New TSC Discussion - January 31, 2002

Aren\'t you proud ....

Aren\'t you proud my friend... You have a friend who is like Einstein....

I am so glad that KP\'s thing came out to be a misunderstanding...

KP -- Good to know that it was a %$%^$^ error

Hope you get your final approval soon .... get the signature and send it back asap ....

GOOD LUCK ----KP

KP, Good Luck , Don\'t worry everything will be all right.
Do they update AVM every day?

Good to hear about your cae KP

I was very sad to see in the morning that one of our brightest guys was having a bad luck. However things are better now.

Anyway, after seeing so much delay in 485, I have changed my mind and going for CP i.e. waiting for P3 to arrive and calling NVC to track my case (my i-140 otion was CP at Mumbai). Thanks a lot Texy for motivating me. I found the CP forum is very active with enthusiatic folks like Rashid. So sooner or later we meet there.

Best of Luck

For Samuk, For CP do we need PCC

For CP do we need PCC from Indian Consulate in US?

If so can we apply while waiting for I-140?

Does it require to send original PP to consulate?

Thanks

Some thing from bottom of my heart

Dear all,

I was realy very worried after I heard about notice of intent to deny the case. Though releived but I am still worried untill I get my approval.

I have a Ph.D. degree and few years ago I had offer from Indian Institute of Technology Delhi, Roorkee and IISc Benglore. But because of some personal reasons I decided to stay here.

I have found people here more helpful and clear about their intention with exception to INS.

Today I found that lots of people are out there who extend support to some one in distress. To be frank we don\'t know each other but even then we care for each other. I don\'t know what it is but wahtever it is it helps.

Guys keep up your sprit higher and higher and we all will sail through this difficult time.

Thanks you all for your support and Generosity.

KP

For KP

The PCC takes about a month\'s time from Indian Consulate.

Once we apply they send for background check to RPO from where the PP was issued. Sometime those RPO sit on such request in India then you need someone to push them.

Some of the Indian Consulate in US let you apply without original pp & when PCC is ready they ask you to bring that in person.

More detailed info is available in CP discussion forum.

With good luck

WatchTSc

PCC info

I am going to apply to Washington, since I am under this consular jusrisdiction.

Here is a very useful link: http://www.immihelp.com/gc/consular/policeindia.html

I called up washiington today. The person said that though the form says $11, the fee has increased to $20 and there is a telex charge of $20. You can apply using copy of your passports. As soon as they get the report they will request you to mail your original passort. I guess I can go there personally to get my passport stamped to avoid trouble. I read about a case where a bunch of passports on the way to Washington for visa revalidation, got lost during Anthrax scare time.

Hope this info helps.

KP ...did u indicate CP as your preference on the I-140 ?

If you did not then I think you would have to file for I-824 and that could take another 3 to 8 months !!!
Also, I believe there is more backlog in Canada than in consulates in India ....
Probably you could do the AC-140 but you need to ask your lawyer on that ....

KP I\'m really glad you can straighten it out.

I was so disappointed reading of your problems. Although it could be better, I\'m glad you\'ll be able to straighten it out.
If you haven\'t been to Montreal yet, its a great city and you\'ll enjoy it. (I was born there).
Ken

No Title

Hi Ken,

Thanks for praying for me. In fact I lived in Montreal for over 3 years. I know it one of the most beautiful cities of North America, cool, calm, no crime and friendly environment.

KP

No Title

Hi im9999, when I got first RFE issued on Dec 12, 01, I was suppose to choose CP or AOS and I have choosen CP. This time again when (tomorrow) I am going to send Univ\'s General Counsel signed documents again I am going to mention about CP in Montreal.

Though I am Indian national but I have landed immigrant status in Canada and it will be lot easier for me to go to Monteral if CP interview falls during semester.

Yes I know Monteral CP takes around 6-8 months after I-140 approval, but it is nothing as compared to 2 yrs wait for I-485.

Any way good luck to you for your RFE, hope soon you will get approval notice.

KP

For KP from Pump

Hi KP,

I am sorry to hear about the fate of your RFE. You have indeed waited for a long time. I used to be an active member of this board long time ago. I remember your postings from then. Even though, I am not really active here, but sometimes I come in to check on your case. I do that simply because of the mutual concerns and feelings for each other. This board was a great inspiration for me when I got an RFE on my case. I came through that, and you will to. Just hang in there and do what needs to be done. I studied at IITK too, and I know that someome getting a position in the Faculty at IITs must definitely have some calibre. I must say that your case was definitely more suited for EB1 category than EB2. Perhaps, that was a mistake right from the beginning.

I hope that your case is all sorted out. Be very careful about what you send to INS. ALways check the documents that your lawyer prepares before sending it to INS. You may be able to catch what your lawyer might miss. It\'s like your fate is in the hands of your lawyer. But, you want to read each and every word of what they prepare on your behalf and personally verify every thing.

Once again, sorry to hear about your case, and I hope that you eventually come out of this nightmare.

No Title

Thanks a lot Pump for visiting your old forum. Thanks for your support. Yes, I know you very well, perhaps you also had RFE during I-140 stage.

Yes, it was my lawyer suggestion to go through LC process and I was new in this game, probably at that time I didn\'t care much about GC. I could have gone through EB1 category.

It is nice to know that you have been in IIT K. I studied in IIT D before moving to Canada and then finally moving to USA.

Hope your I-485 will be approved soon in CSC. From one of your posting I know that you have already completed FP.

Friend world is very small in this cyber age. We keep eyes on each other and we share sadness and happiness together, that is great about this web site.

Wish you good luck with GC process.

KP

KP, My I-485 got approved today!

Hi KP,

I just heard on the AVM that my I-485 got approved on February 4th. It took 3 months from the finger printing date (11/02/2001). So, it seems like the ordeal is finally over for me. The approval notice is in the mail. All in all the I-485 process took 10 months since the receipt date.

Meanwhile, you don\'t lose any hopes. Do what is necessary at this juncture, and fight back to get what is rightfully yours. It is people like yourself who are helping build this nation. My prayers are with you and I know that you will finally prevail because only the strong survive.