New York City - N-400 Timeline - Naturalization Experiences

I am really surprised by the quality of USCIS Customer Service (800# and Holtsville).

I received a voice mail today on my cell saying they had trouble sending me my oath letter and the mail was returned to them by post office.

They went over the oath information with me on the phone and faxed me the letter.

Do you mean Selective Service System (SSS) or Social Security Administration (SSA) ?

If its Social Security, try calling the 800 # and find out what is all about, if its Selective Service, you are probably reading the generic letter they sent to everyone regarding the interview instructions and what to bring. This particular item does not apply to female applicants.

Yes I meant Selective Service. Well if it doesnt apply to Females then it should be alright. Thanks for the info.

My wife received her interview letter yesterday, so 50% good news so far. But the interview letter is asking for any evidence related to SSA registration, well she never registered for it as she was more than 25 when she got her GC. What do we do now, ignore or we have to get some documentation to prove it was not required?

Both me and my wife got letters yesterday. We were travelling so could not check mail for couple of days. Interview is on Jun13th.

I am really surprised by the quality of USCIS Customer Service (800# and Holtsville).

I received a voice mail today on my cell saying they had trouble sending me my oath letter and the mail was returned to them by post office.

They went over the oath information with me on the phone and faxed me the letter.

I wonder this has anything to do with my complaint a month ago :) We suprisingly had a bad rep when we went for FP. We actually reported this through our lawyer. I am glad people are getting good treatment there.

Finally, received interview letter today, date set for June 16 at federal Plaza.
The interview letter came from NBC, not from local office, is that the way goes?

just got my interview letter

12/31/2010 N-400 sent
01/31/2011 fingerprints done
05/10/2011 online status changed to testing and interview
05/14/2011 interview letter
06/15/2011 interview date

i never got the yellow letter. should i call them or just bring everything with me on the interview day?

i never got the yellow letter. should i call them or just bring everything with me on the interview day?

no need to call. just keep your state issued ID and everything else that they ask for on the interview letter.
Govt issued ID is the only thing 90% of time time that's required to bring on a yellow letter. you don't even have to have the yellow letter in hand to go to the interview.

Wow, finally after my interview on Dec 1st 2010, I received a text message just now saying my case status have changed. When I go to the USCIS website to check the status of my case it says that they mailed out my Oath Ceremony Letter today. Finally I'm excited and also expecting a baby girl this week. I just don't know how my case took so long ever since applying for my GC.

Last edited by a moderator:
Wow, finally after my interview on Dec 1st 2010, I received a text message just now saying my case status have changed. When I go to the USCIS website to check the status of my case it says that they mailed out my Oath Ceremony Letter today. Finally I'm excited and also expecting a baby girl this week. I just don't know how my case took so long ever since applying for my GC.

Got the same status update and LUD today even though they sent the oath notice last week.

Congrats! Thats a long wait.

Woo, that is about 7 months wait.
But congrats.
Finally is over.
I will file mine early of next month, kind of nervous.

Thanks, congrats jdawg9 too. We might get the same oath day who knows lol. Theory611, everything should go through just fine... problem comes when people have to wait months and others get theirs oath letter withing weeks of interview, that's when you scratch your head.

Thanks, congrats jdawg9 too. We might get the same oath day who knows lol. Theory611, everything should go through just fine... problem comes when people have to wait months and others get theirs oath letter withing weeks of interview, that's when you scratch your head.

I think the delays after interviews on straight forward cases is probably lazy officers and supervisors sitting around on files waiting to be approved or check over. Is sad that you were approved in December is doing the oath just now, around the same time with me who mailed the N400 application in December. However, the nice part about this is not to have to deal with the USCIS ever again. So when its done for us, it will feel like a huge relief (specially for you).

Has anyone requested for IRS trascripts (IRS 1722 letter)? I called the IRS and they said that they only provide them for 4 years - current year plus previous 3 years. One of the items on the list of documents that i need to provide is the IRS transcript for the past 5 years. Has anyone had to do this and how did they go about getting information for the 5th year? I have my interview set for June 14.

Has anyone requested for IRS trascripts (IRS 1722 letter)? I called the IRS and they said that they only provide them for 4 years - current year plus previous 3 years. One of the items on the list of documents that i need to provide is the IRS transcript for the past 5 years. Has anyone had to do this and how did they go about getting information for the 5th year? I have my interview set for June 14.

Why do you need to bring tax transcripts ?

Maybe you need to pay for the 5th year tax transcript? I am sure IRS has all your tax record.