New York City Transfers

LUD update

Yesterday I got first LUD update since december, but there was no change in the message. So I guess they will transfer me to NYC next week. Good thing, thay have not lost my file yet.

Andy

I also got two LUD updates. Also had an RFE after they transfered it back.

So if the LUD updates indicate a transfer I should be getting an INfopass appointment right away.

GC200/Andy,

My PD is current. I am EB-1. Online msg says that i will be schedule for interview whereas for spouse will recieve a written decision from NY. Don't know why there is 2 diff msgs.

wait continues for another 18-36 months, by that time, we will be old.

regards,

Hi Friends

How is everyone doing, Lots of movement around here, I currently am waiting to go and finish my interview on the 14th of this month. Letz hope everything goes fine and if extremely lucky then get the Passport stamples as well.

Any more news from around here???

Newyorker012

Good news

Hey,

I have good news at least for some of us. VSC is actually approving cases directly without transfer to NY office. I know of two cases that has been transferred from NY to VSC and recently approved. I am still waiting and have hope, that maybe I will be the lucky one, after 10 years of paying taxes for federal and local government that they will spare me 2 more years of waiting, and approve my case without transfer to NY office.

It is amazing, I just realized that during past 10 years I paid more than a million in taxes, and they treat me like garbage. Actually we all on this list paid millions in taxes, and nothing.

Anyway good luck
Andy

PS. I have one more good news, after you get your GC, you will have to wait 5 years for your citizenship too. Do you think thay will also transfer your case from NY to VSC to speed up processing? I know thay transfer my case, and I will get my passport in 15 years.

Just like Andy300z, my friend received a "welcome letter" in today's mail (she was interviewed on 3/15/06). The letter said IF her petition is approved, she should hear within 30 days, but the notice had a new receipt #, different from her I485 Notice of Transfer from a few years back, and when I checked the new receipt number on-line, it says the file has been approved. I'm hoping this means her greencard will be on route soon.

Last edited by a moderator:
newyorker012 and folks transfer from vsc to nyc,
can u pls post your details on how long do you need to wait for interview letter once case is transfer back from vsc to nyc, assuming interview is needed. newyorker012, can u pls throw some light on this.
regards,

RLNY122004 said:
Here is my NYC, 26 Federal Plaza interview experience .

http://boards.immigrationportal.com/showthread.php?t=208982

Also as side note my current employer filed for three year h1 (8th,9th,10th year)extention based on future employers's I140 and we received the three year h1 extention.

Hi RLNY12004, My situation is almost the same. 245i got interview last year May got transfer to VSC october 05, officer wrote 245i pending and his name. Got nothing yet. Good luck.

Hi Goankar & freinds

My case was transferred back to VSC on the 22nd of Nov.2005 & I think it took three months to get an interview letter that was in february almost at the end of feb. So I believe that it will take atleast 3 months to get it transferred back to NYC federal Plaza for any interview if required. But you know USCIS, nothing is certain with them. So this was my best guess.

What you'all say

Newyorker012

gclord2002,

What's your PD?. And not sure if 245i and 245 is same or different. I was aware of some of the post here that cases getting transfer to vermont after interviews and that why I specifically asked her if file will go back to vermont and her answer was no.

gclord2002 said:
Hi RLNY12004, My situation is almost the same. 245i got interview last year May got transfer to VSC october 05, officer wrote 245i pending and his name. Got nothing yet. Good luck.

RLNY122004 said:
gclord2002,

What's your PD?. And not sure if 245i and 245 is same or different. I was aware of some of the post here that cases getting transfer to vermont after interviews and that why I specifically asked her if file will go back to vermont and her answer was no.
245i and 245 is the same as far as I know. 245 i when you go out of status and pay 1000 fine.

My friend's green card arrived in today's mail

Less than a week after the Welcome Letter and 3 weeks after her interview. Her PD was 4/26/01, so the whole thing took slightly less than 5 years, though she hasn't been home in over 11.

I also did some research and INA 245 is the one under which all AOS is done . and INA 245(i) apply to specific cases as you have mantioned. Whats the staus of your case?. What does your lawyer says ?.

gclord2002 said:
245i and 245 is the same as far as I know. 245 i when you go out of status and pay 1000 fine.

RLNY122004 said:
I also did some research and INA 245 is the one under which all AOS is done . and INA 245(i) apply to specific cases as you have mantioned. Whats the staus of your case?. What does your lawyer says ?.

Online status says it will take 270 to 300 days to complete. My lawyer ( I do not beleive my lawyer) said every thing is fine they are just waiting to enter my information for the green card.

gclord2002 said:

There is 245(k) which covers you for out of status (or other violation like non-authorized work, i am not sure) for less than 180 days, no fee, and also 245(i) which covers you for out of status for more than 180 days (with fee $1000) if you meet certain criteria.

I-765: MSCxxxxx20070 <Your I765 APPLICATION FOR EMPLOYMENT AUTHORIZATION was received on November 2, 2005. We mailed you a receipt with information about processing. It is taking between 30 and 90 days for us to process this kind of case. We will mail you a decision as soon as processing is complete.>
I GOT A NEW LUD (NO MESSAGE) ON 06APR06.
Does anybody knows what this MSC means? My others #s started w/ EAC.

jhawilla said:
I-765: MSCxxxxx20070 <Your I765 APPLICATION FOR EMPLOYMENT AUTHORIZATION was received on November 2, 2005. We mailed you a receipt with information about processing. It is taking between 30 and 90 days for us to process this kind of case. We will mail you a decision as soon as processing is complete.>
I GOT A NEW LUD (NO MESSAGE) ON 06APR06.
Does anybody knows what this MSC means? My others #s started w/ EAC.

Application Type: I765, APPLICATION FOR EMPLOYMENT AUTHORIZATION

Current Status:

On April 8, 2006, after approving your application, we ordered you a new card. Your card will be mailed to you as soon as it is ready.

This USCIS is really funny... Where is my GC????? 4xEAD.