New Thread for March, 2001 485 filers (RD & ND)

talk to IIO today

PD 2/00, RD 3/2/01, ND 3/9/01, AVM saying "case received on.." since the very beginning.

Called IIO to find about the case status, she only told me my FP was OK. Asked her about if my case has been assigned, she said she can\'t tell me that. Basically I did\'t get anything from her, very frustrating.

No Title

Jayabhadudi

I did not check AVM after I talk to IIO .. I\'ll check once a week from now on ..I\'ll keep you posted

Thanks,

Update from NVC & IIO this afternoon

Called NVC & IIO several minutes before. First NVC representive told me they never had my I-140 approval notice on file. It made me very nervous because very likely it means my I-140 approval notice was directly sent to US consulate. Then I decided to call VSC for more information. A nice gentleman took my call, he told me they\'re processing I485 received by March 15th, and he do know my case was received by March 8th(RD, not ND). It\'ll take up to 60 days for processing. And for a big relief, they do have my FP result and I-140 approval notice on file.

So magic words should come any time soon :)

Keep tight together, all March folks. Our days is coming.

Is your I-140 for CP or AOS?

I guess that your I-140 is for AOS. NVC does not have your file if you apply I-140 for AOS.

Got passport stamped on 12/19/01

I got my passport stamped on 12/19/01 and also applied for removal of "INS authorization required for Work" citation from my Social Security Card. The new card will arrive in two weeks.

The whole process took about two hours. I reached Newark office atabout 9.00 am and wasout of the place by 11.00 am. No additional papers were asked for. Two photos, I-94 and EAD were required. Ofourse passport is required for stamping.

No Title

Guess What? I just checked the AVM -- message changed from Case Not Found to case received at .... for myself and my husband. My son\'t case still says case not found. Hopefully nothing to worry about.

No Title

It appears that recently there have been no March approvals for RD after Mar 15th. Is that true? Does anyone have information on when VSC starts looking into cases for RD/ND after Mar 15?
Thanks

Did you go to 334 room as mentioned in the AP or back of the building

I read in several postings that on Wednesday (8-12 appt), you are supposed to go to the back of the building on 1st floor. However my Approval Notice says that I should go to room 334 (3rd floor main entrance, as per my lawyer).

Can you please tell which entrance / room did you go to ? Any idea how many people were there ?
Thanks for sharing your experience.

I will be going on 26th.
Thanks,
- Umj

March case stamped

RD 3/2, ND 3/12, AD 12/10, Stamped 12/21.

Thank you all. This website has provided so much emotional support for a passive reader like myself, it is difficult to describe how attached I am to all these friends on this site, and how good-hearted many of you are. I want to thank you all! I wish you all do well! Your days will come! Merry Christmas!

No Title

No news as of now.

It seems that VSC has not processed RD/ND after March 15th 2001. Wonder when they will start doing so.

Does anyone know if VSC is working this week, or what dates they are processing?

chapdin

Any new approvals ? .. my friend(same company) got his approval ..
RD 3/5, ND 3/13 Mine still says Case not found .. Getting worried ..

PD 3/00
RD 3/7/01
ND 3/14/01
EB2 VSC
AVM- CAse not found .. Changed for my wife to standard meassage around last week of NOV

No Title

spatel9, I do not know of any new approvals. In fact, the last week has been almost without any approvals. I think VSC only processed uptill Mar 15th for RD. SInce your RD is before that, I suppose you should be hearing something from them since they are clearing out all cases till then.

Have you spoken to an IIO?

Chapdin

I did speak to an IIO some time in 2nd week of DEC .. She told me that they are processing cases upto MAR 15 and have my FP. She also confirmed I am still living in same address. When I asked her about Case not found .. She said not to worry about it .. I asked when I expect my approval she said it takes any where between 360-540 days to process ..
They would not disclose any information .. I am going to wait for few more weeks before I call them again

Feb/Mar case still waiting...

It is nice to see so many (at least 4 ) March cases had approval. My AVM was changed on 11/23/2001 from "case not found" to " case was recieved...". It has been five weeks since the AVM changes, start to worry... Here is my details:

PD 02/00, RD 02/22/01, ND 03/02/01, FP 08/09/01, EB3 other, yes&yes AD witing...

Rogerwei