble life, life may not be too hard at our motherlands too!! Let us not blame American people either. American people are the hardest hit by the ongoing trends of this country. Their anti-immigrant sentiment is the reflection of their fear of future hardships." Unquote

source:www.immigration-law.com

srikums said:
Procedures for the backlog reduction centers said that they will send a etter to the attorney when they receive the application/get it transferred from SWA. SO hopefully people whose PD is in Oct/NOV shold get these letters sent to their attorneys soon.

This will tell us whether DOL is staying with their Oct timeframes.

Do you think that NY SESA will keep the OCT / NOV cases and start to transfer the DEC cases because they would need to keep some cases to process until the end of the year ? :confused:

Comments on latest posts

- Yes, it is a ONE step process. Case will be fully processed at the BEC without being sent elsewhere.

- Will January 2002/February 2002 cases get screwed? Probably not. Did a little more research and Indiana (1 person only processing both RIR and non_RIR cases) and DC, Arkansas seem to have very low volume so they will probably fly through cases in those states and reach NY October 2001 in 6 months or less - which is what it would take today to get through the entire process.

- The open question is whether they will really stick to processing by PD or not. This will determine if we need to wait for Philly and Dallas Regions (although the memo makes no mention of either region) or San Francisco region to be processed. I would LIKE to guess that this will not be the case.

-gcby2020 - My thoughts on your analysis are the following:

-- Oldest months have less cases than more recent months e.g. All states have September 2004 cases pending vs. just a few states have April 2001 cases pending. i.e. faster processing of older states.

-- The BECs are split into teams - one team data enters, one team does RIR, one team does non-RIR and one team works cases with complex issues. I would assume that cases wil be entered in the first few months (e.g. maybe between now and March 2005 - hence the transition schedule). After that there would no longer be a need for the data entry team. Also there is a learning curve for staff. So I would venture to say that the first 6 months will yield significant less volume than the latter months.

-- We also don't know what the distribution of staff is within each of those teams. e.g. they could overstaff the non-RIR to catch them up or not. They could overstaff data entry then transfer them to the processing teams - this should not be as much of an impact because I would assume they would balance data entry with processing speeds as much as possible.

Suhel said:
Do you think that NY SESA will keep the OCT / NOV cases and start to transfer the DEC cases because they would need to keep some cases to process until the end of the year ? :confused:

There are 45 business days left in 2004.

- They need to pack 3 years worth of cases
- They need to finish any pending cases (NOFs)
- They need to finish any non-RIR cases (recruiting supervision, etc.)

I doubt they are keeping anything extra...

NY DOL Tracking

Hi All

How can I find out my case id # for LCA RIR filed with NY DOL? Is there a way to check status of the application online or by phone?

THanks a lot

Guys,

Good news.
My RIR was filed with NY SESA on October 12, 2001.
My lawyer called me today saying that it has been approved.
We can move on to the I-140 and I-485 stage.

mike1000

mike1000 said:
Guys,

Good news.
My RIR was filed with NY SESA on October 12, 2001.
My lawyer called me today saying that it has been approved.
We can move on to the I-140 and I-485 stage.

mike1000

Congratulations.
Do you know when your case was transferred from NY SWA to Regional

Status
Not open for further replies.