New York Regional DOL Tracker

I called the AVM, and found out that cases received on the same day as mine (sept 8, 2004) were certified,the funny thing is some were certified back on september (just few days after receive), and some certified on May, and a couple of other apllications (including mine) are still on the NYDOL shelves.

gcwait222 said:
Guys,

Anyone please help me write a good reply to this certifying officer. I don't plan to send any company details of anyone.

thanks

Hi gcwait222:

thanks for all your efforts. I am not too sure as to how one should answer them. They are just trying to play games. If we provide them with the requested information, they will provide the same status as they provided to my attorney, a couple of weeks back. My attorney had sent them a letter and they replied back with a response indicating, my case was entered in March o5 etc etc.

Let me know, know ur thoughts, as to what you think, would be the best way to respond to this letter. Do you think,w e should collectiviley contact our senators/ congressmen etc.

Regards

LC-Sickness said:
I called the AVM, and found out that cases received on the same day as mine (sept 8, 2004) were certified,the funny thing is some were certified back on september (just few days after receive), and some certified on May, and a couple of other apllications (including mine) are still on the NYDOL shelves.

LC sickness,

How did you find out that some cases which were forwarded in Sep 2004 were approved immediately? We never heard of any approvals of Aug/Sep cases from NYDOL... Are those cases EB2?

I think they processed EB2 cases out of sequence from EB3 may be because EB3 was anyway retrogressed for 485. Many EB2 cases which were forwarded in Jan/Feb/March also were approved while they were sitting on EB3 cases going back to last June. Now it seems they have finally started processing the EB3 cases of Aug/Sep... Hope we will all see light at the end of the tunnel soon.

I just spoke the person at NY DOL. He said they are processing Jan 05 cases.

Actually, my case was forwarded to NY DOL in Aug 2004, but NY DOL misplaced it, after series of follow-ups, they located my case and entered in their system this month. My case should have been entered in their system in Oct 2004.

Due to their fault, i've lost 7 months of valuable time.

Are you sure ?

Are you sure they are processing Jan 05 cases.

Actually I called today morning too ... and the guy said they are doing August cases.

Bye for now,

Teky.

indgc123 said:
I just spoke the person at NY DOL. He said they are processing Jan 05 cases.

Actually, my case was forwarded to NY DOL in Aug 2004, but NY DOL misplaced it, after series of follow-ups, they located my case and entered in their system this month. My case should have been entered in their system in Oct 2004.

Due to their fault, i've lost 7 months of valuable time.

indgc123,

Can you please elaborate a little.. how did you find out that they misplaced it and how did you followup with them?

How do I get my case number? Can I just call the AVM number and give my details and they will tell me the case number - is that it? Or do they give the case number to attoneys only?

august cases??

Even today i spoke to a person by calling 212-337-2184. They said they r working on august cases. Today instead of giving them my case no i gave my
name and employer details and got confirmed that it is my case no.
R there any aUGUST CASES here?? we can keep track of them so that we will know whether those guys r really processing august cases or not :confused:

optimistguy said:
LC sickness,

How did you find out that some cases which were forwarded in Sep 2004 were approved immediately? We never heard of any approvals of Aug/Sep cases from NYDOL... Are those cases EB2?

I think they processed EB2 cases out of sequence from EB3 may be because EB3 was anyway retrogressed for 485. Many EB2 cases which were forwarded in Jan/Feb/March also were approved while they were sitting on EB3 cases going back to last June. Now it seems they have finally started processing the EB3 cases of Aug/Sep... Hope we will all see light at the end of the tunnel soon.

optimistguy,

>> How did you find out that some cases which were forwarded in Sep 2004 were approved immediately?

by calling the AVM (212 337 2193) and providing case numbers around my case (mine was entred to the NYDOL system on sept 2004).

N.B. I am talking about cases entered to th NYDOl system not Forwarded (there is a delay of ~ 2 months as far as I know between forwarding date and receive date)

>> Eb2 or EB3?

I have no clue.

>> how to get your case number?

call the 212 337 2193 and provide your employer phone number and they will give you the case number, the DOT code and the status (assuming your case is already on their system).

Hope best of luck to all of us.

NY Labor

Hi Guys,
Does anyone has an idea what going on with NY "Labor" ?
Mine labor was files in May 2002 under RIR ..so far no word ,no 45 day letter
from BPC.

Thnaks

LC-Sickness said:
optimistguy,

>> How did you find out that some cases which were forwarded in Sep 2004 were approved immediately?

by calling the AVM (212 337 2193) and providing case numbers around my case (mine was entred to the NYDOL system on sept 2004).

N.B. I am talking about cases entered to th NYDOl system not Forwarded (there is a delay of ~ 2 months as far as I know between forwarding date and receive date)

Thanks for the info - I called this number but it is asking for the employers tax id or the case number. I dont know how to proceed. Is there any other number at which I can talk to a human being?

I talked to my lawyer - she is the company lawyer and she just dont care about our plight - she says all applications are in backlog processing center and we will let you know when we hear from them. She is not willing to listen anything more.

Where does it say that NY DOL is processing the cases it received till end-of-year 2004. I could not locate any such info on the DOL websites. My case was forwarded to NYDOL on 10th Sep 2004. I am completely at a loss on what to do.....

status

I called 212-337-2184 and talked to a person there.
He said that they are processing august but cannot give me any date.
My case, which was received by them on Aug 27, has not been seen by analysts yet and they cannot give me any date at which my case will be processed.

Backlog Processing Centers - May 2005 Update from murthydotcom immigration

Number of Cases at BPCs
©MurthyDotCom
The DOL originally anticipated receiving 300,000 labor certification cases from the states and DOL regions to the BPCs. The number has actually reached at least 340,000, due to a large number of unexpected filings made between January 1, 2005 and March 27, 2005. During that period, there were approximately 40,000 labor certification cases filed under the previous, non-PERM system in order to qualify before that option expired. The DOL reports that there are still a small number of cases at the DOL Regional Offices in Boston, New York, Denver, and San Francisco, but that these offices are winding down and just working on select cases. These cases will likely be closed by the end of the calendar year 2005. This is consistent with the receipt of a few case approvals that came to The Law Office of Sheela Murthy from the San Francisco Regional Office after the BPCs were established. The DOL will send a final "last call letter" to each state to make sure that all cases been forwarded to the BPCs.
Source:©MurthyDotCom

Link to this site
http://www.murthy.com/news/n_bacpro.html

Last edited by a moderator:
I talked today to a person at 212-337-2184 and he said that they are still processing cases received (i.e. entred to their system) on August.

LC-Sickness said:
I talked today to a person at 212-337-2184 and he said that they are still processing cases received (i.e. entred to their system) on August.
Same information here as well. I got the same info today. We have not seen an approval from NY DOL in over a month. This is ridiculous!