New York City Transfers

How can you tell the difference between IO and Imm. Officer? When they send you to the 8th floor with the green form, who are those people up there, information or immigration?

Our case was transferred from VSC to NY in Feb 2005. By April 2005 they were not able track our file in computer.

Now I am planning to change job. My current employer is my green card sponsorer and it is in New York City. The prospect employer is in NJ. Do I have to fill AC21 and will there be any complications?

Thanks for any help/advice.

Hi

Hey Folks

Sorry, long time no see, How is everything going with everyone, Any new info from anyone regarding interviews....

Newyorker012

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey Folks

Good Morning,

Howz everyone doing here, I hope things are looking up for everyone....
Please update if any new info around here.

Newyorker012

Infopass Experience - Federal Plaza

Immigrations' lack of customer service is sickening. I had an 8:30 appontment at Federal Plaza (made it via infopass) and got there 15 minutes early. waited 2.5 hrs for my turn. I was sitting near the two windows that were handling the "application information" cases (which i had) And these two Immigration Information Officer ladies were hungry/angry bulldogs. i observed 15 people ahead of my go up to the window and get verbally assaulted by them... My turn came, i was sweating bullets, went up to the window with a fake smile and said, "How are u, my 485 case has been pending since Oct 2002 and 4-6 months overdue... can you please tell me what can be done about it... and i have finger printed twice and the case was transfered from Vermont to NY Federal plaza on februray 2005" She says "You can't do anything, you just have to wait, every case is different so don't focus on the published processing dates" that was the end of it... i didn't want to do the "but... but... but" because i knew she would rip me to shreds in an annoyingly loud volume.

I think these two officers were giving eachother high-fives after every victim... I left the building more frustrated than i was when i went in.

USCIS is the ultimate example of public policy gone wrong where enforcement mind-set overrides customer service... their motto of "Respect and Integrity" seems to be what they demand from the customers, and they offer quiet the opposite to the customers...

I hope your experiences are more positive and fruitful...

Hints/tips/encouragement/flames all welcome :eek:

EAD Renewal (Where to file papers)

Hi All

My employment based 485 was transfered from VSC to NYC office. I need to apply for EAD renewal. Can anyone please make it clear, where i need to apply. NYC or Chicago ????

thanks
Tasneem

laborpain said:
"How are u, my 485 case has been pending since Oct 2002 and 4-6 months overdue... can you please tell me what can be done about it... and i have finger printed twice and the case was transfered from Vermont to NY Federal plaza on februray 2005"

I think that's a wrong opening line. You have to make them believe that your GC delay will have some cosequences for them. Also keep in mind that those are just information officers you are talking to, they are not making any decisions.

international travel

Can someone help me?

Can I have an international travel (using AP) before I485 interview?
Or If I delay the international travel after I485 interview, can I use the stamped passport to enter USA? As far as I know, INS may collect the unused AP before they stamp your passport.

infopass appt

Team,

Today we went to Fed plaza to inquire our i485 case. Waiter for 3.5 hours and our token was called in. Spoke to IIO and gave our 485 receipt.
IIO inputted our A numbers and found last update in their system in 'Transfer notice sent'. She also told that since it is employment based interview, she cannot give us the timeline. We are not sure weather Fed plaza recd our files. Came home with disappointment. Waiting saga continues...

Thougt this info will find useful.

Regards,

Hi Laborpain,
I am sorry for what you had to endure at the CIS. It seems like a "deja vu" for me. I think that you should contact your congressman. I contcated him on February 2005.
My case was transfered in July 2004. I went to to federal Plaza twice and nothing. The third time they told me that my file was transfered on the 29th of March and it is on the line for interview.
I went to my congresman office and they told me the same. My case was received in NYC on the 29th of March. They also told me they are looking at it because we contacted them. I do not know if it is tru but I think that you should contact you congresman any way. You have nothibg to loose (no talking about the time issue).
Hope this helps.

congressman's contact info

NY-NIW said:
aghlen,

Where can I find congressman's contact info.? Thanks!
Hi,
You need to go to http://www.house.gov
You will type your zip code and it will give you their address and phone number.
Send them a letter with pertienent copies ie I-485 AND TRANSFER receipt copies. Then follow up with a call. They might ask you to come in in person. I hope this will help.

Hey folks

I got an update, A friend of mine EB3 (245i) transferred in december 2004 to federal plaza RD October 2003 got his interview letter to be interviewed in June at garden city.. How cool is that

NewYorker012

Is it by cahnce or he has done something

Hi NewYorker012,
Did your friend contact a congrresman or so or did he follow up on his case or it is judt pure luck?

Thanks

Aghlen

Name check

Hi Everyone

I was reading the posted messages and noticed that some of you are waiting for name check as well. I had my interview last Tuesday and the officer told me that he cannot stamp my passport because my name check is not done. I had my fingerprints taken last September. How long do I still have to wait? :confused:

I-140 ND Apr 2001
AD Nov 2002

I-485 ND Dec 2002

First FP March 2003
2. FP May 2003
3. FP September 2004

TD November 2004
ID May 17 2005