New York SESA Tracker

Status
Not open for further replies.
Slow and steady

Day by Day, we inch closerto that cloud which is Permanent Resident Status...........naaa........Labor Processed Status

April 27

This is a good news as SWA still says april 25 on their may update.

Do we have any idea how long april 27th will take?

Originally posted by araina77
Guys,

I just called the labor department. They said they are processing April 27th 2001.

It seems that 4/25 and 4/26 took them about 2 months, so basically the rate is a month for a day. But I think the last couple of days should have a lot more volume. It seems that I should give up on making a wild guess on how long it's going to take for the remainder of April 2001.

My intelligent guesstimate

If Iwill have to guess and I have been doing this for a year and a half (and have been wrong all the time);

Apr26 tookwhat a month and a half

So Apr 27 should take 3 months and Apr 30 should take 5 months....(assuming that there will be significantly more no. of appl on Apr 27 and 30)........ So we are talking about another 8 months for April..........

Anybody like this forecast???

And the irony is that all these applications hogging the time and energy of government and causing immense hardships to tax-paying, law-abiding people, are filed by 'illegal' people !

I think the department should do what they did last month, pick up at least afew post-4/11 applications and process them. So, that I can pray to my God that my application be one of them. This is what I consider 'hope' !

I would rather go with my lawyers guess

I would definitely consider my lawyer's guess than my guess - he says May 2001 apps will be picked up from the rack on Nov 2003

Wanna bet?? :rolleyes:

another thought, are those 245(i) cases actually got approved of labor under current economic situation? If so, there are going to be long line in the 140 queue too. It's already taken more than a year now.

DOL

Before the 140 ,there is likely to be a long queue in the NY DOL too.....Now it is current but i wont be surprised if they statrt slipping when they get truckloads of applications from NY SESA

Looks like we have to get ready to get screwed all the way....

Originally posted by loveusa03
Any news on PERM?

heard from a friend today, maybe just rumors:
1. PERM will delay to Jan 2004;
2. RIR cases cannot convert to PERM (people are complaining, DOL may change);

I-140

I don't think you are getting screwed any more than we are today.

There will not be a truckload of labor certs going to INS (or whatever it's called these days)

NY SESA will continue to move labor certs at the same pace to INS and INS keeps moving them out at the same (+ - EB category) rate.

The only way we would get screwed would be if NY SESA approves an unusually high number of labor certs, then we would be happy with our labor certs and waiting in line at INS instead of DOL.

Re: I-140

Originally posted by JustWatching
I don't think you are getting screwed any more than we are today.

There will not be a truckload of labor certs going to INS (or whatever it's called these days)

NY SESA will continue to move labor certs at the same pace to INS and INS keeps moving them out at the same (+ - EB category) rate.

The only way we would get screwed would be if NY SESA approves an unusually high number of labor certs, then we would be happy with our labor certs and waiting in line at INS instead of DOL.

I think this is partly true. however, there are a lot of people swithing to other approaches that do not require a labor certificate. That's a reason that the EB1 I-140s are also slow. And it seems that INS stopped processing I140 for a while in the previous couple of months. Whether we will get further delayed in I140 depends on the relative speed INS processes them with regard to the NY LC speed.

It seems that the classes in this country is American Citizen >> Illegal Immigrants >> legal foreigners who want to immigrate. And they are making this also the ladder people move ahead in their lives by forcing legal, law-biding foreigners into illegal immigrants.

I'm wondering what we can do since we don't have the right to vote. And as soon as people finally got the right to vote. It's not for their interest to vote for us (or the kind of people once they were). But in this country, everything is about interest. Maybe the people making money in immigration cases should do something, it's for their interest too and they are more powerful than us. The only power we have is money, and probably also not much either, otherwise we won't stuck here.

We need a kind of lobbists...

It's much simpler than that: Government employees are receiving their salaries from tax payers (us?) and doing a crappy job. They are just not accountable.

This "twilight zone" like situation is just ridiculous...

How come they never know how long is gonna take them to clean 04/2001 queue up? They don't have the number of folks lined up or they do not know how many employees they have?

How come they take years to do something that was expected initially to take months at most?

The strongest institution in US is its legal system. And this system is very sensitive to plain and straight facts....

We should get a couple of good attorneys and bring the facts to court. Let's see how far it goes. Any remarks from any attorney in this thread?

And finally: This is not a "foreigner's" issue. This situation hurts not only foreigners, but also US-born kids and family members of these foreigners. The fact that these foreigners choose US to live is the admiration for its values and way of life. The situation imposed by these gov agencies goes against some of these core values, specifically human fairness and equal opportunity.

Do we have a case here or not?

The LC processing is delayed out of proportion. I once heard that they received in April 2001 the amount of cases they would normaly receive in a year. But even if so, they've already been on April 2001 for 16-17 months, how come it's going to take them another 0.5 to 1 year?

This IS totally unfair. Unfortunately, in this country fairness is only for American citizens and greencard holders. Fairness is only given to other people at their mercy when it's deemed good for US interest. I'm not sure that we have a case here, the law is not made out for other people's protection than Americans. However, I think we should at least voice our opinions. We shouldn't suffer without a complain. We pay the same tax as Americans. We even pay social security. Are they going to return to us the social security we paid if we are forced to leave? I never heard of that! then why aren't they at least making a good faith effort to try to evaluate our LC/GC applications? All these can't help but lead people to think a lot of so-called values they claim are just BOGUS.

hi everyone, my attorney told us a few days ago that the processing dates moved to april 27th, & april 26ths went pretty fast, , may be a few weeks, so i really think its moving & quicker than any ones giving it credit for, & i know my attorneys pretty accurate, so keep the faith.::cool:

thanks fathi1718,

add to that, they already processing the lotto cases from May and June , so we should have big jump once April is done

I am just surprised that in this process there is absolutely no accountability.

Here are simple q's that any functioning department should be able to answer.

1) how many applications did you receive in a given month?
2) how many applications do you resolve on average per month?

rest is simple math ..... we can not even get these q's answered :((((((((((((((((((((((

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.