02/05/2011 :YL Received
04/29/2011 : Case sent to local off.
05/07/2011 : Interview Letter
06/07/2011: Interview Date / OATH LETTER
-/-/2011: Oath & USC
-/-/2011: Passport Application@post office
-/-/2011 (x): Passport Received

Finally, case status update

Today both mine and my wife's cases have been updated with status - "Tranferred to local office for interview".
Now the wait begins for Interview letter.

I just became American citizen today! It was a long, long process at 100 Pearl Street but yes, there was a judge who shook hands with everyone of us as we went up to collect our certificates. 150 people in all, they said.

Glad it's over. Got too late for the passport today but will get it on Monday.

I just became American citizen today! It was a long, long process at 100 Pearl Street but yes, there was a judge who shook hands with everyone of us as we went up to collect our certificates. 150 people in all, they said.

Glad it's over. Got too late for the passport today but will get it on Monday.
Wow, congratulations

Congrats to everyone. I'm still waiting for my OL. I called tier 2 again and they again told me the same thing (case approved.....waiting for scheduling). I guess it depends on the agent.

Carmelo- I think you just had a lazy officer perhaps who's sitting on a bunch of files that need to be checked off. How annoying. I was a bit nervous on the oath day because I'd left the country right after my interview and only returned the day before the oath. I was questioned on it and I tried to be as nonchallant as I could when asked how long, where and why I was gone. But seemed to be fine after that.

You should get your ID letter very soon. I am also Holtsville and I got mine 2 or 3 days after Case Transferred update.

Ours should be in Holtsville too. Just received YL, nothing more though. One of my colleagues wife got approved after two interviews there and as he said, but the experiences were far from good. This wait is always bad and that was the exact reason I didnt apply for Citizenship for past 4 years.

Ours should be in Holtsville too. Just received YL, nothing more though. One of my colleagues wife got approved after two interviews there and as he said, but the experiences were far from good. This wait is always bad and that was the exact reason I didnt apply for Citizenship for past 4 years.

What kind of experiences did your friend's wife had with this center. Even we were treated very badly when we went for Finger prints.

The wait continues, just came back from an info pass appointment to check on my case and was told that my I am still on the queue for an interview. My case has not been transfered yet to the local office and apparently interviews dates are assigned by the computer, once you get on the queue. The IO told me that they are working on cases filed in January, so she said I could get an interview date very soon but she does not when exactly. No other choice, but to wait. My DO is Federal Plaza.

The wait continues, just came back from an info pass appointment to check on my case and was told that my I am still on the queue for an interview. My case has not been transfered yet to the local office and apparently interviews dates are assigned by the computer, once you get on the queue. The IO told me that they are working on cases filed in January, so she said I could get an interview date very soon but she does not when exactly. No other choice, but to wait. My DO is Federal Plaza.

In my observation and from speaking to an officer in Garden City about this. The computer keeps trying to schedule an interview when there is a next appointment available to you in the next 4-6 weeks.

liker:

My experience at Holtsville was awesome, way better than my dealings with Federal Plaza and Garden City. At Holtsville, you get the impression that everyone there are actually happy to work there and help you, happy to answer your questions and friendly as well unlike the Fed Plz/GC employees who seem fed up with us "dumb immigrants".

In my observation and from speaking to an officer in Garden City about this. The computer keeps trying to schedule an interview when there is a next appointment available to you in the next 4-6 weeks.

liker:

My experience at Holtsville was awesome, way better than my dealings with Federal Plaza and Garden City. At Holtsville, you get the impression that everyone there are actually happy to work there and help you, happy to answer your questions and friendly as well unlike the Fed Plz/GC employees who seem fed up with us "dumb immigrants".
Oh I see, but don't understand why the computer schedule interviews for some people who filed 3 to 6 weeks after me. I even asked the IO about that, and she said does not know why,. I will keep my fingers crossed, hoping for something to change very soon.

Oh I see, but don't understand why the computer schedule interviews for some people who filed 3 to 6 weeks after me. I even asked the IO about that, and she said does not know why,. I will keep my fingers crossed, hoping for something to change very soon.

Its hard to say for sure. But to compare cases with another is not black and white. There are alot of variables involved. Different fingerprint dates, different transferred to local office dates, RFE dates, internal review dates, etc would be a few of my guesses of where cases with similar applied date can go longer or quicker than others.

I just called the 800 number because I am really anal and I like to be on top of things or maybe I should find better things to do.

I spoke to Tier 1 who gave me some generic information and then I asked to speak to Tier 2 who was extremely helpful. Tier 2 told me, a supervisor approved my case ONLY TODAY (even though my interviewing officer said no one else had to approve it - maybe was a power trip). Tier 2 said that he sees the case as officially approved but not on queue for computer to schedule the oath, which he said is normally done in 1 step. He said to give until the end of the week and call back if I don't receive anything in the mail. The dude was really nice and all I had to tell him was that the interviewing officer told me I would they would be sending the letter the next day following my interview because was past 3pm they could not give me on the same day.

Last edited by a moderator:
Its hard to say for sure. But to compare cases with another is not black and white. There are alot of variables involved. Different fingerprint dates, different transferred to local office dates, RFE dates, internal review dates, etc would be a few of my guesses of where cases with similar applied date can go longer or quicker than others.
I agree , there are a lot of variables to take into account