New Timeline thread for San Antonio & Austin area

One more thing, just the day after I sent the applicaiton, we had a newborn (born in US), do I need to make any changes to the application? I had answered no children when I had sent the application.

Is there anyone who recently had interviews at San Anotonio DO or received interview letter from San Antonio DO? If so, can you please post your timeline. Thanks.

I just received my interview letter over the weekend. Here is my timeline

Sent N-400: 05/26/2008
FP Date: 06/20/2008
Interview Date: 08/15/2008

Hey Guys... quick question please. When should one file N400 application... based on the date printed on the GC -OR- when the PP was stamped which is about 15 days later than the date on the GC. Thank you very much for replying in advance.

btw, I had my interview on 7/15. It went through smoothly. The office was extermely polite & efficent. Best govt service experience so far.

Hey Guys... quick question please. When should one file N400 application... based on the date printed on the GC -OR- when the PP was stamped which is about 15 days later than the date on the GC. Thank you very much for replying in advance.

Extracted page from form M-476 that will answer your question in detail.

Last edited by a moderator:
Anyone know what the oath dates are for San Antonio and Austin. I live in Austin and not sure if they do the oath here.

I checked the Tirinity University calendar and last ceremony was on June 16th... there are no naturalization ceremonies scheduled for the rest of the year. Maybe they have changed venues. I also checked out the LBJ website and they dont have anything scheduled on it either. I guess I will find out tomorrow when I go in for my interview.

USCIS usually has oath ceremony for Austin at LBJ library. Not sure how often. But I have seen those on the UT Calender when I was going to UT. In San Antonio they do it every 3 months at Trinity University Mar, June, Sep, Dec.
http://www.trinity.edu/departments/public_relations/central_calendar/central_cal.htm
Hope this helps.

I checked the Tirinity University calendar and last ceremony was on June 16th... there are no naturalization ceremonies scheduled for the rest of the year. Maybe they have changed venues. I also checked out the LBJ website and they dont have anything scheduled on it either. I guess I will find out tomorrow when I go in for my interview.

They have a oath ceremony happening on next wed in SA . I am also in austin and have been scheduled for it. It is to happen in Fedral Court Western District.
I am told they are in rush to get folks to be citizens for the nov elections. any experiences on oath ceremony?

My timeline is:

Receive & Priority Date: July 07, 2008
FP Notice Date: July 15, 2008
FP Date: July 29, 2008

I still have not received interview letter. I see people at the San Antonio DO get IL within 2 months of application. Should I go and inquire at the local office? Thanks.

Save yourself the trip to the local DO and speak with an IO via phone. They can tell you the status of your case over the phone as well.

My timeline is:

I still have not received interview letter. I see people at the San Antonio DO get IL within 2 months of application. Should I go and inquire at the local office? Thanks.

I took an InfoPass appointment and visited the SA USCIS office on 9/24. They told me that my file was not yet transferred to the local office. The guy promised that he would request the file and get things moving.

Yesterday I got my interview notice. Its in the last week of October on 10/27.

My new timeline is:

Interview Notice Date: Oct 2, 2008
Interview Date: Oct 27, 2008

I have my interview coming up on Monday. Any last minute tips, particularly for the San Antonio DO?

Approval Granted: Oct 27, 2008
Oath Date: Oct 30, 2008

I had my interview today at San Antonio DO. I passed. While I was waiting for the interview, there was another person sitting next to me. We chated and she told me that she just passed her interview. I asked as to why she was waiting and she told me that she waiting for the oath notice scheduled after couple of days. So when I was done with my interview, I asked if I could take the oath on that day as well. The officer checked and he also gave me the oath notice for Oct 30. I elected to take the new test, and I got all 10 Qs correct.

Approval Granted: Oct 27, 2008
Oath Date: Oct 30, 2008
DONE DEAL: Oct 30, 2008

I took my oath today at the district court. If anybody has any questions regarding oath, especially in San Antonio, let me know. Thanks.