New York City Transfers

She has nobody here. Sounds like it doesn't apply. Thanks for letting me know though. I'm going to hope the agent was just passive aggressive and she grants the petition all the same.

gclord2002 said:
Hi waiver is type of hardship if she get denied and put her on removal order. I.e. US born kids or close US citizen relatives living in the USA

No LUD change after 3/11 and no FP notice for wife yet

Thinking of calling them today or tomorrow. Will update.

goankar said:
Akbari,
any updates/lud changes on your case.
did u r spouse get fp notice.
team, any news from vsc for cases xfer from NYC.
pls post details.
regards,

Moving Pro's and Con's

Hi everyone.

No update on my case. I would like some opinion on moving: I currently live in NYC (my case was transfered to NYC office in January 06). My job is in NJ. I am considering the possibility of moving, both to shorten my commute, and to save on taxes.

Obviously I would file the AR-11, but what then? Would my case be transfered to Newark? What other immigration implications might there be?

Any input would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

When I moved I got lots of complications. My files got transferred to the wrong location and I lost 8 months for nothing.

Try to keep a New York address.

Any thought would be appriciated. I am full time employee with a compnay who sponsored me and interview but got transfer to VSC. Can I work in different company ( i.e as a parttime mortgage broker office with w2) while I am still full time working with the same company full time? My job title is different with the mortgage broker company. I am not changing my sponsor company.

-thanks

Affidavit of support for dependent in employment based AOS

Gurus....

We have an AOS interview in first week of April in NYC federal plaza. Along with other things DO sent us the Aiifdavit of Support I-864 forms. Do we really have to complete and take I 864 with us. I am the Primary applicant. My spouse is dependent and don't work and have no income. My Lawyer said I don't have to complete the I864. She said if I wish I can carry I-134 (other Affidavit of support) with me.

Someone please shed some light.....

Thanks in advance.

Today is my turn, I finally got it.
It’s been an uphill battle after a wrongly filled Political Asylum case, a marriage case that
was said to be a fraud,
A Labor Certification case for my self which was sent to the wrong building causing a 5 years delay and finally it took my wife to be sponsored which I am the derivative.
In the 16 years I have been here I had family members who died and I could not leave for those Who have advance parole consider yourself lucky?
It’s been 10 months from my interview and I want to urge every body try to contact your congressman.
I personally think it helps to bring the case out of the shadows.
I want to thank everybody for there input and knowledge and this website which has been my daily addiction.

I hope everybody will have good news soon.

Thanks.

p.s I noticed that the EAC # is a different number than the one I was using to track my
case, when I received the welcome notice the number was totaly different.

Priority date ED3 world wide : 4/21/2001
RD 7/27/2004 (I140 & I485 CONCURRENT)
EAD (AP) 8/31/04
I140 (AP) 10/18/04
TD 11/5/04
Fingerprint 7/13/05
ID 6/28/05
Spouse (AD)
DERRIVATIVE PENDING
PRIORITY DATE CURRENT: 4/1/06

APPROVED: 4/23/06

LUN Updates

Hey,

Did your case got LUN update last week? I do not know what is going on. My friends got like 3 LUN updates already, and my case nothing, it is just stuck. Also I had my fingerprints done and there is no messages ta USCIS got my fingerprints.

Did anyone contacted the congressman in Kew Gardens NYC? I have send him a couple of emails but there is no response.

Andy

I'm delighted for you. Were you notified by mail? Just curious.

ANDY300Z said:
Today is my turn, I finally got it.
It’s been an uphill battle after a wrongly filled Political Asylum case, a marriage case that
was said to be a fraud,
A Labor Certification case for my self which was sent to the wrong building causing a 5 years delay and finally it took my wife to be sponsored which I am the derivative.
In the 16 years I have been here I had family members who died and I could not leave for those Who have advance parole consider yourself lucky?
It’s been 10 months from my interview and I want to urge every body try to contact your congressman.
I personally think it helps to bring the case out of the shadows.
I want to thank everybody for there input and knowledge and this website which has been my daily addiction.

I hope everybody will have good news soon.

Thanks.

p.s I noticed that the EAC # is a different number than the one I was using to track my
case, when I received the welcome notice the number was totaly different.

Priority date ED3 world wide : 4/21/2001
RD 7/27/2004 (I140 & I485 CONCURRENT)
EAD (AP) 8/31/04
I140 (AP) 10/18/04
TD 11/5/04
Fingerprint 7/13/05
ID 6/28/05
Spouse (AD)
DERRIVATIVE PENDING
PRIORITY DATE CURRENT: 4/1/06

APPROVED: 4/23/06

ANDY300Z: In about 4 mo I`m checking constantly this site to see any movements on these cases transferred back to VSC. I still think it`s ALL EB3 cases. U r the first one on this boat approved and I want congratullate u. No matter what everybody says about USCIS, they r nice guys.
I really hope be the next. Hehehe!

I got a noticed I181 it said welcome notice but in the bottom it said
"your case is being process and if its approved the card will be sent to you:
The notice date was march 20th i got the letter march22 in the mail
I checked the website and it said your case has been approved march 23rd
I recieved my green card march 27th in the mail.
What is strange is that most of us are looking for case status based on our
EAC# but the number is a different number on the welcome notice how do
we no that number that was assigned to us in the begining is still valid
and how do we find out at what stage the number changes.

Good luck to you all

Andy300z

team,

our files has been transfer back to NYC today. wait continues for another 18-24 months. already files are in NYC for 18 months, xfer back to vsc, not they transfer back to nyc. god shud give patience.

thought of updating the team.

regards,

I am sorry that your file was transfered back to NYC

I feel your pain. It is happening. We spoke about this a month ago, that they will transfer the files back to NYC, and they did.

I can confirm that your are not the only one, there are more people transfered back to NYC, and it sucks.

My file is still in VSC, they have not touched it since the transfer, they probably lost the folder, but I am afraid that I will get transfered soon to NYC and I will have to wait another year in NYC.

I have suggestion. As soon as we get transfered back to NYC, let's schedule schedule InfoPassed on the same day and let's all of us go there and complain, and ask for manager. We need to get organized. Let's go ther every month and complain the same day.

Andy

Team,
don't know reason for xfer. but online msg says 'files has been xferred and will be scheduled for interview'. don't know how long to wait. i'm holding my breath to the current job in terms of not relocating outside nyc. god shud help us. will update u guys if i know more. all the best to you folks.
newyorker, are u there...
regards

Goankar - is your PD current? I wonder why they looked at your file if you are not.

I was told that they will not look at my file until PD current, and then decide whether to transfer or not. That's really sweet. So I could wait another year for the PD and then if they transfer another 1-2 years. alhtough it was in NYC for 18months already. Gotta love it!!!

Last edited by a moderator: