New York SESA Tracker

Status
Not open for further replies.
My opinion, and it's just that, my opinion

2002june said:
Hi Everybody,
I came to know of this forum some time ago and scrolling back to a few posts I am seeing contradictory suggestions for cases like me in the forum than what I am hearing from people outside.
My Labor was filed in June 2002, RIR. I read earlier for a similar case the suggestion of the forum was to wait in queue and not file a new application under PERM.
Is it still the opinion of the forum. Please advise. It is really very painfull.

My attorneys suggested to wait until the summer to begin PERM filing. Based on the glitches with PERM I think that is wise advise.

So having said that.

Say you start in June.
Place 30-day job order / other required advertisements.
Wait 30 days.
File -> August 1 (more or less)
45-60 day approval -> October 1

In your case, I would guess you'll get approved sometime in 2006 (1st half maybe) at BEC

So PERM can save you 6-9 months of waiting.

Is that worth the risk? Are you running out of time? Need to get out from your current employer?

If you can wait, wait at least until the summer, after we see a decent number of PERM approvals. At that point decide if you want to go for it or not.

You also need to think about the importance of your PD. If you are from India/China/Phillipines, it's definitely important. If you are EB-3, it's also more important.

Lots to think about and dependent on your specific situation

zgubi said:
from www.immigration-law.com web site - Breaking news section.

04/02/2005: DOL Data of 2004 Permanent Labor Certification, H-1B, and H-2B Filings by Employers

The DOL has updated its public disclosure files and makes available the record of the following applications filed by each employer:
Permanent Labor Certification Application (2000, 2001, 2002, 2003, 2004)

Couldn't find this link :(
Can you please tell the exactly name and location?
Thanks.

I flew to ottawa......and i gave my i-94 at the airline checkin counter. same procedure as every time you leave the country.......when you enter the country again , you get a new i94

Guys relax. Noting will happen with our cases soon.

"According to the AILA, the status of current processing of backlog cases at the Dallas and Philadelphia Backlog Processing Centers is as follows:
Total number of cases received from the state offices: Over 180,000.
Total number of cases completed data-entry: Approximately 86,000. Plans to complete the data-entry for all cases by the end of summer 2005. After data entry is completed on all cases, the workers would move over to processing.
Total 45-day letters issued: Over 40,000.
Timeframe for review of cases by contractors: Contractors are currently being trained. Once data entry is completed on all cases, they would move over to processing of applications.
Processing standards: They will apply the standards of each Region rather than national uniform standards. Therefore, the variance in recruitment requirement and other standards among the previous 6 Regions will be preserved.
FIFO rule: Uniform national queue regardless of the occupations. "

It means the first approved cases will appear no early than the end of this fiscal year.

Oberton said:
Guys relax. Noting will happen with our cases soon.

"According to the AILA, the status of current processing of backlog cases at the Dallas and Philadelphia Backlog Processing Centers is as follows:
Total number of cases received from the state offices: Over 180,000.
Total number of cases completed data-entry: Approximately 86,000. Plans to complete the data-entry for all cases by the end of summer 2005. After data entry is completed on all cases, the workers would move over to processing.
Total 45-day letters issued: Over 40,000.
Timeframe for review of cases by contractors: Contractors are currently being trained. Once data entry is completed on all cases, they would move over to processing of applications.
Processing standards: They will apply the standards of each Region rather than national uniform standards. Therefore, the variance in recruitment requirement and other standards among the previous 6 Regions will be preserved.
FIFO rule: Uniform national queue regardless of the occupations. "

It means the first approved cases will appear no early than the end of this fiscal year.

Oberton,

This only means that ALL staff will move to processing once data entry has been completed. It doesn't say that some staff ISN'T already working on processing.

JustWatching said:
My attorneys suggested to wait until the summer to begin PERM filing. Based on the glitches with PERM I think that is wise advise.

So having said that.

Say you start in June.
Place 30-day job order / other required advertisements.
Wait 30 days.
File -> August 1 (more or less)
45-60 day approval -> October 1

In your case, I would guess you'll get approved sometime in 2006 (1st half maybe) at BEC

So PERM can save you 6-9 months of waiting.

Is that worth the risk? Are you running out of time? Need to get out from your current employer?

If you can wait, wait at least until the summer, after we see a decent number of PERM approvals. At that point decide if you want to go for it or not.

You also need to think about the importance of your PD. If you are from India/China/Phillipines, it's definitely important. If you are EB-3, it's also more important.

