New York SESA Tracker

Status
Not open for further replies.
LoveNY said:
Justwatching, could you update my filing date to 01/21/2003 ? I have received a proof of labor pending from NY SESA stating the Filed date.

also the file location says Backlog, what does it mean?

-LoveNY

Probably means that your file has been sent to the Backlog center or is pending to be transferred to the Backlog center (at least you know where your file will be !)

quickmouse said:
Spoke with someone at 212-337-2184 this morning. She told me that my case is still not found in regional office's system (blaming the lag between the time they receive the case and they actually put into their system). She also suggested me call back in two week.

I just can not believe this. It's almost two months and they said they have not put into their system. What the f**k they are doing?

Unfortunately that seems feasible.

LoveNY said:
Justwatching, could you update my filing date to 01/21/2003 ? I have received a proof of labor pending from NY SESA stating the Filed date.

also the file location says Backlog, what does it mean?

-LoveNY

That's the status all cases in NY SWA - it means nothing.

Immigration reforms?

One of the top agenda in AZ Senator John McCain's list is immigration reforms. I heard him saying this on election night. May be an other batch of 245i applications on their way soon?? I am already in 8th yr extension, don't know how many to go yet :mad:

Well, it does not matter any more for us , if we get to the FIFO system , the 245i will be processed long time after our cases

hkond said:
One of the top agenda in AZ Senator John McCain's list is immigration reforms. I heard him saying this on election night. May be an other batch of 245i applications on their way soon?? I am already in 8th yr extension, don't know how many to go yet :mad:

ahalem said:
Well, it does not matter any more for us , if we get to the FIFO system , the 245i will be processed long time after our cases

I believe these guys can do whatever they want and whenever they want it.

They can change the logic anytime.... :rolleyes:

Fifo?

NY RIR is among the slowest, still in Oct 2001, why can't they transfer the cases to BEC now?? FIFO, what FIFO? SF cases transferred to BECs were filed much later than NY RIRs, why do they get transferred first?

Some are saying that those cases are transferred, but not processed for now. This assumption is baseless. Check related threads, you will notice that the letters will be sent out to employers very soon, and this is the 1st step of processing? Why nobody pay attention to this unfairness? Where is FIFO???

Which cases do you think have been sent to the Backlog centers from NY ? and do you think they have begun to start processing these cases or are they just entering them into the computer systems ?

Who will get the letters ? the employers ? or the attorneys ?

I have not heard anything about they actually have started transferring NY cases, regardless State or Federal level. But strong evidence indicates the SF regional and Phily/Dallas regional have almost completed transferring cases.

richshi said:
NY RIR is among the slowest, still in Oct 2001, why can't they transfer the cases to BEC now?? FIFO, what FIFO? SF cases transferred to BECs were filed much later than NY RIRs, why do they get transferred first?

Some are saying that those cases are transferred, but not processed for now. This assumption is baseless. Check related threads, you will notice that the letters will be sent out to employers very soon, and this is the 1st step of processing? Why nobody pay attention to this unfairness? Where is FIFO???

May be they mean First in BEC First out from BEC. :rolleyes:

Just kidding.

gc_ny_victim

Guys,
Looks we have been cheated yet again. Unless we speak up, things are not going to work out in our favor. Let us protest the above changes. Lets appeal to the official's conscience about the unfariness of the whole transition plan. Here is the address of the chief of DOL, the architect of all this mess. I am writing one today.

William Carlson, Chief (National CO)

USDL/ETA, Office of National Programs, Division of Foreign Labor Certification, 200 Constitution Avenue, N.W. Washington, D.C. 20210

T202-693-3010

F202-693-2768

nomorewait said:
I agree with you totally. NYSWA is forsaken again in the national plan. We have to take some actions.

I am not a legal expert, and have much less clarity on the 'rights' of H1B visa holders, or for that matter anyone other than US citizens.

