Receive & Priority Date: July 07, 2008
FP Notice Date: July 15, 2008
FP Date: July 29, 2008
Interview Notice Date: Oct 2, 2008
Interview Date: Oct 27, 2008
Approval Granted: Oct 27, 2008
Oath Date: Oct 30, 2008
DONE DEAL: Oct 30, 2008

I took my oath today at the district court. If anybody has any questions regarding oath, especially in San Antonio, let me know. Thanks.

congrats.. lucky u.. i'm still waiting to get my oath letter. kinda frustrated for myself considering i had my interview almost a month ago. i made an infopass appnt on 24th as i haven't received anything for either 23rd or 30th. but i can only talk to an IO downstairs and she wasn't any help "unless it's over 120 after my interview blah blah.....". there's 4 more oath dates in November. i doubt i'm gonna get on any of those either.

longhorns said:
congrats.. lucky u.. i'm still waiting to get my oath letter. kinda frustrated for myself considering i had my interview almost a month ago. i made an infopass appnt on 24th as i haven't received anything for either 23rd or 30th. but i can only talk to an IO downstairs and she wasn't any help "unless it's over 120 after my interview blah blah.....". there's 4 more oath dates in November. i doubt i'm gonna get on any of those either.

I am sorry to hear that. I wish I can give some original suggestion, but I have none except go to the office and keep inquiring and hoping that you get somebody willing to find out about your oath. I am happy that I got my oath so quickly (if I had not kept my ears open about the oath on 30th, I probably would be waiting too), but it seems unfair that its not a FIFO oath scheduling.

I am sorry to hear that. I wish I can give some original suggestion, but I have none except go to the office and keep inquiring and hoping that you get somebody willing to find out about your oath. I am happy that I got my oath so quickly (if I had not kept my ears open about the oath on 30th, I probably would be waiting too), but it seems unfair that its not a FIFO oath scheduling.

actually they have their own mind set so lifo, fifo won't work. they scheduled those two dates on or after sept 25th. so i couldn't request the officer to give me the oath letter after the interview that was on sept 23rd. he was nice enough to assure me that i'll get in to the very first available oath and my dumbass was stupid enough to believe USCIS could be so nice. according to the IO the interviewing officer already approved the case but waiting on final approval from his supervisor. anyways i'll wait 120 days before making another attempt as it would be pointless. either way i'm happy for all of guys who got their oath done on time, kinda jealous though.

I did my FP yesterday, it went smoth, i drove 3 hours to San Antonio. My FP letter said my appointment was for 2 p.m. and i arrived at 12:45 p.m. and the officer said i could take it earlier. So i fill out the form and as soon as i gave it back, i was being fingerprinted. It was empty, everyone was very nice.
As soon as i receive my interview letter i will update.
Thanks for everyone who participate in this forum, you all help me a lot.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thank you for the note. I'm waiting on my NOA and fingerprint to arrive anytime this month and will be traveling to San Antonio to do the fingerprints...

thanks..

If you all read my posts on this thread, you will see that I had gone to the office inquiring about my interview letter. When I went there, I told the guy at the window that a co-worker had already received the IL. We talked a bit while he was checking my case on his computer and I said something like "I was hoping to catch you in a good mood and see if you play some magic with my case..." or something along those lines with a smile. So, a little smile and humor can go a long way. I was prepared to go the office every month to bug them (in a nice way) about my IL (of course, it helps that I work 15 minutes from the DO) I think the officer got my file moving, otherwise I might have been waiting right now. I would suggest that if you don't receive your IL after 4~6 weeks of FP, you go the office and turn on a little charm and see if someone is willing to move your case. Keep going every few weeks to the office and hope for the best. Best of luck to you all.

update:
I just got a call from the officer that interviewed me regarding the hold up on my case/oath. i did submit a request of update to my local congressman's office on the 5th of this month. the office forwarded the request to USCIS on the 6th. the usual response time from USCIS is one week according to the letter from the congressman.

now here's the bs from the officer.
1. i was interviewed before i meet the residency requirement. my interview was on 09/23/2008 and i meet my 3yr as a resident on 10/19/2008. the officer told me that they are not supposed to interview anyone before all the requirement has been met. i thought they can interview you in advance as long as the oath is after that date. need input from someone on my opinion.

2. he's going to schedule me for another interview. no test or nothing just to sign some papers. he'll send me a date in mail after finding out his first available interview slot. this is the same guy that interviewed my neighbor. this guy called her and interviewed her the same day, it was her first interview not follow up. I told him i can be there in 20 minutes but i still gotta wait. anyway, i'm hoping to get the letter in the mail next week.

please post up if u have any input.. thanks in advance..

