New TSC Discussion - January 31, 2002

Please send your e-mails to tsci140@hotmail.com to add/update the TSC I140 tracker. Don\'t just post the details in this forum.

The link to the tracker is:
http://www.mycgiserver.com/~vp0001/

I encourage everyone to post questions/information and not just feelings of frustration. Lets try to keep the forum shorter and more meaningful.

Brief summaries:

1. AVM has not been updated since Dec. 21, 2001.
2. Some late July cases are being processed. There were a few approvals with ND around July 20, 2001. These also seem to be EB3
3. There was another round of case transfer to NSC in late Dec.
4. Some transfered cases with new ND of 12/12/01 in NSC have been approved.
5. The AVM in NSC has been updated. EB3 guys with ND before Sept. 2001 may use your original SRC number to check the AVM in NSC.

Thanks.

Has anyone gotten photo prices yet?

I\'m wondering what a reasonable price is. A place near me has them for $12.95 for the 2. That doesn\'t seem too bad; but with my family I need 12 so that\'s almost $80. Thanks.

Also I noticed on the tracker there are a few approvals that I don\'t think got posted here, so have a look. Some people email Hari but might not post here. There is one RFE approval (Syam) from December 16 that was approved on Jan. 25.

got RFE

I am a silent watcher on this board for 9 months.
now i got my RFE for two things,
1. company financial stmt for 2000(the one i sent along with application was for 1999. 2000 stmts was not available at that time i filled)
2. experience letters from past and current employers.
EB2/RIR
ND:04/27/2001
RFE:01/17/2002
I am really upset now.

No Title

PKalai,Did you not submit your Experience letter from all your past employers at the time of filling I140?

No Title

my experience was with only one employer for 2 years prior to my current employer(3years). I already enclosed everything including exp letter(i mailed the lawyer package). lawyer is not helpful, yesterday only came to know that i got my RFE because i called them to find out what is going on. they got it a week back.
I am so worried, do not know whether i will get my approval or not.
my husband\'s h1b is also expiring this yearend. he has to get his EAD with my 485.

Hi, talked to IIO.

Hi, I talked to IIO yesterday and this morning. Unfortunately, it is the same officer. I just wonder how many officer are there to answer our calls! The officer simply repeated yesterday\'s words and refused to do anything for me. For my case, I sent I-824 to request consular processing. However, TSC approved it for another purpose. I sent 2 fax and 2 letters and called three times. All seem not working. The only way I can do is just waiting. Do you guys know some magical way to solve the problem? I waited for one year to get I-140 approved. But now I am stuck in I-824. Half year has passed. Some person with the same approval date has aleady got their green card. But for me, nothing.

Hope for best.

KP that would be the American Automobile Association

David, perhaps you know if you need to be a member of the association for the photos. I\'m not a member. Thanks.

No Title

If you want to qulaify for EB2 you should have Masters degree or BS+ 5 yrs experience prior to the current employer.

For pkalai

As I understand that your experience with current employer will not be accounted unless your company has proposed to offer differnt & higher postion on the basis of your present position.

Sometimes INS not very picky on this.

Thanks

WatchTSC and Texy are correct

From my immigration handbook...
If you are already working for your employer, you are not permitted to count the experience gained on your current job towards the experience required for the position if you will be doing the same job.

An immigration lawyer should know this.

No Title

you can take INS style pictures at Excerd drug store / kinkos and I guess even at Walgreens

This is going to be a little bit tuff

I remember I\'ve talked to my lawyer about this before, and got it crystal clear that your experience with your current employer doesn\'t count. Your attorney should know that before he or she put you in EB2 category.

No Title

guys i have masters degree, 5yrs exp as of now.
2 yr from previous employer (this what i have showed it in labor for EB2). please guide me friends.

Thx,
kalai

You need 3 yrs experience not 2 yrs

As far as i know, if you have a masters degree, you still need 3 years experience prior to your current job to position yourself into EB2 category. INS only looks at your experience from your previous employer not the current one. I think you need to consult with your attorney and see if you can work something out.

No Title

I know a friend who has got a Masters Degree and less than 2 yrs of experience, still he is about to get his GC in EB2 category.I guess PKalai\'s lawyer must have not submitted Masters Certificate to INS and that would have made them think that she is BS + 5 Yrs category.

For Gking

I don\'t think only a Masters degreee is sufficient for you to jump into EB2. This is especially true when you start the LC process. In PKalai\'s case, she was lucky to pass through the first stage. However, INS doesn\'t have to grant with every decision made by DOL, and it\'ll possiably re-exam everything by the rule written in the docs. Well, I don\'t want to be too conservative about this. You know, it might be handled on the case by case basis or perhaps you also need to put your bet on a friendly immigration officer. My whole point is to make things go as smoothly as possible. What difference does it make in term of EB2 and EB3? The doors are all opening right now. Just find a door that fit you the most.

No Title

Thanks KGH,

I hole premier membership of triple A. I will try to get photos from them prity good price.

KP

pkalai, It all depends on LC

If in your LC & requirement of postion per ads enclosed in LC says MS with 2 yrs experience than you are OK