New York City Transfers

Hi patu999.

Hi Guys: Finally we had our interview done lastweek. As you all know I am 245i EAB3 Cat. RD April 2002 transfer to NYC June 2004. We perpared for every docs possible for the final interveiw. Went into the building late because our lawyer were late. Anyway we took our kids with us and had some one inside the waiting area watched them when we were called by the officer. THe Officer were very nice first he had us raise our right hand and do the regular stuff. He asked for the followings:

1) our passport
2) EAD
3) Employment letter
4) Pay Stubs
5) Tax Returns
6) What I do with the company. I nervous and he told me with a smile to relax.
7) Diplomas
8) Birth certificates, marrige certificate
8) Have I ever convicted
9) Did grugs. all the regular questions in the application

10) He did not ask for any other things then my lawyer asked him if he needs the medical, pictures, my additional certificates, he said yes. he looked at my nine other certificates besides my degree from USA. The officer then smiled and said you must be very busy.

11) Finally, he wrote in our passposrt 245i pending,NYC and the date.
12) My lawyer asked the officer when we will get our green card. He said he needs to check for more information about me and should be getting it by Mid to end of June.
13) Finally, we all stood including the officer and I ask him my mother is in the hospital and the officer told me I will do my best and shked our hands.

When we left my lawyer told me interview were very good and my green card is 100% confirm. IN my openion, interview were very well and just has to wait and see.

Please provide your openion

-thanks you all

Hi patu999.

Please post detail of your interview experience. In our case the officer told me that he need to check for more information about me is that means he did not get our finger print clear?
-Thanks

gclord2002 said:
Hi patu999.

Please post detail of your interview experience. In our case the officer told me that he need to check for more information about me is that means he did not get our finger print clear?
-Thanks

Hi lord,

In my case the interview was about 5 minutes, the officer only asked me to hand him my papers and asked a few formalquestions about my bacground (ie did commit any illegal things etc.) Then he asked my passport and told me to wait outside, then he will call me and stamp my passport. I didn't see my family over 5 years so I was in Heaven. Then he called me back and told my lawyer that they don't have the results of my name check. When my lwyer asked how long is it going to take the officer just shrugged, he said he didn't know. So I have to just wait again I don't know how long. My mother is heartbroken, she cries whenever I call her... :mad:

Hey Patu

Consider yourself lucky as there are people who are still waiting longer then you are without an interview and their mother's are unhappy as well.
On a positive note you are in a much better position then a lot of them...
How about that. All the best

Newyorker012

Hi patu999,

I do not know how long it will take in our case but the officer said that I should get it by mid June now I do not know if he meant approval or additional information about me.

-Good luck

Hi E-veryone

I know u guys have not heard from us lately from me. Anyways this post is to let everyone know that our case has been approved and passport stamped :) today Today we had an interview at federal plaza at 7:45 am ,they called us in at 8:00 by 8:30 we were done and out i just came back from federal plaza and i had to tell my other buddies who are waiting so aniously
give me a while and i will most my interview details

Hey guys,

Here are the details of our interview today:

Interview time on letter was 7.45 am. But lawyer came in a little late. Reached Federal plaza around 8.00 am. When we reached on the 8th floor we were directed to a window where they took mine and my spouse's index finger prints and signatures on a form. We were then told to wait. Fortunately we didn't have to wait long as in about 15 minutes my husband's name (he is the primary applicant) was announced. A lady directed us to a room and told us to take an oath. She told us to place the original birth and marriage certificates on the table. Then she said she was going to ask questions to my husband first and then me, during which none of us could speak for the other. The questions asked were:

1) A bunch of simple yes/no questions, to which one generally replies no. eg. Were you involved in drugs, terrorist organisations, illegal gambling, helped any illegal entry into the states,ever had more than one husband / wife, ever divorced, etc.

For my husband :
2) What is your name?
3) Name of your company?
4) Where located?
5) What do you work as?
6) What does your wife do?
7) What kind of work and where located?
8) How long have you been working for the sponsor?
9) How long your wife has been working?
10) What are you wife's and son's birth dates?
11) Name of your wife's parents?

Then she repeated similar questions to me also. Then she asked about our son's school. Soon we started talking about his activities in school and even she shared her experiences with her kids in school. The ice was broken. She was very friendly. She just asked for tax papers, pay stubs, appointment letter, birth and marriage certificates. And finally 4 photos of us. She got a stamp and stamped on the passports. Even then we could not believe it that our 6 year ordeal was finally over. She said that the actual cards would take a few months, but if we had our tickets right now, we could directly go to the airport and fly right away to our country. We then thanked her and left.

The whole process lasted about 20-25 minutes. Although our lawyer had already taken copies of all documents from us much in advance, he was fumbling to find it when the officer asked for it. Fortunately we made extra copies ourself and had organized them very well, so we were able to produce right away.

Before the interview we were worried about the background check report, which many times if it is pending the passports do not get stamped. So it actually took a while for us to realise that our passports were really stamped.

Thank God!! Finally we did live to cherish this moment. I wish all of you the best of luck. One piece of advise - Have faith in God, pray and relax. You will definitely go through.

Thanks Andy and all the best to you on your interview
This name check thing is a big hoax my lawyer told me that if the immigration officer wants to approve the case and if the name check is pending than he can get the result right away (that is if he/she wants to)
So whatever the officer ask just answer with confidence don't fumble not with your papers and definetly not with your answers

Hi Newyorker
I got my interview letter the same day when I got my new EAD.So lets hope you get the same and also I the time frame between the letter and the actual date was just 20 days so be prepared with your paper work

Congrats Tasneem,

I have been also following your trials and tribulations as also of lot of others. I am very happy for you and your family. Isn't it a strange feeling once they actually stamp the passport as if a big burden has been lifted.

Enjoy your freedom.

Yeppo

Hi Tasneem,
Congrats. I am very happy for you and hope that each one of us will have that same experience.

Aghlen

Newyorker012 said:
Hey Patu

Consider yourself lucky as there are people who are still waiting longer then you are without an interview and their mother's are unhappy as well.
On a positive note you are in a much better position then a lot of them...
How about that. All the best

Newyorker012

You are right, newyorker but it is still pretty upsetting. When you are already there, and they tell you to wait couple of minutes so you can get stamped and then they say : sorry, go home and keep waiting. All my optimism is gone. I see people waiting longer then a year just for a name chek, and nothing happens.

Thanks everyone for all your good wishes

In this waiting time I went twice with the infopass to the local office.
Called the 1800 number five to six times
And also contacted Senator Schummer's office via email they were very prompt and called me for more details and told me that they will send an inquiry to the local office after a week of they calling me I got my interview I really don't know if it is becoz of this or just a plain coincidence

Hey folks

How is it going everyone, Any new progress on anyone's interview...
Plz someone tell me they got a letter....

Newyorker012

Should I ask for transfer

Here is my situation:
My husband's I-140(NIW) was approved in Jan 05, his I-485 then was transferred to Boston(he works in Boston), and my I-485 transferred to New York (I work in NY). Now I am moving back to Boston in 2 weeks for a new job. what should I do now? should I ask NY office to transfer my file to Boston? if yes, how? write to them?

Can I leave my case in NY? (though this may not be my decision). when they find out themselves that I have moved, will they transfer my file to Boston? what is the rule here?

Anyone has similar experience please share. thanks

Interview letter receiced

Hi,

I haven't been on a forum for quite some time so hello everybody.
On 5/22/05 finally I received ID along with finger print notice.
FP 6/14
ID 6/29

I think that my EAD renewal triggered ID since ID date would be exactly 90 days to go to NYC Office to get iEAD.

SIDK