I feel the same way - cheated, unfairness, illogical steps etc. etc.

Is there any legal recourse ? Or any appeal ?

Won't the industry stalwarts like Mr Rajiv or Ms Sheela Murthy or the legal bodies that they are members of be able to help here ?

Aren't the businesses and companies in NY area suffering because of this too ?

gcby2020 said:
Guys,
Looks we have been cheated yet again. Unless we speak up, things are not going to work out in our favor. Let us protest the above changes. Lets appeal to the official's conscience about the unfariness of the whole transition plan. Here is the address of the chief of DOL, the architect of all this mess. I am writing one today.

William Carlson, Chief (National CO)

USDL/ETA, Office of National Programs, Division of Foreign Labor Certification, 200 Constitution Avenue, N.W. Washington, D.C. 20210

T202-693-3010

F202-693-2768

I think it is good idea to write about our concerns. But i think it is even better for some of us to reach them by phone and may get answer back immedately!

Sending relevant officials a well-written fax will draw attention to this unfairness at least. This is critical juncture now. Whichever state cries loud will get attention. The worst thing to do is to do nothing. If 2 or 3 fax letters can reach DOL officials. This will certainly draw attention. For now, do not try other unrealistic means, such as lawsuit. But a small scale petition to let this unfairness, this new backlog caused by the backlog reduction plan to the NY state, expose to the public. Let the DOL officials know there are flaws in their transition plan, as a result, people are suffering.

Those who filed their labor in Oct, Nov, and Dec of 2001 MUST speak to prevent further harm done to your cases. You are among the most harmed applicants in the entire nation. It is a joke to wait for 3 years for the LC and counting.

If you dont do if for yourself, no body will help you.

richshi said:
Sending relevant officials a well-written fax will draw attention to this unfairness at least. This is critical juncture now. Whichever state cries loud will get attention. The worst thing to do is to do nothing. If 2 or 3 fax letters can reach DOL officials. This will certainly draw attention. For now, do not try other unrealistic means, such as lawsuit. But a small scale petition to let this unfairness, this new backlog caused by the backlog reduction plan to the NY state, expose to the public. Let the DOL officials know there are flaws in their transition plan, as a result, people are suffering.

Those who filed their labor in Oct, Nov, and Dec of 2001 MUST speak to prevent further harm done to your cases. You are among the most harmed applicants in the entire nation. It is a joke to wait for 3 years for the LC and counting.

If you dont do if for yourself, no body will help you.

Can someone provide a list of points we need to state in the fax to the DOL officals? I think that it is a good idea to get the DOL aware of the unfairness involoved in the processes.

Good news at last !!!

Hi Guys,

I am a regular visitor to this NY forum for the past 2 years silently watching all the posting going on here. I wanted to update you all with this information - My priority date was october 11-2001. I just called Reginal DOL and confirmed my case has been transferred to regional DOL on Nov 3th. I asked the person whether my case will go to backlog center etc. She was not sure.My case is also available in automated phone # and i am able to track now with EMployer phone #.
Anyway this is the update to everyone.

Thanks
Venkat

A new update about my case filed to SESA on Oct. 21, 2001(RIR)

Hello,

Just called the NY regional office, I was told that my case was received in the NY regional DOL on July 15, 2004. The nice lady at the DOL office told me that this case should be processed soon. I am asked to check back with the NY regional office in 4 weeks.

Finally I know where my case is now.

I will pray.

To longway01

Hi longway01

Can you tell me the number you called?
Spouse's PD is 10/04/2001. so far no news at all.

anxiousOR said:
Hi longway01

Can you tell me the number you called?
Spouse's PD is 10/04/2001. so far no news at all.

212-337-2184.

They take calls on Monday, Wednesday, and Friday from 9am -12pm. Sometimes the call got transferred to Voice mail,but keep on calling, you will talk to someone. I gave them my name, they found it in the system and told me the case #. Good luck!!

Status
Not open for further replies.