New York SESA Tracker

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello sm11299

I think you should check with attorney to find out in which category your labor application was filed. There are 2 categories i.e. RIR or NON-RIR

FYI,
NY SESA is processing RIR applications received in Sep '2001 and NON-RIR applications received in April 2001

sm11299 said:
Hello everybody,

My LC application (priority date: May 7 2001) is still pending with SESA/SWA.
My company attorney did not receive any update till now. I cannot find the status because my company does not give the case id's to employees.

Since NY SESA is already processing Sep. 2001 I am concerned about my LC application. My company attorney said that they have sent a request asking for an update. Is there any thing more they can do like sending an expedite request ? I tried calling the SWA but they do not pick up the phone.

Please help.

Thanks,
sm11299

lamba intjaar said:
Can someone help me out there?
Thanks.

"My LC was filed in Dec 2003 and my company lawyer just gave me a copy of all the papers he sent.I know it is too early to ask about the status of the application but can I ?????"

Right now NYSESA is processing SEPT 2001 applications ....so it IS TOO EARLY TO ASK ABOUT STATUS .......

"Is there any way I can find out whether my application was received?
Moreover what is the difference in Filed date and Priority date?"

There is only way to know wheather they received your application is FEDEX receipt... if you are applying for 7th Year extension then lawyer can ask NYSESA receipt of application.....

Filed date is the date you filed at NY SESA..
Priority date .. state allocate a date to your case .. useful when applying 140 and 485 in future .. now Priority date does not matter as VISA numbers for all categories are all current ...
From Murthy

http://www.murthy.com/news/UDpdhdtw.html

"A priority date, in an employment-based (EB) case requiring Labor Certification (LC), is the officially acknowledged date that the case was filed at the state level Department of Labor office, referred to as the SESA. If the EB case was filed in a category that does not require labor certification, then the priority date assigned by the INS is the date the I-140 (Immigrant Visa Petition) is received by the INS Service Center."

Last edited by a moderator:
Hello Lamba Intjaar

There is no way to find out if your application was received by NY SESA.
NY SESA does not give case id untill its approved and move to NY Regional.

You should wait untill your case is approved.
FYI, NY SESA is processing cases received in Sep 2001

lamba intjaar said:
Can someone help me out there?
Thanks.

Thank You Grettings

GOD_BLESS_YOU

decide a date and let us know we will join you in this effort, even if nothing happens atleast will have the satisfaction of making our point accross to them.

mike_inus said:
Hello sm11299

I think you should check with attorney to find out in which category your labor application was filed. There are 2 categories i.e. RIR or NON-RIR

FYI,
NY SESA is processing RIR applications received in Sep '2001 and NON-RIR applications received in April 2001

mike_inus,

Mine is filed under RIR. My company attorney says she has many RIR cases with PD form May thru Sep.

Thanks,
sm11299

sm11299 said:
mike_inus,

Mine is filed under RIR. My company attorney says she has many RIR cases with PD form May thru Sep.

Thanks,
sm11299

mike_inus,

My PD is May 7, 2001 EB2/RIR.

How do you find ?

Guys, I called 212-337-2193 and got couple of case#s using my employer's#. How do i know which one is mine ?
ThX

You have to call NY Regional DOL office to findout your case number.

NY Regional Contact No. (212) 337 2184
Working Days : Mon/Wed/Fri
Working Hours : 9.00 AM to 12.00 PM

You have to provide your First Name, Last Name, Employer and employer contact no.

gandrakota said:
Guys, I called 212-337-2193 and got couple of case#s using my employer's#. How do i know which one is mine ?
ThX

Hi Sk_srini,

NY Regional is processing application received in 1st week of May 2004
sk_srini said:
Hi all any news from NY Reginal office can some one tell me which day they are processing now

thanks
sk_srini

AUG 25th

GC_enroute said:
GOD_BLESS_YOU

decide a date and let us know we will join you in this effort, even if nothing happens atleast will have the satisfaction of making our point accross to them.

We WILL POST GREETING CARDS ON AUG 25th.. SO THAT THEY WILL REACH
BEFORE HOLIDAY WEEKEND

Last edited by a moderator:
GOD_BLESS_YOU said:
"My LC was filed in Dec 2003 and my company lawyer just gave me a copy of all the papers he sent.I know it is too early to ask about the status of the application but can I ?????"

Right now NYSESA is processing SEPT 2001 applications ....so it IS TOO EARLY TO ASK ABOUT STATUS .......

"Is there any way I can find out whether my application was received?
Moreover what is the difference in Filed date and Priority date?"

There is only way to know wheather they received your application is FEDEX receipt... if you are applying for 7th Year extension then lawyer can ask NYSESA receipt of application.....

Filed date is the date you filed at NY SESA..
Priority date .. state allocate a date to your case .. useful when applying 140 and 485 in future .. now Priority date does not matter as VISA numbers for all categories are all current ...
From Murthy

http://www.murthy.com/news/UDpdhdtw.html

"A priority date, in an employment-based (EB) case requiring Labor Certification (LC), is the officially acknowledged date that the case was filed at the state level Department of Labor office, referred to as the SESA. If the EB case was filed in a category that does not require labor certification, then the priority date assigned by the INS is the date the I-140 (Immigrant Visa Petition) is received by the INS Service Center."

Thanks God Bless You !!
I have just one more year left before reaching 6 years limit for my H1 and my company is not willing to file the extension for the 7th year.So knowing, NY SESA is processing Sep 2001, I don't see any hope of getting labor approved before my H1 expires.
I am trying to look for an option where some other company can file my labor but I am not sure whether I will have to join that company in future when labor is approved??
Please help.
Thanks.

Mike,
Could you please provide some information regarding following Query from NY DOL

nivasch said:
How much chances are there to get approved after getting NOF for prevailing wages from DOL,
Once the company is fulfilling those requests, I talk to my employer they are doing those necessary arrangements..
Please give input.,...

Yes - they processed 3 cases before and 3 cases after mine - for some reason they skipped my case...

Any ideas why they do that? I am RIR....

mike_inus said:
Hi Sk_srini,

NY Regional is processing application received in 1st week of May 2004

This is my assumptions,

I think cases are divided based on dot codes.
There are different officers for different dot codes .
Also I think it depends on officers who got your case.
Could you check your case-dot code with the cases which are approved.

jjsxbr said:
Yes - they processed 3 cases before and 3 cases after mine - for some reason they skipped my case...

Any ideas why they do that? I am RIR....

Hi guys,

did you monitor any recent activities on the SEAS or DOL level for NY ?

Please keep us updated ....

certified.

Hi Guys,
today i called up ny dol and heard that my case is certified.
Please update the traker.
aug 30, 2001 RIR dot - 010.062-010 recvd reg office may 4,04.
certified aug 20, 04. Software engineer EB2 category.

Seems like Regional is definitely working faster..since now the response are on case # 025069XX and i am guessing then might have moved to 025070XX too!

Good luck to all and thanks to all who shared their pain/research analysis/happiness
Keep it up and going..

Congratulations.....

Thanks for updating :)

2001aug said:
Hi Guys,
today i called up ny dol and heard that my case is certified.
Please update the traker.
aug 30, 2001 RIR dot - 010.062-010 recvd reg office may 4,04.
certified aug 20, 04. Software engineer EB2 category.

Seems like Regional is definitely working faster..since now the response are on case # 025069XX and i am guessing then might have moved to 025070XX too!

Good luck to all and thanks to all who shared their pain/research analysis/happiness
Keep it up and going..

Status
Not open for further replies.