New York City Transfers

Sending EAD or AP

I had the same problem as midisland2004. I sent my EAD and AP papers to federal plaza and they were returned to me. I could not figure out where to send them so I applied online. The nice thing about that is that you get a receipt date at the moment of appliacation and after 3 months you go to federal plaza with and infopass appointment (for cases that exceed 3 months) and they issue the EAD that same day.

I hope this helps midisland2004

midisland2004 said:
Hi NY-NIW,
My case is similar to yours (NIW). How long did it take for you to receive the receipt notice of your EAD renewal? I mailed my renewal to Chicago on April 25, I used certified mail, not even receive the return slip yet (I guess they have not open my mail yet). my current one will be expiring by the end of July. worry about if I can get the new one before the expiration date.

Thanks

I think Chicago address should be used for family based applications. For EB applications, we should still be sending all applications to Vermont , which wil then be transferred to NYC office as happened with my AP application.

Midisland2004,

After I received the returned package from NYC, I mailed out my EAD renewal package to Chicago via certified mail on Feb.5 /05. The ND date is Feb.18/2005 and I received the receipt notice on Feb.23. I did the biometric on Feb.26/05, it was then approved on 3/31/05. Card was received on Apr. 9/2005.

Good luck!

EAD renewal

NY-NIW said:
Midisland2004,

After I received the returned package from NYC, I mailed out my EAD renewal package to Chicago via certified mail on Feb.5 /05. The ND date is Feb.18/2005 and I received the receipt notice on Feb.23. I did the biometric on Feb.26/05, it was then approved on 3/31/05. Card was received on Apr. 9/2005.

Good luck!

NY-NIW,
Thanks for your reply.
What is biometrics? I never did it before.

Biometrics is that they take picture for you and take FP for your right index as well. The new EAD card has your FP on it. In the receipt notice, I was asked to schedule by phone for this biometrics.

Last edited by a moderator:
Team,

Any good news on Interview letters.

Did anyone know the reason for delay in terms of getting interviews in NYC.

Regards,

It is near the Brooklyn Bridge/City Hall station on the 4,5. It's right before the ramp goes into the bridge.

mygc1012 said:
I have an appointment at Federal Plaza immig office for travel documents. Can someone tell me what train to take from Uptown ?

Thanks

thanks dealia. I actually went on 05-04-05. I just went in, picked the documents and returned. They didnot let me enquire about 485. I was told I should take an appointment.

Hi goankar, My Infopass appointment is scheduled for tommorow May 10th, I will post my experience as soon as I am back from federal plaza.

Hi Everyone,

I came back from federal plaza in disappointed way. Immigration Information officer (IIO) informed me that he cannot track my file in computer and that no file was transferred to them.

When I told him that during my last info pass appointment IIO has confirmed receiving my file in august, 04. he told me that as of now computer shows no track of file, then he asked me fill out green form (Inquiry form) and told me to come back after 3 to 4 weeks to find out status of this inquiry....

I had appointment for 7AM, reached there at 7:15 went to 3rd floor room 310 from there they gave me number and asked me go on room 3-120 (on same floor). I was out by 8:15.

TDWAIT,

Thanks for the update.
What information did you take when going to Fed Plaza. And moreover what information did you gave to IIO.

Regards,

Do not worry...

TDWAIT

It is possible that your file is being processed and may have been taken off the computer .. maybe..

You may get intereview letter soon.. that is what my guess..

wait couple of days... if you do not receive anything in the mail.. contact congressman or senator.

Wishing you all the best...

I will be going to Fed Plaza next Tuesday to find out what is in store for me.

Info Pass

Goankar

Last time when I went, I took I-485 receipt notice, Transfre notice and Employment Card for ID purpose. Thinking of taking the same again on May 17th.

Thanks Akbari and Goankar,

Goankar, I took receipt of I-485, Approval of I-140, current case status print out from INS website, passport copy and previous EAD copies.
He only asked for copy of I-485, further when he was not able to trace my file I showed him print out of my current status which said that my case was transferred to NY in April, 04.
Please note that inorder for you to enter the building you should have valid ID(Passport, Driving License or EAD)

Akbari all the best for may 17th.

Thanks TDWAIT, AKBARI for your inputs.

TDWAIT, are we allowed to talk to IO or just IIO alone.

Is there any ways to talk to Immig officer.

Any insight.

Regards,

Goankar, I think we can only talk to IIO, If there is something which IIO do not have an answer then they may call their supervisors for help.

Anyone in forum have different experience??