New York SESA Tracker

Status
Not open for further replies.
JustWatching said:
Well guys,

The good news was that September saw primarily NY and NJ 45-day letters coming out the Philly Backlog Center.

The bad news, some of the oldest cases still haven't received them.

The ugly news, is that soon we will begin "celebrating" 4 year anniversaries of waiting for our LCs to get approved.

May October bring some light to the 2001 cases. Good luck everyone.

sure, but even if we all get our LCs approved, what difference will it make, considering the extended retrogression.

SharmaBabu said:
sure, but even if we all get our LCs approved, what difference will it make, considering the extended retrogression.

Thats fine. Atleast you'll cross this stupid labor hardle right???

Few Questions

Hey guys,

I have no update on my case yet, but I have quick few questions since tomorrow is October 1st:

- Does the I-140 processing follow the same PD of the labor certification, or not.
- Since we can not file I-140 and I-485 concurrently, does ACT 21 apply to us?
- If yes does the 6 months period start from the day of applying I-140 or I485?

Have good weekend.

ahalem said:
Hey guys,

I have no update on my case yet, but I have quick few questions since tomorrow is October 1st:

- Does the I-140 processing follow the same PD of the labor certification, or not.
- Since we can not file I-140 and I-485 concurrently, does ACT 21 apply to us?
- If yes does the 6 months period start from the day of applying I-140 or I485?

Have good weekend.

I-140 is processed in order of RD (Receipt Date)- in theory anyway, USCIS also has somewhat inconsistent processing although not as bad as DOL.

Ability to switch jobs is based on I-485 pending for 6 months.

SharmaBabu said:

What's the use of visas being Current, if you don't have your LC approved?

One step a time...

tricky

Just watching
two important question:
1- I 485 pending less than 6 months and you have been laid off? not resigned . Dangerous??
2- Can we -file- I 485 when we get the lc approved before our priotiry date become current? or we have to wait for -filing- the current priority date.

JustWatching said:
I-140 is processed in order of RD (Receipt Date)- in theory anyway, USCIS also has somewhat inconsistent processing although not as bad as DOL.

Ability to switch jobs is based on I-485 pending for 6 months.

Can I add to question 1:

- in case I-140 approval.
- in case I-140 pending.

For question 2: the answer is no , i wish it was yes.

VOYAGER_99 said:
Just watching
two important question:
1- I 485 pending less than 6 months and you have been laid off? not resigned . Dangerous??
2- Can we -file- I 485 when we get the lc approved before our priotiry date become current? or we have to wait for -filing- the current priority date.

ahalem said:
Can I add to question 1:

- in case I-140 approval.
- in case I-140 pending.

For question 2: the answer is no , i wish it was yes.

If you have filed I-140 and I-485 and you have been waiting for 6 months or longer you can use AC21. Before it used to be that I-140 had to be approved. Recently clarification was published where in some instance of I-140 being "approvable" - whatever that means you could still use AC21 even if I-I40 was still pending.

Your PD needs to be "current" (ie either category needs to be "C" or retrogression date needs to be more recent that your PD) to be able to file for I-485.

So if you were able to file and then visa numbers retrogress you get the benefit of EADs and AC21. If PDs were retrogressed before you filed I-485 then you need to wait your PD to become current to be able to apply and to take advantage of AC21 and EAD.

Yes, being laid off before 6 months of pending I-485 is not a good thing. This is a much more complicated topic though, ie there are things you can still do if you ever end up in this situation.

Labour Approved from BEC

Guys (and Gals)
My labour was approved from BEC- Philadelphia
Lawyers informed me of this earlier this week. They had received the 45-day letter 'a few weeks ago'; and responded promptly.
The approval date is September 06, 2005- the priority date was April 02, 2002.
This forum has been a great source of information and bonding; I have been an avid follower and wish everyone luck.

Last edited by a moderator:
Congrats Amrit.

Was it filed from NY or NJ ?

amrit99 said:
Guys (and Gals)
Lawyers informed me of this earlier this week. They had received the 45-day letter 'a few weeks ago'; and responded promptly.
This forum has been a great source of information and bonding; I have been an avid follower and wish everyone luck.

amrit99 said:
Guys (and Gals)

Few questions:

1 - RIR or Traditional or Special Handling
2 - NY or NJ
3 - Can you share first few digits of your case no.
4 - Do you know if your employer go other approvals?

Thanks

JustWatching said:
Few questions:

1 - RIR or Traditional or Special Handling
2 - NY or NJ
3 - Can you share first few digits of your case no.
4 - Do you know if your employer go other approvals?

Thanks
================
1. RIR
2. NY
3. ETA Case Number P-051**-9****
(not sure- let me know the significance of the case number. I had read that the digits after the letter denote the yymdd of the case data entry, but I have seen numbers like 04112....
4. A friend with the same employer is still waiting for approval- date was November 2001.

amrit99 said:
================
1. RIR
2. NY
3. ETA Case Number P-051**-9****
(not sure- let me know the significance of the case number. I had read that the digits after the letter denote the yymdd of the case data entry, but I have seen numbers like 04112....
4. A friend with the same employer is still waiting for approval- date was November 2001.

Congratulations!! Was it EB2 or EB3 ?
Mine is EB3 from NY. PD Jan31-2002.

Question for Amrit99

Congratulations Amrit99
One more question- approximately when did you receive your 45 day letter.
This will help us better estimate how much time does it take for approval once 45 day letter is receved.
Thanks.

Current 'Assessment'

All,

I've been reading (and occasionally participating) in this forum for about a year now. I have to say, with regret, that today, a year later, I feel a lot less optimistic about the whole process. I think I can even say that the main reason for that is lack of credible, valid information.

For NY-ers all information ‘from the inside’ of PBEC and most if not all predictions of the members of this forum (which I’m sincerely thanking for trying to use logic in order to provide all of us with information and hope) have proven (more or less) wrong.

I also occasionally read the PBEC forum (as some of you, I’ve noticed), but I think it’s turning out to be more misleading, confusing and, let’s be frank, deceiving, than anything else. 45-day letters and approvals are all over the board. Approval-per-state of filing as well. Discussions on the tangent of labor certification process are frequent. (Mis)Information from the DBEC and their alleged approvals (they are in the middle of 2003 with approvals, supposedly) don’t make us feel better either.

I’m in the position not to believe anything anyone posts anymore. On numerous occasions I have tried to ‘ignore’ the threads for a while thinking that things would resolve by themselves, but could not keep away, not wanting to miss any ‘important’ posts.

It seems like NY is forgotten completely. This country, known for ages for its workforce and its efficiency has become more burocratic than our home countries (most of them anyway).

And there isn’t a thing we can do about it.

p.s. my PD is November 27th (I think), NY, 2001
Oh, yeah and NO 45-day letter yet

Last edited by a moderator:
AD-NY02 said:
Congratulations Amrit99
One more question- approximately when did you receive your 45 day letter.
This will help us better estimate how much time does it take for approval once 45 day letter is receved.
Thanks.
======================
Priority date April, 2002.
RIR/EB2/NY
45-day letter received sometime in August (I was not made aware till the actual approval came through last week)
Labor Approval date September 06, 2005
Labor Approval notification received last week of September.
Not very logical, but in my case, there was less that a months difference between 45-day letter and actual approval. Nothing makes sense anymore.

Share the 2 stars with us please

Can you please share the first 2 stars number in Case Number P-051**-9**** ? It will really help to know how long it will take for the rest of us..

Status
Not open for further replies.