New Timeline thread for San Antonio & Austin area

Congratulations. The advice for anybody applying at San Antonio DO is to find oath ceremonies before the interview, and ask for an oath letter right after the interview, if one passes the interview as the DO's officers are willing to give one.

if you are applying under 3yr marriage based it might be hard for you to get a interview letter the same day as it goes through multiple level of reverification process. the comment is based on my experience and the copy of the responses from USCIS to the congressman. but you should at least ask him for the oath letter no matter what.

forgot to mention that the officer gave me his contact number during the 2nd interview. he told me to contact him just in case i didn't receive my oath letter by the 2nd week of january. try to get the officers contact number if you can.

Longhorn,

Thank you for your reply. I'm just curious what is exactly the "interview checklist" you have received? in my case I reveived the interview letter itself after I did my fingerprints and never received any "interview checklist".

Longhorn,

Thank you for your reply. I'm just curious what is exactly the "interview checklist" you have received? in my case I reveived the interview letter itself after I did my fingerprints and never received any "interview checklist".

below are the docs on the checklist
1. birth cert
2. DL
3. birth cert of ur minor children born in US.

i gave the officer the docs mentioned on the checklist. he told me he doesn't need them as he already have those on file. he also told me that's a generic checklist and not to worry about it. only thing i had to show him was my DL, PR Card, selective service registration.

i wouldn't worry about the doc checklist as the interview letter asks for the docs u need to take with u. good luck

Hi there,

I am little bit worried about my timeline.

Based on 3yr marriage San Antonio Field Office

N-400 Mailed 08/3/2008
N-400 Priority Date 08/08/2008
Fingerprints Letter Received 08/26/2008
Fingerprints Done 09/10/2008
Interview Additional Document needed 09/09/2008
Interview Letter Received NOT YET

Is it normal almost 4 months of silence?
As of Sep 30 2009 procesing times for S. Antonio is 5 months.

I cannot make a search on my case yet because teh 5 month will be on Jan 09...

I see many posts where you wait for 1-2 months max for the Interview letter; anyone in my situation?

Thanks

David

Coming Interviews/Oath Dates for San Antonio PO

Hello,

I'm just owndering if anyone has an interview coming up this month or next month in San Antonio, Texas. Also I have been checking the oath dates regularly but they have only one oath scheduled this year so far on Jan 23 so just wondering if anyone is also aware of any other oath dates. They used to have them more often last year.

thanks!

http://www.txwd.uscourts.gov/calendar/MAGSA.PDF

Done Interview and Waiting on Oath Letter

I had my interview and now waiting to receive my oath letter. I'm keeping my fingers crossed for Feb oath date.

Hi syriano - did you have to take the Selective Service Registration status letter for your interview and were you asked for it? Just curious to know, I wasn't sure if I need to get it - I got my GC when I was 30 years old and have been told by friends who recently got their citizenship that you don't have to worry about it, if you get the GC after you are 26 years.

Would appreciate any info you might have - thanks and hope you get your OL soon!

Hi syriano - did you have to take the Selective Service Registration status letter for your interview and were you asked for it? Just curious to know, I wasn't sure if I need to get it - I got my GC when I was 30 years old and have been told by friends who recently got their citizenship that you don't have to worry about it, if you get the GC after you are 26 years.

Would appreciate any info you might have - thanks and hope you get your OL soon!

No I did not get a letter from the selective service and was never asked for one at the interview. I wouldn't worry about it.

It's one hell of a process to obtain a letter from the SS proving that you did not have to register.

walk-in fingerprinting and same day oath!

Sorry to hijack this thread, didn't want to start a new one for San Antonio when we have this one going already, my questions are: are they still doing walk-ins for fingerprints, specially on Saturdays?
and how often do they give same day oath? is that common?
Thanks in advance!

I did a walk-in FP back in Feb, at the San Antonio App Support Center - on a Saturday, no questions asked. Just take your FP appointment letter, your GC and DL, and show your FP letter to the person at the desk (don't say anything about wanting to do an early FP etc etc). He'll just ask you to fill in your info..and then give you a token number. Good luck!

I did a walk-in FP back in Feb, at the San Antonio App Support Center - on a Saturday, no questions asked. Just take your FP appointment letter, your GC and DL, and show your FP letter to the person at the desk (don't say anything about wanting to do an early FP etc etc). He'll just ask you to fill in your info..and then give you a token number. Good luck!
Thank you for the info, i'm hoping i will get the FP notice today so i can do it tomorrow.
Do you know anything about same day oath? i know this is a little too soon for me to ask but never hurts to know.

Glad to provide the info. As far as I know, San Antonio does not do same-day oath. All of the people I know who had their interviews at SA did their oaths a few weeks later - it would be awesome though if they have the same-day oath now there...

I just called...second IO told me my IL was mailed today for ID of October 15...let’s see...

I just called...second IO told me my IL was mailed today for ID of October 15...let’s see...

My on-line message just changed from:

Current Status: This case has been received and pending

To

Current Status: This case has been sent for a standard interview

And I also received an e-mail...

WOW...something must be brewing...:cool:

Hi all,

I went to my interview in San Antonio DO on July 16th and passed, i still have not received an Oath notification. Can anybody please shed some light?

There is an Oath ceremony on August 27th.

When i call the cust svc line all i get is that i have to wait 90 days. does anybody know how i can get a better answer? what is a second level IO?

May 1st is my priority date

Hi all,

I went to my interview in San Antonio DO on July 16th and passed, i still have not received an Oath notification. Can anybody please shed some light?

There is an Oath ceremony on August 27th.

When i call the cust svc line all i get is that i have to wait 90 days. does anybody know how i can get a better answer? what is a second level IO?

May 1st is my priority date
By law they have up to 120 days after interview to render a decision on your case. Being it's only been one month since your interview, give it another month or so before you start inquiring via Infopass.

By law they have up to 120 days after interview to render a decision on your case. Being it's only been one month since your interview, give it another month or so before you start inquiring via Infopass.

thank you bobsmyth. i don't have any other option right?

thank you bobsmyth. i don't have any other option right?
I would say start inquiring via Infopass if 2 months have passed after interview and you haven't received IL..keep inquiring every 30 days thereafter until you get IL. If you approach the 120 day limit and still have haven't received answer, contact USCIS ombudsman and congressperson to intervene on your behalf. If all fails and it's been more than 120 days after interview but you haven't received answer (worst case scenario) , then consider lawsuit.