New York City - N-400 Timeline - Naturalization Experiences

Your interview is about a week before than mine. If the time is morning, and if all is clear, you may get oath letter the same day - please keep us updated. Good luck.

interesting. you sent in your application earlier than but have a later interview date.

interesting. you sent in your application earlier than but have a later interview date.

Yes; there's no order guaranteed. sh1996 also is earlier than you; but he hasn't got any interview letter.

are you going to get tax transcripts for the interview?

Yes. I have transcripts for 2007, 2006, 2005, and a letter mentioning "they don't have 2004 transcripts. I am waiting for a few days before requesting 2008 transcripts. As you can see, I don't have last 5-years transcripts, but will have last 4-years. Mine is "national interest waiver" based greencard (not marriage-based). I don't have longer trips ourside the US, so I don't expect them asking for these transcripts, but one never knows, especially at the NYC office.

I and my wife both have interviews the same day and same time. I am not sure if two separate sets of identical douments would be needed or not. For example, birth certificate of kids, IRS transcripts, etc. are all documents common to both of us.

Yes; there's no order guaranteed. sh1996 also is earlier than you; but he hasn't got any interview letter.

Yes. I have transcripts for 2007, 2006, 2005, and a letter mentioning "they don't have 2004 transcripts. I am waiting for a few days before requesting 2008 transcripts. As you can see, I don't have last 5-years transcripts, but will have last 4-years. Mine is "national interest waiver" based greencard (not marriage-based). I don't have longer trips ourside the US, so I don't expect them asking for these transcripts, but one never knows, especially at the NYC office.

I and my wife both have interviews the same day and same time. I am not sure if two separate sets of identical douments would be needed or not. For example, birth certificate of kids, IRS transcripts, etc. are all documents common to both of us.

I would definitely have two separate sets of documents for the big day. Chances are you guys will be seen by two different officers.

BTW, should we worry about STATE tax transcripts at all?

BTW, should we worry about STATE tax transcripts at all?

I am not taking those. I haven't looked into how to get these. Mostly, they ask for IRS transcripts only from what I have heard/read. But of course, if you want to play extremely safe, better to take state transcripts.

Hi, your application is quite close to mine:)

03/16/09: N-400 Application Mailed to Lewisville Lockbox
03/19/09: Priority Date
03/31/09: Check cashed
04/01/09: NOA Received (I-797C)
04/07/09: Fingerprint notice received
04/18/09: Scheduled Fingerprint Appointment

Yes it is... Keep on updating, and lets hope we get interview letter ASAP after doing fingerprints...

Hello Jigesh & Kiev

I have the same time line as yours and still waiting for an interview letter. I called customer service and they have indicated that my file is still in NBC and they are not willing to give out information except asking to wait. Does the file get transferred to the local location after the interview letter is sent out. My basis for citizenship is family based. Any feedback would be appreciated.
Thanks

..Does the file get transferred to the local location after the interview letter is sent out...

That's my assumption - don't know for sure. Interview letter comes from NBC, they might be sending out file to local office the same day or later.

That's my assumption - don't know for sure. Interview letter comes from NBC, they might be sending out file to local office the same day or later.

Jigesh,
When I checked my case status online it does say that the file is at NBC. Is it possible for you to check your case online and see what it says. Your reply is apprecaited
Thanks

I have the same time line as yours and still waiting for an interview letter. I called customer service and they have indicated that my file is still in NBC and they are not willing to give out information except asking to wait. Does the file get transferred to the local location after the interview letter is sent out. My basis for citizenship is family based. Any feedback would be appreciated.
Thanks

I was told by a second level IO that your interview gets scheduled first (at NBC), then the file gets transferred to your district office. Don't know if it's a matter of days or weeks -- interview dates seems to be about a month to a month and a half after the interview letter date. I'm still waiting too. :(

Jigesh,
When I checked my case status online it does say that the file is at NBC. Is it possible for you to check your case online and see what it says. Your reply is apprecaited
Thanks

Same as yours. As mentioned in my signature, no change in online status and last update date (lud).

Just called the 1800 to ask for update and received the same rubbish response "your case is waiting for supervisor review. Please allow 2 more weeks before we can open a service request for you."
So I'm not even waiting for the oath letter but rather waiting for someone to take a look at my case.

I hate this waiting bull they put on me. Maybe there are others wait longer but I'm getting close to 1 year since filling now.

Hello everyone, I am new to this forum and I need your help before USCIS schedules me for an interview. I entered the U.S. illegally in 1992 at the age of 12. I was detained briefly by INS and then released to my legal guardian which was my aunt (mother and father deceased). Basically, I was an orphaned. I became a permanent resident in 2004 through a law passed by congress for a group of Haitians (Haitian Refugee Immigration Fairness Act). However, when I sent my naturalization application in about 2 months ago I answered NO to question 16 in part 10 section D "Have you ever been been arrested, cited, or detained by any law enforcement officer (including USCIS or former INS and military officers) for any reason?". I was thinking because I was a minor at the time this occurs it doesn't really count. What am I suppose to do now? Should I change the answer during my interview and explain the IO that I misunderstood the question? This worry me so much that they might deny my application I can't even sleep now. Please help me!

Hello everyone, I am new to this forum and I need your help before USCIS schedules me for an interview. I entered the U.S. illegally in 1992 at the age of 12. I was detained briefly by INS and then released to my legal guardian which was my aunt (mother and father deceased). Basically, I was an orphaned. I became a permanent resident in 2004 through a law passed by congress for a group of Haitians (Haitian Refugee Immigration Fairness Act). However, when I sent my naturalization application in about 2 months ago I answered NO to question 16 in part 10 section D "Have you ever been been arrested, cited, or detained by any law enforcement officer (including USCIS or former INS and military officers) for any reason?". I was thinking because I was a minor at the time this occurs it doesn't really count. What am I suppose to do now? Should I change the answer during my interview and explain the IO that I misunderstood the question? This worry me so much that they might deny my application I can't even sleep now. Please help me!

Do not worry about this. Just tell the interviewing officer about your story.

March 2009 Submissions

Hello Everyone, Here is my updated

N-400 Posted: 03/17/2009 -- Filed in Missouri
Priority Date: 03/24/2009
Fingerprinting Notice Received: 04/06/2009
Fingerprinting Date: 04/22/2009 ==> Hicksville, NY

Dear Forum Members,

I am planning to apply for PP next week.

I got Nat Cert today 4/3 after the oath and N-400 online case status still show case received and pending.

Will it impact the delivery of passport or it does not matter??

Thanks a lot for all the help.

Don't worry about what it says online-status. Most of time it always says about being pending. It's because USCIS doesn't always update the information once a case is donem bu State Department knows very well where to contact to find out if one is a US citizen or not, either by birth or by naturalization.

I see no timeline on your case and not by some members as well (Funky brother is one of them). It would be helpful to others if you and other members can add timeline with district office and location of your place.

Congratulation...Good job...

N-400 question and parole

My citizenship interview is coming up, and I have a question related to N-400 question 20 under Good Character: "Have you ever received a suspended sentence, placed on probation, or been paroled." I have never been involved with the police, but some years ago I was given immigration parole at the border. Does this kind of parole count under this category?

I had answered no to this question when I filled out the form, thinking it referred to police matters. If the answer should be yes I am concerned tht I may have filled this out incorrectly. What should I do?