New York Regional DOL Tracker

gcwait222 said:
I have attached a draft petition. Please review it, and add your comments.

Please suggest a best way to collect all your names.

Also please try to get the addresses we need to send. I am thinking of sending to Regional Administrator.

PETITION

Subject: Backlog in Labor Certification Processing at New York Regional Service Center.

Dear Regional Administrator:
I am writing on behalf of the individuals who have signed the attached petition and countless others affected by the interminable delays in the Permanent Labor Certification process at New York Regional Labor Certification Office(satellite office). The Labor Certification dates in the New York DOL has not been changed much since May 2004. Most of us are waiting for the approvals for the past 3 to 4 years. Many of our application have been approved by State (New Jersey, New York) months ago.

The delay in labor certification is causing great concern to most of us. Many of our lives are unsettled, due to them being uncertain of the outcome of the pending labor certification. In addition, with today's economy, many of us do not know how much longer we will be able to hold onto our jobs.

We are kindly requesting you to take special attention to expedite the processing at New York Regional Processing. It is important that the backlog in processing the labor certification is eliminated, to allow applicants to continue on with their green card processing, which will allow us to keep on working and be able to pay our taxes.

Thank you for your attention to this most urgent matter.

Respectfully Submitted:

Excellent letter. Thanks for taking the time to do this. Also, here are my details:

Filed NJ SESa 2/2002. Rir. Transferred to NY DOL on Jan 27, 2005.

Thanks

gcwait222 said:
I have attached a draft petition. Please review it, and add your comments.

Please suggest a best way to collect all your names.

Also please try to get the addresses we need to send. I am thinking of sending to Regional Administrator.

PETITION

Subject: Backlog in Labor Certification Processing at New York Regional Service Center.

Dear Regional Administrator:
I am writing on behalf of the individuals who have signed the attached petition and countless others affected by the interminable delays in the Permanent Labor Certification process at New York Regional Labor Certification Office(satellite office). The Labor Certification dates in the New York DOL has not been changed much since May 2004. Most of us are waiting for the approvals for the past 3 to 4 years. Many of our application have been approved by State (New Jersey, New York) months ago.

The delay in labor certification is causing great concern to most of us. Many of our lives are unsettled, due to them being uncertain of the outcome of the pending labor certification. In addition, with today's economy, many of us do not know how much longer we will be able to hold onto our jobs.

We are kindly requesting you to take special attention to expedite the processing at New York Regional Processing. It is important that the backlog in processing the labor certification is eliminated, to allow applicants to continue on with their green card processing, which will allow us to keep on working and be able to pay our taxes.

Thank you for your attention to this most urgent matter.

Respectfully Submitted:

I am new to tread. Excellent letter. I would like to give my labor certification details
My case cleared on NJ SWA 07/01/04
enterted on NY DOL 08/16/04

Hello guys

Try to find out email addresses of NYDOL authorities. We all decide one day and shoot emails same time, this way these guys come to know our frustation. Let me know your comments about this plan.

For collecting your names, I can create a temporary email account, you all can send your details to that address. I will create it today and let you all know.

Any suggestions please let me know

I have created a temporary email account

nylaborgroup@yahoo.com

Please email your following details to above address

Name
Date Submitted
Any other details you think it is relevent????

I am not giving any from address in the petition. I would like to give this email address.

All informations will be kept confidential. If you want I can provide the account access who ever needed.

Here are the address I am going to send it to

Dolores DeHaan
FLC Certification Officer
U.S. Department of Labor
201 Varick Street Room 755N
New York,NY 10014-4811
Phone: 212-337-2184
Fax: 212-337-1342
Email: ddhaan@DOLETA.GOV

Mr. Douglas F. Small
Regional Administrator
U.S. Department of Labor/ETA
J.F.K. Federal Building, Room E-350
Boston, MA 02203
Phone: (617) 788-0170
Fax: (617) 788-0101
Email: RO1-RA-BOS@dol.gov

Hello gcwait222

Thanks for your time and efforts. What I feel here is lot of people are reluctant to give their names and information. It is better to ask everybody and their friends to shoot email from their personal email boxes instead of collecting them. For that we need to decide following items.
1. Correct Letter format to email
2.Details of personal information
3.Email addresses to shoot email. (we need collect all email addresses of high officials at NYDOL).

I feel this is better way. If you guys have any comments, you are most welcome to express your views.

If a person is not willing to give their name and date of file,are never going to send an email to NYDOL. Its upto you guys. Good Luck with all efforts!!

Gc Pain said:
Thanks for your time and efforts. What I feel here is lot of people are reluctant to give their names and information. It is better to ask everybody and their friends to shoot email from their personal email boxes instead of collecting them. For that we need to decide following items.
1. Correct Letter format to email
2.Details of personal information
3.Email addresses to shoot email. (we need collect all email addresses of high officials at NYDOL).

I feel this is better way. If you guys have any comments, you are most welcome to express your views.

Petition??

