New York SESA Tracker

Status
Not open for further replies.
As usual , thanks for the detail answer.

JustWatching said:
FIFO will be based on the PD.

So whether there is 1,2,4 queues, whichever queue you end up it will be sorted by PD.

The significance of the 45-day letter is two-fold:

1) You don't get to "stand in line" until you have responded.

2) It attempts to clean the application so when it reaches processing, it actually can be processed.

Labor Approval

Just wanted to share some good news from my end. My spouse's labor got finally approved. PD is 10/1/2001. It was an opened case ( got a query i Sep' 2004 and responded in Oct' 2004). No news of getting forwarded to Regional. No 45-day letter either. Good Luck.

Thanks.

rkj123 said:
Just wanted to share some good news from my end. My spouse's labor got finally approved. PD is 10/1/2001. It was an opened case ( got a query i Sep' 2004 and responded in Oct' 2004). No news of getting forwarded to Regional. No 45-day letter either. Good Luck.

Thanks.

Congratulations. Looks like there is some hope for Oct cases.

rkj123 - congrats! do you mean her case did not get shipped to backlog center, and got approved? and neither did it go from state to regional and got approved? where did the approval come from? Thanks!

The lawyer didn't contact SWA after responding to the query and he also didn't get any confirmation that it got forwarded to Regional. And there was no 45-day letter also. I guess they don't send any 45-day letter for opened cases. Not sure.

PERM future employee

My labor is pending in NY state. It is somewhere at the backlog cetres now.
PD: JAN 2002

I am planning on having another company apply PERM labor for me.
I will not be joining that company, I shall be continuing my job with my current employer.

If my PERM labor were to be rejected, would it affect my labor application filed by my current employer?

Appreciate inputs.

Thanks.

LaborPains said:

I will not be joining that company, I shall be continuing my job with my current employer.

If my PERM labor were to be rejected, would it affect my labor application filed by my current employer?

Appreciate inputs.

Thanks.

Theory: It should not.

Practice: No experience to back up the theory.

But honestly I doubt it would have an impact.

NY RIR Nov/Dec 01

Did anyone else get a 45 day letter for NY PD Nov/Dec 01 ? I am a Nov 01 RIR filer but have not received a 45 day letter.

I guess to apply for a perm you have to withdrawn you former lc case. if they trace you w/ the same name you r applying for the perm I guess they will withdrawn your case... Just and idea I am not sure... :p

LaborPains said:

Appreciate inputs.

Thanks.

VOYAGER_99 said:
I guess to apply for a perm you have to withdrawn you former lc case. if they trace you w/ the same name you r applying for the perm I guess they will withdrawn your case... Just and idea I am not sure... :p

That is true only when its same employer / same employee.

VOYAGER_99 said:
not employer but employee is the same ???? :confused:

Sorry, I'll clarify:

If you have an old LC where Employee A is working for Employer A:

If you submit PERM for Employee A working for Employer A then, old LC will be withdrawn by you, if not DOL will do it for you.

If you submit PERM for Employee A working for Employer B, then old LC for Employee A with Employer A can continue.

so that means to file the perm and keep my old lc i should change job and file perm w/ my new employer and keeep old employer and old lc....

sorry for the complexity but i want to know if there is a trick or not. because i guess you can not continue to work w/ your old lc employer and file PERM from another company that u r currently not working

JustWatching said:
Sorry, I'll clarify:

If you submit PERM for Employee A working for Employer A then, old LC will be withdrawn by you, if not DOL will do it for you.

If you submit PERM for Employee A working for Employer B, then old LC for Employee A with Employer A can continue.

VOYAGER_99 said:
so that means to file the perm and keep my old lc i should change job and file perm w/ my new employer and keeep old employer and old lc....

sorry for the complexity but i want to know if there is a trick or not. because i guess you can not continue to work w/ your old lc employer and file PERM from another company that u r currently not working

Your statements are correct. The new system encourages you to dump your existing employer, really smart indeed!

Soon enough it will be employer musical chairs for people waiting for LC.

"DFLC Status" Reply (Not Yet Assigned)

Hi All,

My PD was Oct/2001. Just to provide more information to everybody, I received the standard email from DFLC Status, that my new case number is not yet assigned. In Sept. 2004, my LC application had already been "opened" by SESA (i.e., my lawyer received questions from them which he replied to), before they started transferring all applications to BEC.

Even after receiving this email, because it is a form letter, I have no idea if the BEC actually HAS my application and has not assigned a new case number or if DFLC just sent me the standard email reply without checking whether BEC has my application.

By the way, it took a month for DFLC to respond to my email inquiry.

JustWatching said:
Sorry, I'll clarify:

Hi Just watching,

"If you submit PERM for Employee A working for Employer A then, old LC will be withdrawn by you, if not DOL will do it for you."

How authentic this information is?

My employer is going to file a PERM for me next week while I already had old lC with this employer. Does this mean that DOL will withdraw automatically?

My lawyer said that you can proceed with to file PERM, Is that not a good decision?

JustWatching said:
Sorry, I'll clarify:

My Case is a little different

Old LC where Employee A is working for Employer A is at Backlog Reduction Centre.

If you submit PERM for Employee A through Employer B( Employee A has not joined Employer B, still working for Employer A). PERM was filed under future employment.

Employee A continues to work for Employer A. If PERM through Employer B gets rejected, will it effect Employee A's LC at the backlog reduction centre?

Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.