New US Passport Application Forms form Feb 1, 2011

trackN4002010

Registered Users (C)
Hey, saw this only on the US gov passport page. There was a link but I can not post it. Maybe someone with more posts can !!!

New passport forms will be available beginning February 1, 2011

Before February 1, submit your passport application using the current forms. The new forms should be used for all applications submitted on or after February 1.

Travel.State.Gov and all passport facilities will make the new forms available on February 1, 2011.
www travel.state.gov/passport/passport_5214.html

Last edited by a moderator:
What are the changes?

Do you know what changes are coming? Is it better to apply before or after February 1st? Do you know if there will be a change in the cost on February 1st also?

Likely some minor format changes on new form. Nothing "better", just updated. The cost remains the same for now.

Hopefully they add the option for the larger 52 page booklet. Many don't know that you can ask for it at no additional cost, but you have to add a cover letter in order to get it.

Hopefully they add the option for the larger 52 page booklet. Many don't know that you can ask for it at no additional cost, but you have to add a cover letter in order to get it.

Now this is news to me. I looked it up and now see it here. I wish I had known about this earlier but will remember this for future reference.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah, it's damn stupid that it was never on the application. When page additions were free, it wasn't that big a deal, but now with the $80+ fee for that, this will be valuable.

I am confused. Are the extra pages free if you are applying for new passport?? Don't you still have to pay $82 to get those extra pages??