I don’t want to be discouraging, but I don’t think what we are trying to do here will make any difference, because those people at NY DOL are intentionally creating a long backlog to justify that they need until the end of 2005 to process all the cases. If you randomly check the case status by case number in the AVM system, you will see what I mean. It’s true that many cases received in July/August of 2004 have not been processed, but some later cases even received this year are certified. As a matter of fact, the last case in their system, 02514907 received on May 10, are certified on Friday, May 13. Got it? With the implementation of PERM and the creation of the BECs, the earlier they finish the cases they have received, the earlier they lose their own job! It’s so easy to understand that they NEED to hold back the early cases to create a phantom backlog to justify their own existence until the end of 2005. While they still have to kill the staff’s 8 hours a day, LIFO might not be a bad idea - at least some people would think NY DOL are so efficient that cases are processed in 3 days. Unfortunately, if you are not one of the lucky latecomers, just be prepared to wait to the end of the year. Think the petition to those scumbags who are just wasting taxpayers’ money would do anything? I don’t think so, but we should reveal their dirty tricks to the public and have those scumbags judged.

AFuriousGuy said:
I don’t want to be discouraging, but I don’t think what we are trying to do here will make any difference, because those people at NY DOL are intentionally creating a long backlog to justify that they need until the end of 2005 to process all the cases. If you randomly check the case status by case number in the AVM system, you will see what I mean. It’s true that many cases received in July/August of 2004 have not been processed, but some later cases even received this year are certified. As a matter of fact, the last case in their system, 02514907 received on May 10, are certified on Friday, May 13. Got it? With the implementation of PERM and the creation of the BECs, the earlier they finish the cases they have received, the earlier they lose their own job! It’s so easy to understand that they NEED to hold back the early cases to create a phantom backlog to justify their own existence until the end of 2005. While they still have to kill the staff’s 8 hours a day, LIFO might not be a bad idea - at least some people would think NY DOL are so efficient that cases are processed in 3 days. Unfortunately, if you are not one of the lucky latecomers, just be prepared to wait to the end of the year. Think the petition to those scumbags who are just wasting taxpayers’ money would do anything? I don’t think so, but we should reveal their dirty tricks to the public and have those scumbags judged.

Actually, it looks like they are accelerating. I think those are earlier cases which were not entered into the system. They take them from the box, enter data into the system them and them approve after a few days.

Do you have an idea aprx. when this last case was received by state DOL, meaning when this case was sent to SESA by the lawyer?

krage_2002 said:
Actually, it looks like they are accelerating. I think those are earlier cases which were not entered into the system. They take them from the box, enter data into the system them and them approve after a few days.

Do you have an idea aprx. when this last case was received by state DOL, meaning when this case was sent to SESA by the lawyer?

Good theory! But I guess we should still pursue whatGCwait222 is trying to do, as that might not harm us in anyway.

BTW: Gcwait222: what is the status on the letter. I think we should send the letter out

Regards

Guys,

I had send the petition via email and post yesterday. I got an immediate response. I had send the petition with 3 people information. Thats all the response I got from all of you. See below.

Please read it and provide your valuable suggestions.

Reply from Regional Administrator:

Dear Sir/Madam:
Your inquiry was forwarded to the Office of Foreign Labor Certification for a response. In the mean time you can contact them directly by calling 617-788-0167.
Thanks,
Carmen E. Rodriguez
RA Executive Secretary
US DOL - ETA
JFK Federal Building, Room E350
Boston, MA 02203
rodriguez.carmen@dol.gov
617-788-0170
617-788-0101(fax)

Reply from Certification Officer:

This is in response to your email sent to Mr. Douglas F. Small, Regional Administrator, Boston concerning a number of applications for alien employment certification filed by various individuals.
Before I can respond to your inquiry I need the following information:

1) Names of employers for each foreign national on your list.

2) Since you indicate that the states of NY/NJ completed processing of the cases and forwarded them to the NY Regional Office, please provide the State case ID number for each application on your list.

As soon as you give us the above information, we will attempt to locate the cases and provide you with the status of each case on your list and update you on our current processing times.

Dolores DeHaan
Certifying Officer
NY/Boston

Guys,

Anyone please help me write a good reply to this certifying officer. I don't plan to send any company details of anyone.

thanks

august cases??

Just now spoke to newyork regional dol no 212-337-2184. It immediately got connected. He said currently they r doing august cases and it may take few more months for my case. 10 days back when i spoke to them they said june cases and now august...if so why did'nt we hear any approvals? Is there any one whose labor got approved recently?? My case went to regional in sep and entered into their system on nov19th. still waiting.......waiting..... :(

Labordelay,

The august case means the date submitted to reginonal office or enter into their system?? Thanks.

I just checked today by calling 2123372193 and one of the three cases my company filed was certified on May 2005. LC # 025122XX (nov 27 2004-entered in NY DOL) with DOT code of 030.062-010. Mine was still at received state (aug 27 2004 dot code 030.061-010). Still waiting :(

defrag said:
I just checked today by calling 2123372193 and one of the three cases my company filed was certified on May 2005. LC # 025122XX (nov 27 2004-entered in NY DOL) with DOT code of 030.062-010. Mine was still at received state (aug 27 2004 dot code 030.061-010). Still waiting :(

Do you believe my theory now? Get ready for another 6 month waiting.

NY DOL messed up my colleague's case. After the approval, NY DOL sent the following letters to our attorney (Labor approval form +ETA form A + ETA form B of another applicant).

Our attorney, after receiving the labor approval, filed for I-140/485 and got a query from INS seeking clarification on ETA form B that belongs to another applcant.

Our attorney in now following up with NY DOL.