More Updates

check the upcoming oath dates the night before going for your interview.
here's the san antonio oath dates (it gets updated every week)
http://www.txwd.uscourts.gov/calendar/MAGSA.PDF

if your case gets approved request ur oath letter. usually they won't deny your oath letter if there's a oath date scheduled.

unfortunately they didn't schedule the oath on oct 23rd until few hours after my interview so i couldn't do nothing but wait.

wish u best of luck..

check the upcoming oath dates the night before going for your interview.
here's the san antonio oath dates (it gets updated every week)
http://www.txwd.uscourts.gov/calendar/MAGSA.PDF

if your case gets approved request ur oath letter. usually they won't deny your oath letter if there's a oath date scheduled.

unfortunately they didn't schedule the oath on oct 23rd until few hours after my interview so i couldn't do nothing but wait.

wish u best of luck..

Thanks a lot Longhorns...I will be checking the dates every week...I'm trying to control but when i receive this letter in the mail today i cryed a lot. I know it was hard for everyone here to finally have the citizenship, but for me was an extra mile. I'm my own sponsor and i arrived a month after September 11, 2001. I think the immigration may have 20 lbs of paperwork that they request me by now. I really can't wait for this moment.

Miriamtx,
hang in there eventually u will get there. i would have cared less for the delay of my citizenship oath if it wasn't for my parents. i wasn't even gonna apply under 3yr residency. but the us embassy denied my parents tourist visa twice and asking them to apply for residency after i'm a usc. it's hard for me and my family to travel every year to visit them. School, work, business etc... anyway everyone took a hit after 9/11 not only the immigrants..

hopefully ur interview is after you meet the residency requirement so that they can't give you any bs like they gave me yesterday morning. try to get the officers contact if you can. i forgot to ask him during the interview and again this morning as i was half asleep when he called. i do have his cell phone number that i got from my neighbor but i hate to call him without his prior consent.

i hope you get to celebrate the new years eve and the Christmas as a USC and don't have to take this stress to 2009..

Not that i'm concerned about it but just a curiosity. As my N-400 priority date is September 30 (right at the last day of the new test old test changes), do you think the IO may ask if i want take the old or the new test?

Is it worth getting to the office early?

I have my interview in San Antonio on Wednesday at 12:45. I was wondering, though...if I got there early (let's say at 11), would I be able to get squeezed in earlier? Or are the appointment times pretty much set in stone? Anybody have any idea?

I have my interview in San Antonio on Wednesday at 12:45. I was wondering, though...if I got there early (let's say at 11), would I be able to get squeezed in earlier? Or are the appointment times pretty much set in stone? Anybody have any idea?

In my interview paper it says " Do not arrive more than 30 minutes earlier for the interview". They are restrict with following the rules. I'm not taking any risk of making them mad or thinking that i cannot follow instructions. But it is up to you, if you think it will be fine.

The security officer at the front door will most likely ask you to come back if you show up earlier than 30 minutes before your interview.

As my N-400 priority date is September 30 (right at the last day of the new test old test changes), do you think the IO may ask if i want take the old or the new test?

Well, instead of worrying about which one, you can just prepare for the new one and take that one.

Metam...would you please let me know when you receive your oath notice and date? My interview is on 12/12 and i'm just hopping to take the oath before the end of this year. I'm too excited!

Bobsmyth and Miriamtx -
Thanks for pointing that out - I forgot about that note in the letter. I'll plan on not getting there too early!

Miriamtx -
Yes, I will update my timeline as I'm notified - I have a post in page 2 of the Q3 filers thread (here: http://boards.immigration.com/showthread.php?t=282872&page=2)

Hey Metam, i just saw the judges docket...they are going to have Oath Ceremony at the Scottish Rite Cathedral on December 18, 2008 at 10 a.m. in San Antonio, thanks to Longhorns here i've being checking the judges website every day. Maybe i have the lucky of become citizen before the end of this year. If they said i'm approved after the interview, i'm going to ask if there is a possibility of me taking the Oath on December 18. I don't mind to drive that many hours to San Antonio.

Not that i'm concerned about it but just a curiosity. As my N-400 priority date is September 30 (right at the last day of the new test old test changes), do you think the IO may ask if i want take the old or the new test?

http://www.uscis.gov/portal/site/us...nnel=ebf1bece24e7b110VgnVCM1000004718190aRCRD

check ur noa1 receipt date.. if it's before oct 1 then yea u can take the old test. otherwise i would assume the new test. but usually the IOs are very
lenient, they don't wanna give you hard time with the tests.