NEW THREAD FOR 420 -CSOFT-NJ based company

A visit to NJ after living in other states, then one realises what is missed

unitednations said:
A little off topic but I was in New Jersey/edison/princeton area for the last couple of days. It was nice to put the faces with the names for a few people.

Unfortunately, I couldn't meet all the people I wanted to but will do so when I move there in February. It was good to be among our own people after living in ohio for the last six years (please don't read more into this statement for the non south asian members of the board).

btw, the indian restaurants are vastly superior then the ones I'm used to.

unitednations said:
A little off topic but I was in New Jersey/edison/princeton area for the last couple of days. It was nice to put the faces with the names for a few people.

Unfortunately, I couldn't meet all the people I wanted to but will do so when I move there in February. It was good to be among our own people after living in ohio for the last six years (please don't read more into this statement for the non south asian members of the board).

btw, the indian restaurants are vastly superior then the ones I'm used to.

which restaurant did you go to?

unitednations said:
------
H1 using Labor pending with Previous Employer

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi UN/Gurus,

I was able to get 7th year extension after joining the new employer after this CST crap. The extension was based on the pending labor filed by my previous employer. It is still pending at BEC currently. I didn't contact the previous employer before using the labor for the extension. I didn't want him to know about this.

Is there any way my previous employer comes to know that someone used that labor for H1 extension? Does DOL notify the employers about the usage of the labor after it approves the H1?

Thanks
-------
No, DOL doesn't mention it to the compoany. However, in the last memo, USCIS really warned companies about getting 7th year extensions and fraudulent use of labors, etc.

Therefore, to combat this, USCIS seems to be monitoring from backlog labors whom has used it to get 7th year extensions. Therefore, if there is a substitution later and company tries to file 7th year for that person then USCIS could notify company that it has already been used. At that point company could inform USCIS they have no intention of filing I-140 for you and your h-1b gets revoked.

To combat this scenario, please get a perm labor done and I-140 approved before old company figures it out. Also, file for additional three years upon approval of the I-140.

Thanks UN for clearing up the things. Now if H1 extension for 7th year is approved and some time later the previous employer get 45-days letter and he doesn't respond to it. Will USCIS revoke the approved H1 or it will be valid till the expiry of it (about 9/10 months later)?

Thanks again.

Hi UN,
Does USCIS see the minimum requisites while giving the receipt during H1 transfer?? I mean do they give receipt just confirming they got the papers or do they check some things at their end etc before giving receipt??

H1B transfer

Hi Guys,
Did anyone get the H1B transfer done(regular processing). Mine was applied on sept 10th (after this cyber mess) and still waiting. Cyber never gave me any proof that they actually filed for my H1 in spite of all my shouting. My new H1 transfer was applied based my employer before Cyber who eventually closed shop. The labor(from my employer prior to cyber) is still pending though and will ofcourse will be denied. On 8th year now and applied for PERM.

Guys any thoughts. Had a lot of patience, but running out of it now. Need to plan if need to go back.

Thanks

Last edited by a moderator:
UN,

Is it necessary for my new lawyer who is working on a MTR on a denied 485 due to revoked 140 to get my immigration file from old lawyer. What is it that they want to see?

Info Needed

Hi UN and all,
Has anyone heard of a Company called Savant Consulting.Inc?Its based on East Coast.It will be nice if anyone who knows about it can share some info.

Its very crucial for me

You can PM me.

Thanks

Shloka said:
Hi UN and all,
Has anyone heard of a Company called Savant Consulting.Inc?Its based on East Coast.It will be nice if anyone who knows about it can share some info.

Its very crucial for me

You can PM me.

Thanks

Yes, i heard this company name before.......ex-collegues used to work that during 2002........it was on the rapidly growing company in NJ during 2000-2002. I don't know about this company now.

RaviKumar1975 said:
Yes. If you file a complaint to DOL, they will respond with a file number, most of us have done that already

Hi Ravi,
I got the letter with file number last week. Are there any further updates available from your end? Did DOL tell when can we get our money back etc?
Thx in advance,

H1B With CST

Hi UN and Others,
I am another victim of CST and I'm in trouble now.I was working with CST from April-01-2005 to Sept 30-2005. I was on H1B with CST. I moved to my old employer; and the old H1B with them is valid until Feb-17-2006. Since I was not working with my previous employer during this period will there be any problem in doing like this?.I had to do this to save my Ass from CST.They were not paying from August. I resisted to sign the contract.
Is it possible to move to the old employer on an old approved H1b with a break of employment in between. I called USCIS regarding this and they are not very clear about it. Some say we need to write a letter to USCIS about the change in employer.Is there any need to write a letter to USCIS regarding which employer we are currently working with when we do like this?.
We never left US during this period.
My current employer is planning to apply for H1B extension soon.

Please help me with this situation.

Info needed

Hi,
Is there anybody in this forum/do you know anyone whose pre-approved I-140 application was rejected and then filed another pre approved labor from different company and got it approved?

Need Help

Hi,
I am a victim of CST living in Maryland-Virginia border.I have successfully transfered my H1 to another company.For the purpose of Labor filing one needs an experience letter.Since CST has shut down the alternate option is to get a notarised affidavit from a fellow CST employee.

I do not know any other person from CST directly so will any former CST employee be ready to give me a notarised affidavit.I can show my paystubs/other transaction with CST.

Inturn I can do the same if needed.

Send me a PM

Shloka,

I am also one of the victim of CST and belongs to the same geographical area like yours. If you need the affidavit, I will help you out, let us meet.

Send me your contacts.

Good Luck...

divyaz00z said:
Hi UN and Others,
I am another victim of CST and I'm in trouble now.I was working with CST from April-01-2005 to Sept 30-2005. I was on H1B with CST. I moved to my old employer; and the old H1B with them is valid until Feb-17-2006. Since I was not working with my previous employer during this period will there be any problem in doing like this?.I had to do this to save my Ass from CST.They were not paying from August. I resisted to sign the contract.
Is it possible to move to the old employer on an old approved H1b with a break of employment in between. I called USCIS regarding this and they are not very clear about it. Some say we need to write a letter to USCIS about the change in employer.Is there any need to write a letter to USCIS regarding which employer we are currently working with when we do like this?.
We never left US during this period.
My current employer is planning to apply for H1B extension soon.

Please help me with this situation.

I did the same thing and just got the 7th yr extn approval. So this should not be an issue. Sheela murthy has some solid info around this. But this sure is not a prob as long as old emp has a valid H1 of yours. I think pay stub automatically will make the old H1 active.

jbond said:
I did the same thing and just got the 7th yr extn approval. So this should not be an issue. Sheela murthy has some solid info around this. But this sure is not a prob as long as old emp has a valid H1 of yours. I think pay stub automatically will make the old H1 active.

did u aply in regular or premium processing?

jbond said:

Thanks for your reply Jbond. I was worried that I am out of status and I have to leave the country and come back on th old H1.
Meanwhile my H1 is revoked by CST.
thanks again!!!

Guys...I observed that some of the CST victims got their 7th year H1 extension based on the labor, pending with the old employer without even informing him,based on some screen shot or letter. I am wondering if you guys would be able to get another extension based on the labor approved through new employer ? assuming that you or your new employer filed it through PERM. How is it going to affect you guys in case the old employer withdraws the pending labor, but you have another Labor approved through PERM by that time ??

UN or any one ??? Could you please comment on it ??

Thanks much.....