New York Regional DOL Tracker

Hi Sh_Ad,

Could you be more specific about your case?

YOu mean that the NY DOL received your case but they have not yet assigned a CASE number?

My questions is:
How would they tell you about your case status if the case has not been entered in their system?

thanks
ind

Last edited by a moderator:
what is happening ?

212 337 2193 is not working from last month or so. We have not heard any new cases get certifie. Here is my case info.
MOved from NJ to DOL on July 7 2004 and Entered into DOL system on AUG 16 2004. No New after that. Not sure that case is still there with DOL or it has moved to BEC? Any ideas ?

AFAIK, cases that have reached NY DOL have not been transfered to BEC.
They are still working on them.

atulka said:
212 337 2193 is not working from last month or so. We have not heard any new cases get certifie. Here is my case info.
MOved from NJ to DOL on July 7 2004 and Entered into DOL system on AUG 16 2004. No New after that. Not sure that case is still there with DOL or it has moved to BEC? Any ideas ?

LaborIsPainful said:
AFAIK, cases that have reached NY DOL have not been transfered to BEC.
They are still working on them.

I agree with you. My case was transferred to NY DOL from NJ SESA in Jan 2005. After repeated letters to NY DOL by my attorney, my lawyer finally recd a letter from NY DOL, indicating that the case is with NY DOL and entered in the system on March 24, 2005 and that they are processing cases from July 2004 currently. So, I am assuming the cases are not being sent to the backlog center.

I heard all the cases are moving to BEC

I heard all the cases are moving to BEC. I didn't get any priority date and case# when my attorney filed LCA on May 24, 2004. NY DOL told me my case went to PA BEC while PA BEC didn't give any info until god knows when they finish data entry. How do I know where is my case? thx

njrirlabor,

my employer also sent a letter to find out the status of my case to the following address more than a month ago but we did not get any response from them.

could you please confirm the NY DOL address please?

US Department of Labor
Employment and Training Administration
Foreign Labor Certification Unit
201 Varick Street, Room 755
New York, NY 10014

thanks
ind

My case was transferred from NJ to NY DOL in June 2004. It was received & entered into their system on July15th. Now waiting..........

indgc123 said:
Hi Sh_Ad,

Could you be more specific about your case?

YOu mean that the NY DOL received your case but they have not yet assigned a CASE number?

My questions is:
How would they tell you about your case status if the case has not been entered in their system?

thanks
ind

indgc123 said:
njrirlabor,

my employer also sent a letter to find out the status of my case to the following address more than a month ago but we did not get any response from them.

could you please confirm the NY DOL address please?

US Department of Labor
Employment and Training Administration
Foreign Labor Certification Unit
201 Varick Street, Room 755
New York, NY 10014

thanks
ind

I will check the address with my lawyer and get back to you. Apparently, they responded to her 4th letter.

Either way, it looks like NY DOL, is totally screwed up...

It seems nothing is happening at NYDOL. I didn't see even a single approval news for the past one month in this forum. I called them last month, they said they are processing July. I think still they are processing July, no progress.

If you heard about any approvals please post here.

BG

talked to a guy today

He says they are still processing July. Asked me not to call them for 2 months as they will not be able to do anything.

When I replied that I got a similar answer a month back, he said that they are severely short of staff.

EB3 dates for 485 have retrogressed. I think the GC journey is practically over for me. Wasted 3 and half yrs of my life.

SVD said:
He says they are still processing July. Asked me not to call them for 2 months as they will not be able to do anything.

When I replied that I got a similar answer a month back, he said that they are severely short of staff.

EB3 dates for 485 have retrogressed. I think the GC journey is practically over for me. Wasted 3 and half yrs of my life.

SVD, You are not the only one....

SVD said:

Count me in to. This process to say the least has been so much frustrating. I talked to person in NY DOL today. My case was transfered Sept 9th from NJ SWA to NY--then, and till now it has not been entered into the system. I know this from my frequest requests to the lawyer..that the case was received by NY DOL in Nov 19th 2004, but he/she doesn't know if that will be entered into the system or not, and when will this get approved. :(

Guys,

I have a suggestion to all, why don’t we submit a mass petition to the commissioner of NY DOL. It may not have any effect, but at least we can hope that we did something to expedite this process. If you guys agree we’ll think how to proceed.

Hello Guys

Count me. Together we need to do something to inform NYDOL about our frustation. I am sure they are not processing at all. Hardly it will take one month to complete all cases, if they start processing really. Come with good idea and stick to that. Thanks......

NJ Labor

atulka said:

Mine moved to NY DOL in July , but was entered in system on Oct 25 2004.
My case # begins with 02511***

just to check the sequence ... What is yours?

Thanks

AAKG said:
Mine moved to NY DOL in July , but was entered in system on Oct 25 2004.
My case # begins with 02511***

just to check the sequence ... What is yours?

Thanks
Hi my case number is 200202270***? It does not seem it is in line with your case number. My case was filed in Nj Feb 2002 and transferred to NY DOL in Jan 2005.

I hope this helps. Let me know, if your case number is similar.

Thank You
Regards

Case #

Mine was Filed in NJ April 2002 and case # from SWA starts with 200204***.
NY DOL assigns new case # i.e. 02511***, you can get the new case when you call for status check.

njrirlabor said:
Hi my case number is 200202270***? It does not seem it is in line with your case number. My case was filed in Nj Feb 2002 and transferred to NY DOL in Jan 2005.

I hope this helps. Let me know, if your case number is similar.

Thank You
Regards

Last edited by a moderator:
Ny Dol Avm

Since the AVM 212-337-1293 is down for long time.
If someone knows the AVM # for any other regional DOL where they are still processing their cases such as chicago etc.

Please try to check the status in other DOL AVM with your NY DOL case number, I guess all regional cases has one database.

02511*** means 025 stands for NY DOL code.

Can someone try and lets know if it works, I dont have other DOL AVM numbers.

AAKG said:
Mine was Filed in NJ April 2002 and case # from SWA starts with 200204***.
NY DOL assigns new case # i.e. 02511***, you can get the new case when you call for status check.

rsrinivas27 said:
Since the AVM 212-337-1293 is down for long time.
If someone knows the AVM # for any other regional DOL where they are still processing their cases such as chicago etc.

Please try to check the status in other DOL AVM with your NY DOL case number, I guess all regional cases has one database.

02511*** means 025 stands for NY DOL code.

Can someone try and lets know if it works, I dont have other DOL AVM numbers.

It doesn't. I have even tried the Boston DOL, which is supposed to be part of the same Region (from admin perspective) as NY DOL .

Try calling 212-337-2184 Mon, Wed and Fri 9-12. I called a couple weeks ago just to make sure my hadn't gone there. The person looked up my case (didn't find it) and gave information to me.