New York SESA Tracker

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is it safe to say that the news of May processing is Premature ?? I note that most of the applicants with PD in April are still awaiting the DOL NY response and that NY DOL still announces April processing in the voice message. How can we assume that it has started to process May Applications. Could it be that the only few May cases that have been processed were the ones that were near the 6 years limit and hence processed with priority (i.e. exceptional cases).

Update

Here is the scoop. NY SWA has started working on professional RIR cses for May 01. Non-prof. meaning skilled and unskilled cases for april' 01 are still being processed. However, given that DOL's e-mail and phone notifications are not up to date, it may take a while before we start seeing cases being approved.

Meanwhile NJ still has a backlog of over 22k cases (How many of those are from April' 01? - I dont know, but would be safe to assume not too many - because if even a 1000 cases are filed every month since 04/01 - thats close to 22k).

keep the spirits up guys.

thanks !

Jrinny

Thanks for the good words. My application is being proceesed by DOL Nj and it seems they are slower then DOL NY for processing April Cases. If you have any further information on when is NJ DOL expected to start May 01 RIR processing for professional category - i will appreciate if you let us know.. !!

jrinny

Thanks for the analysis guys!

jrinny: could you tell me where you got the data of 22,000 applications? That sounds like an awfully big number for alien labors even in state of NJ..

Question

Any more May 2001 approvals ????

Please reply.

Jirney,
Who is the source of your information about the start of May 2001 applications.

My attorney told me that NY DOL is going to work whole 2003 year for April 2001 cases only.

Meanwhile I've read on Internrt that part (it seems around 600) of NY cases will be sent to another DOL (MD?) for PERM LC testing. Approved May 2001 cases are probably related to this testing.

I don't believe NY SESA will finish 245(i) backlog soon - their human resources are limited. Only one hope is the PERM process. If it will be implemented July 2003, everybody in this lottery lane will get an answer this year.

Reading immigration forums I noticed: more and more RIR cases got NOF and this policy becomes stronger and stronger.

In the hope of better times,
Nikolas

update

The phone message has been updated on NY SWA. They indicate going through April 2001 for the full year - however, with the provisio that they are trying with the US DOL to speed up the process. Does this tie in with them trying to seperate out professional and non-professional cases? I believe so.

To a different question - Professional cases are those where the job requires a US baccalaurate degree or higher. Remember its the jobs requirement and not the person's degree that decides this. I am not sure if this would tie in with EB2/EB3 categorization later at the INS, although I would think not, as even EB3's could require a BS/Btech. etc.

those are my 2 cents - and the only way to check this out is to either wait till our cases are approved, or we ask our attorneys to verify that from NY SWA.

keep smiling! - its the 2nd best thing u can do with your lips.

Phone number

I think jrinny is referring to 212-621-9330, the NYDOL Alien Labor Certification Information Line

I think their message has NOT been updated since last year....
if takes that long.....lot of people will be in a jeopardous situation soon... hope DOL comes up with an alternative process to resolve this issue.....

NY DOL Phone status has been updated

Guys Jirnny is Right,

The NY DOL Phone status has been updated.

They Clearly and Boldly Say that the April 2001 processing will continue till the end of this year (2003).

However on the positive note they say that they are working with US DOL to "Clear the pending applications" . This may result in some cases moving faster than others.

The above may be the reason why we saw some freak May 2001 approvals on this forum.

The frustating part is that they do not provide any details about the criteria they are using to select and approve the LUCKY May 2001 LCs.

Can any Lawyer Please shed some light on what type of help will NY DOL be getting from US DOL to decrease the back log.

Re: NY DOL Phone status has been updated

Originally posted by hemantkd
Can any Lawyer Please shed some light on what type of help will NY DOL be getting from US DOL to decrease the back log.

I am not a lawer but I would try to estimate the NY DOL processing time.

I think NY DOL is going to ask from US DOL only one help - money. I do not beleive money save the day.

It is expected the backlog will be cleared during this year plus a few months from 2004.

For example the applications with priority date January 2002 may be processed on the end 2004 or beginning 2005.

This is probably a reason why the 7-years H1B extention law "was born".

THERE IS NO ANY HOPE TO EXPEDITE THE NY LABOR CERTIFICATION PROCESS.

How do we prove that labor was filed 365 before

As far as I know, NY SESA does not give a receipt for a Labor Certification request filed at their offices. For a 7th Year H1B extension, how do we prove that an LC was filed more than 365 days before the end of 6th Year H1B?

Any help will be much appreciated.

Hi guys,
I happened to call the NY Permanent Labor Office, and actually got to talk to a woman. When I asked that I wanted to find the status of my case, she said only a lawyer can....(I knew that bit thought maybe..??)

Then I asked her which cases were they currently processing, so she asked me when did I file mine and when I said Feb'02, she said that they are currently processing May'01.

I SPECIFICALLY ASKED HER IF THEY WERE DONE WITH THE APRIL'01 CASES AND SHE SAID YES FOR THE "PROFESSIONAL" category, which as I understand is the one in which IT professionals fall...

I tried to ask her as to when would they be reaching Feb'02, she said that she could not say for sure..but they are moving...and she also said that the automated message on 212-621-9330 has "NOT" been updated so check back in a week or two...

SO, I guess we can hope that the April'01 backlog is OVER for now...

Good Luck..

Great!!

So now we have confirmation of the news reported earlier by me. I am still not holding my breath, but I do see the light at the end of the tunnel - I just hope its not a locomotive :) kidding.

good luck to us all - I think we could use some of that after the loooooooooooooooong wait.

ciao

Thanks Rmandal for the update!

That is good news for Valentine's day.

Jrinny: You will be next in line for approval.

Keep our fingers acrossed.

Meg:)

Good News

I have been trying to drill my lawyer about this also..and she has maintained her position that according to her sources NY is porcessing May'01. Few postings here gave all of us very disappointing updates but i'm keeping my fingures crossed

Ramandal,

You just made my day...I have tried to speak to the DOL and it was very frustrating as I wasn't able to reach any...

Being the originator of this thread I now feel little proud of my attorney who gave me this news few weeks ago....

Yes, the light is peeping from the end of the tunnel...and we are moving ......

However, let's keep this thread alive so we know what month is being processed when... My guestimation is, it will take one month to process TWO months' applications all other things being equal...let's see.

Good luck to all of us!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.