New thread for plastic card tracking

fl_485 ,

We did our stamping in Tampa on 2/10 - still the same approval mesage on the INS website. No card ordered or anything.....so again it looks like these guys follow no logic in processing. Some people are getting their cards in 2 - 3 weeks, and in our case , even after 4 weeks, nothing.......

The officer in Tampa also did not take any EAD cards from us. He said you don't need them now so you can throw them out.

Anyone did stamping in Tampa see any change in their message on the INS website .... please post.

Thanks.

cards received last week ... went for stamping this morning ..

FP Oct 2001
ND Nov 2001
FP Jan 2003
TD Jan 2004 (6th Feb for my spouse)
AD Feb 2004 (after interview)
No Stamping ---->> never went for passport stamping. Was planning to go this Wednesday.
update>>>>> went for stamping this morning.
Cards ordered: 4 Mar, 2004
Cards received: 8 Mar, 2004
Stamping: 10 March, 2004

Jaysee

Received card but the online message is unchanged ..

... infact it still says "This case was transferred .... blah blah blah". same with spouse's online status.

Hope that helps.

I got stamped and changed online message

My passport stamped on Feb 2nd then online message has changed to Card ordered on Mar 9th(Yesterday).
I think some INS local offices are taking long time. In this forum, atlanta INS is doing very fast. they are getting within a week or 2.

fl485 I PMed you with more details.

For the general public's benefit, It is true that not all card orders get noticed by USCIS online status website.

However it is also true that if you provide a sense of urgency (the guys who PMed with their card receiptdates had approached Jacksonville office for an emergency AP a week before approval and the lady in the counter remembered them. When she gave a I94 converted temporary green card instead of 551 stamp, the husband (derivative?) refused to leave and made a scene) you might get your card sooner.
One of the passports was expired /was expiring in a few weeks/months. So the lady at the counter fashioned a temp GC herself.

No I am not saying you should act weird like that couple, but if there is an emergency let the USCIS personnel know in a friendly way. Otherwise it should not take more than 2 months to get the card.

BTW, you get the 10yr stretch from the date of mailing!! But your status as LPR is valid from the date of approval. Best of both worlds if you want to vote for you know who's second term:)

Mine is not changed but mi wife's status has changed to

"On March 11, 2004, the card order was completed and we mailed the applicant's new card directly to him or her."

Card received

Hi All,

Here are my details:

ND - 11/01
AD - 02/11/04
PSD - 02/24/04
PSL - atlanta, GA
Card Ordered - 03/03/04
Card Mailed - 03/05/04
Card Recd - 03/08/04

The envelope was postmarked Mar 5th but since I did not check my mail over the weekend, I recd the card Mar 8th. Very happy to recv the card esp since March 7th was my birthday. So this was my b'day gift from Uncle Sam :p

Ramanathasunda, I can't believe that I actually saw you and your wife. I was in the Forsyth St. center from 8:00 to 12:45 on Feb 24th. I think you guys were sitting in the right hand side of the aisle. I was wearing a brown jacket and had a computer bag with me (token number 328). Werd :D

I have a dumb question...:confused: Do I need to carry this card with me at all times ?? I am so afraid I will lose it.

Good Luck to ALL.

Priya

Re: cards received last week ... went for stamping this morning ..

Originally posted by jaysee
FP Oct 2001
ND Nov 2001
FP Jan 2003
TD Jan 2004 (6th Feb for my spouse)
AD Feb 2004 (after interview)
No Stamping ---->> never went for passport stamping. Was planning to go this Wednesday.
update>>>>> went for stamping this morning.
Cards ordered: 4 Mar, 2004
Cards received: 8 Mar, 2004
Stamping: 10 March, 2004

Jaysee

If you received your card on 03/08, why did you go for stamping on 03/10? Isn't the stamp what you need to use until you get the card? Does one have to go for stamping at all, or can just wait for the card?

priyaGCaaja

Priya,
You are supposed to carry the card, but what I did was get it scanned and printed in color with the exact same size and then laminate it. Keep the original safely (with your passport) and use that only when you travel. Carry the Laminated copy with you regularly.

My card is ordered:

Passport Stamped Date: 01/15/2004
Stamped Location: Houston, TX
Card Ordered Date: 03/10/2004
-------------------------------
Serive center :VSC
I-485
RD : 08/27/2002
AD: 01/06/2004

Anajoti,

Good question.

No, you are not required to go for stamping if you have already received the card. In my case, my wife wanted to have something on our passports that stated that we are lawful permanent residents as a backup to the card. This stemmed from the fact that a cousin of mine lost her card when because she had misplaced her purse. Her passport did not have a stamp either. While waiting on teh INS to send her another card, she did not have any proof of LPR.

Jaysee.

Jaysee,

That's actually a pretty smart thing to do. I guess having your green card misplaced/lost/stolen is very bad, especially considering what kind of torture a lot of us endure in order to get it in the first place.

The reason I was asking all this is b/c I have a 3 hour drive (one way) to the nearest local center, so it basically means taking a day off. So, if my EAD is valid for a few more months and I don't plan any foreign travel during that time, I might just wait for the card to arrive. Then again, after hearing your rationale for getting the PP stamp, I may go ahead and do it, if nothing else, for the very same reason you and your wife did it.

i thought they use the pictures you give them during the stamping time

Jaysee,

This is news to me. I thought, they would use the pictures that we give them when we go for stamping in our green cards. I thought stamping was a mandatory step.

- redhat

redhat,

In our case, the lawyer had sent in the pictures at the time of I-485 filing. I guess they were good enough.

Jaysee

Anajoti,

Whether it is worth the drive or not, only time will tell (not that I intend to lose the card) but heck ! got it done anyways. Some peace of mind ... atleast don;t have to listen to constant cribbing from my better half !!! In my case, it was about an hour's drive. We waited for less than 15 minutes.

Jaysee

Re: redhat,

Originally posted by jaysee
In our case, the lawyer had sent in the pictures at the time of I-485 filing. I guess they were good enough.

Jaysee
Jaysee
Since your case has been approved after the interview you do not need to go for stamping. From your earlier posts i read that You received an Wel-come letter. As one of my friend told you need to show your face to immigration before get you green card.
The Wel-come letters are typically sent to the kids and people who does not need to do the finger printing.

Please let us know did you receive the approval notices along Wel-come letters.

Last edited by a moderator:
tammy2,

I am not too sure about the basis for receiving a "Welcome" letter. Yes, I have not received any "Approval Notice" in the form of an I-797 Notice of Action form but I did receive a "letter" from the authorities stating the approval of the case and that incase I needed any temporary evidence of LPR, I would need to go for apssport stamping. So, this letter was practically an equivalent of the "approval" notice. So, I disagree with you regarding the fact that I needn't have gone for passport stamping just because I was interviewed.

BTW, regarding those WELCOME notices, my wife and I received 3 each (yes, three!) within a span of 8 days !!!!!