Lots to think about and dependent on your specific situation

JustWatching, correct me if I am wrong. What I read between the lines in your post is that you and your attorneys have already made up your minds to actually goto PERM, but in a little while after the initial glitches are resolved.

That has set me thinking. I am on 7th yr extension, with PD of Dec 15th (i think) 2001. Maybe I should also look at PERM seriously !

This whole process ahs become such a sad joke :mad:

H1 7th yr Extension

I have 3 months left in 6 year limit once my current H1 expires. Now my question is can I ask for 3 months and 7th year extension in single application? My employer is suggesting otherwise. He thinks we should send first application for 3 month time and once this is approves then send another one for the 7th year extension. Does anyone have thoughts in this case?

You might want to double check that with your lawyer, but the immigration can do ext. for 1 year and 3 months in one step.

ropa said:
I have 3 months left in 6 year limit once my current H1 expires. Now my question is can I ask for 3 months and 7th year extension in single application? My employer is suggesting otherwise. He thinks we should send first application for 3 month time and once this is approves then send another one for the 7th year extension. Does anyone have thoughts in this case?

H1 7th yr Extension

If you aren't qualified for one year extension (labor applied prior 365 days) you will get only 3 months other wise you will get 1year extension.

jdk98

ropa said:
If you have labor pending for 365 days or more; you can do that. That's what I did. You can ask for 3 months (remaining on H1 limit) + extra 1 year based on pending labor application.

I am happy they allow it. Otherwise its such a waste of time and money.

ropa said:

In my case I applied for the 7 months first what was the reminder of the 6 year limit.
Next I applied for the 1 year extention. It took just 20 days to get this extention.

mike0214 said:
In my case I applied for the 7 months first what was the reminder of the 6 year limit.
Next I applied for the 1 year extention. It took just 20 days to get this extention.
You mean 20 days for the 7month application. Right? How much time did it took for the 7th year extension approval?

still waiting

I applied for my 7th year in Nov and am still waiting, I think they are waiting for me to escalate it to premium so that they can get money :). anyway it varies anywhere from 2 weeks to 6 months for a regular filing.

ropa said:
You mean 20 days for the 7month application. Right? How much time did it took for the 7th year extension approval?

where is my letter ????

I am still waiting for my 45 day letter. my case is open on NY SESA. priority sept 2001. anyone with any updates ????

das_go said:
I am still waiting for my 45 day letter. my case is open on NY SESA. priority sept 2001. anyone with any updates ????

Did you check NY DOL to make sure your case didn't make it to Regional. 212 337 2193.

7th year extension

I applied for my 7th year extension on Oct8th, 2004. Got approved on March 9th,2005. After 150 days as their website site says.

We called Vermont once and answer was "We are waiting for FBI clearance"

Hope this helps others,

Thanks
EastWest

ropa said:
You mean 20 days for the 7month application. Right?

Nope!
For the 7 months it took aprox. 60 days :)

ropa said:
How much time did it took for the 7th year extension approval?

As I told you.
My lawer told me that he filed my case for 7 year extention on Feb 25, 2005. I knew the case# and checked it online time to time . Finally I got this:

"Application Type: I129, PETITION FOR A NONIMMIGRANT WORKER
Current Status:
This case has been approved. On March 17, 2005, an approval notice was mailed..."

It was not a premium processing.
Good luck!

Last edited by a moderator:
question to just watching and others

Hi All,

I know that there are all kind of discussions about the FIFO 's : Multi queues against single queue , RIR / None RIR in single or multi queues, DOL / SWA cases in single or multi queues, ext …..

But my question is that : are they going to use the new case numbers for the FIFO ? Or it will be based on the PD ? Or another number based on the date of responding to the 45 letter ?

ahalem said:
Hi All,

I know that there are all kind of discussions about the FIFO 's : Multi queues against single queue , RIR / None RIR in single or multi queues, DOL / SWA cases in single or multi queues, ext …..

But my question is that : are they going to use the new case numbers for the FIFO ? Or it will be based on the PD ? Or another number based on the date of responding to the 45 letter ?

FIFO will be based on the PD.

So whether there is 1,2,4 queues, whichever queue you end up it will be sorted by PD.

The significance of the 45-day letter is two-fold:

1) You don't get to "stand in line" until you have responded.

2) It attempts to clean the application so when it reaches processing, it actually can be processed.

Status
Not open for further replies.