New York City - N-400 Timeline - Naturalization Experiences

So after my infopass today, they told me my case is under a supervisors hand and that I have to wait 120 days (1 month more) and then I can request a hearing or inquire about the status again.. For other people that went through this, what would be the process after 120 days w/o receiving my oath of ceremony letter?

Last edited by a moderator:

Could you please post the link to the IRS web site where you have the option to order via the web.

nnanz,

I'm sorry but I need to have 15 posts or more before I can post links. I tried but I am unable to do so.

I received my interview letter today. Very happy!!!

Does anyone know how often oath ceremonies are held in Brooklyn? I was interviewed at Garden City, and was told they have dates Monday-Friday or something. Is this true?

nnanz,

I'm sorry but I need to have 15 posts or more before I can post links. I tried but I am unable to do so.

I received my interview letter today. Very happy!!!

Good luck to you for your interview, carmelo.

No worries on the link, I was able to find it based on justfiled's response above.

Thank you nnanz. I'm studying hard. I've already got 28 questions memorized. LOL! I should do fine on the reading and writing.

hi carmelo - what date is your interview. i received my YL letter about 2 weeks after you - am thinking my ID is probably going to be two weeks after yours as well. Thanks!

Thanks Vorpal. I guess that's what the IO said (Cadman Plaza, I presume?). So, they actually can approve the application and schedule a quick oath date this month (after my lawsuit). Are oath ceremonies in Brooklyn pretty quick?

Thanks Vorpal. I guess that's what the IO said (Cadman Plaza, I presume?). So, they actually can approve the application and schedule a quick oath date this month (after my lawsuit). Are oath ceremonies in Brooklyn pretty quick?

Correct. The Brooklyn oaths are done at Cadman Plaza. Unfortunately, they are anything but quick. As it takes a while to organize everyone's naturalization certificates and collect paperwork, don't expect to be out until 12:30 or so. The oath ceremony itself is about 10 minutes, it's the paperwork organization that takes a while.

Thank you nnanz. I'm studying hard. I've already got 28 questions memorized. LOL! I should do fine on the reading and writing.

Studying already?? Now I'm scared. Mine is on the 29th and I haven't touched the book. Yikes. I better get going. How long before interview did each of you started studying?

Studying already?? Now I'm scared. Mine is on the 29th and I haven't touched the book. Yikes. I better get going. How long before interview did each of you started studying?

Couple of suggestions that worked for me or made the learning process easier and more efficient:

1. The Civics flash cards available on USCIS's web site: http://www.uscis.gov/USCIS/Office%20of%20Citizenship/Citizenship%20Resource%20Center%20Site/Publications/PDFs/M-623_red_slides.pdf

2. Playing the CD that came with the study guide in you car or on your PC in random order[shuffle].

im so mad...all these people here ahve interview line up and they send their application in DEC

what about people who send their app earlier...like ME!! in OCTOBER!!!

the lady told me that im in lline for an interview SINCE NOVEMBER 18 and..they cant do anything until march 18 because its not 180 dats yet.

that's crazy

Woo! My N400 has been approved and my oath date is the 31st! A year after I applied!

Cafe, congratulation on the great conclusion to your case. I read your thread and I am very happy that you got your citizenship finally. Can you update your thread with details of your journey where you left it. It could be helpful to those who should file under 1447(b). Also I hope you stick around after you become USC. Good luck my friend.

Which thread, the national security clearance? I will update the lawsuit thread for sure, and I think I did update the national security clearance thread, no? Thanks for the wishes, and I will definitely stick around, though I am known to say things without knowing for sure, hehe.

So, my oath ceremony is on a Thursday at 8:30. The website of NY's Eastern District Court says about 100 people are naturalised each time. At what time can I expect to be done? I want to make an appointment at a passport center. And, do you know if they will issue me with a larger passport book, and if I can apply for the passport card there too?

Last edited by a moderator:
Which thread, the national security clearance? I will update the lawsuit thread for sure, and I think I did update the national security clearance thread, no? Thanks for the wishes, and I will definitely stick around, though I am known to say things without knowing for sure, hehe.

So, my oath ceremony is on a Thursday at 8:30. The website of NY's Eastern District Court says about 100 people are naturalised each time. At what time can I expect to be done? I want to make an appointment at a passport center. And, do you know if they will issue me with a larger passport book, and if I can apply for the passport card there too?

If you did that is cool, I will look it up. Thanks. As to the times I don't know I am not from your DO (CT here) But find out the quickest route from the ceremony location to the passport agency just in case.

As to the passport, card, and extra pages you can apply for them all at the same time. Go to department of state page and under travel tap you will find passport link with all the info you need, I recommend downloading and printing the application also I think you might need pics.

So, you think the passport agency will have larger booklets and will let me apply for the passport card there too? I don't care if they mail the card later. I just need to apply for a visa ASAP.

Well, You will be an american citizen and a lot of countries will let you have a visa upon arrival for a fee, go back to the state website under travel tap you should get all the info to the country you are visiting, also you can call the embassy of that country and inquire. As to the passport call their number at 1-877-487-2778...

Thanks. Yeah, I'm excited not to have to apply for a visa ALL the time. I called the passport agency, and the girl was a bit of a dunce. I asked if they'll have a stock of larger booklets at a Passport Agency (not by mail) and she said that the fine print says it's recommended for those who have had to add pages to their passport in the past, so since I will be a first-time applicant, I could TRY to apply for it, but it will be up to the agent. I explained that I have had to add pages to my NON-US passport before, and that I intend to travel a lot, hence the need for a larger booklet, but she was thick. Anyway, I'm sure I can explain why I'm requesting a larger booklet.