NEW THREAD FOR 420 -CSOFT-NJ based company

Shloka said:
Un,tammy,pralay.. and other gurus please advise

I have transferred my H1 to company A after leaving CST.
I have just recieved the H1 reciept as its through regular processing.

Now I have a better offer from company B.
Is it advisable to concurrently start another h1 filing through company B now as the company b seems better than company A.

Please note: The company A's h1 is not approved yet and
i do not have latest paystubs.. because the great CST never gave any?
(I may get a paystub from company A soon)

Thanks to all

Hi UN & other gurus,
1. What happens if say CST revokes the H1 while it is in process of getting transferred to other company?
2. Will CST have to give termination notice before revoking H1? I know this topic has been discussed in forums but there was no concrete answer.
3. If the end result of H1 transfer is not affected( i.e either successful transfer or rejection), then is it still wiser to do it via premium process??
4. How much time does it take to receive the receipt once the Company B applies for H1 transfer?? I know we can start working as soon as Co B gets the receipt.

unitednations said:
all the h-1's in the chain have to be approved. If one isn't approved then USCIS won't give you a I-94 card and you will have to go the consular route.

Thanks for the reply UN.
as per your statement .. all the h1- applications in the chain must be
approved...

1>
meaning h1 of company A needs to be approved for h1 of company b to get approved.BUT can someone file concurrently via company B?

2.> In this scenario.. what would happen to some ppl whose CST h1 application has been pending for months and they have now filed for transfer?

Isnt this.. whole h1 thing a money making business?
I would suggest .. approve a guy once.. approve a company once
and then for all further job swtiches just match the person and the job skills
.. well but thats a dream.....

ONE MORE..Imp One

Has any one who is transferring his h1 from cst in premium processing
got a approval as yet?

Cnsi

Has anyone here ever heard of a company called CNSI based in maryland?
If someone has please PM me

Yes. Its my first H1 transfer. Did not know that I am falling in wrong hands when I joined CST.

Just hoping things go fine with the H1 transfer for all of us.

If h1b from cyber is not approved then i am doomed

I left cyber couple of months back,h1b is not approved now i am working with my old employer .If my h1b is rejected there is no way i can extension for my 7th year ,i guess i will have to go back.Any suggestions on this please?apparently cyber was only my 2nd h1b transfer.

Hi

Does anybody have any writeup or email besides the Bizsell ad about the Cst selling information.

Are any public records available to confirm that N*** is arrested?

Your help/advise/suggestion is appreciated.
You can PM me or post it on the forum itself.

Thanks

NewVictim2005 said:
UN,

If we file for Motion to reopen for a nonimmigrant petition, will the stay in US until its decided be considered as legal stay even if gets denied later.

Thanks

If the motion is denied you will be treated as illegal since the day of original denial. If there is option it is better to go out. Again after 180 days automatic bar will come into effect.

Will be new H1b be denied

I left cyber couple of months back and went back to my previous employer,i am going to india next month for visa stamping.my prvious h1b is valid till march 06.if i apply for extension will my h1b be denied if cybersoftec h1b is denied or if they dont answer rfe?is there any way to go about this?your input is appreciated

tammy2 said:
His plain assumption is Pending AOS is also a status like F1 or H1. By using EAD spouse went into Pending AOS status why can't she come back to H4?

But Pending AOS does not work that way simply because it is not a visa rather authorization by attorney general to stay in US. So neither COS nor EOS are applicable in this context. Person needs to go out of US and come to get on to the one of the statuses.

In case of an RFE for W2 during the I-485 USCIS may catch this error. Even using nunc pro tunc may not be possible in this case.

I do not want to advice him because he has already decided the answer. Moreover i am not an attorney.

Tammy - As I said earlier - I was just looking at different option and I do value your inputs. Just one more thing; to revalidate all one needs a reentry - what if I don't get new 194? Do I have to get atleast a new date entered in her passport - would that be good enough to invoke her back to H4 status? Pls pls advice. Thanks!

All

Guys its very imp for me

Does anybody have any writeup or email besides the Bizsell ad about the Cst selling information.

Are any public records available to confirm that N*** is arrested?

Your help/advise/suggestion is appreciated.
You can PM me or post it on the forum itself.

Thanks

jbond said:
Tammy - As I said earlier - I was just looking at different option and I do value your inputs. Just one more thing; to revalidate all one needs a reentry - what if I don't get new 194? Do I have to get atleast a new date entered in her passport - would that be good enough to invoke her back to H4 status? Pls pls advice. Thanks!

If she goes to canada, while using auto revalidation to re-enter US, she won't get new I-94. She will have stamp in her passport while entering canada ( I assume she will enter on visitor visa). you can use that stamp in her passport as a proof that she left the country and re-entered US on H-4 if any query is raised in future while you file I-485. USCIS knows about their own rules/laws about not issuing new I-94 if you visit canada so there wouldn't be any issue.

Hello Friends,

Recently my EAD has been approved by c**. My spouse works for another company and he has H1b. I am planning to use the EAD for 1-2 months and then once i get RFE for I140 and I485 i am planning to go to India and get H4 stamped and come back.

How much is the risk i possess if i use c** temporarily.

Thanks

dyingforgc said:
If she goes to canada, while using auto revalidation to re-enter US, she won't get new I-94. She will have stamp in her passport while entering canada ( I assume she will enter on visitor visa). you can use that stamp in her passport as a proof that she left the country and re-entered US on H-4 if any query is raised in future while you file I-485. USCIS knows about their own rules/laws about not issuing new I-94 if you visit canada so there wouldn't be any issue.

Just keep the records. like toll charges, Credit card bills, Hotel bills etc. incase.

Can someone help me

I left cyber couple of months back,h1b is not approved till now from cyber, i am working with my old employer .If my h1b is rejected there is no way i can extension for my 7th year ,i guess i will have to go back.Any suggestions on this please?apparently cyber was only my 2nd h1b transfer.

Can someone answer this.

Is cyber next... ????

http://www.dol.gov/opa/media/press/esa/ESA20051909.htm

ESA News Release: [11/21/2005]
Contact Name: Brad Mitchell
Phone Number: (312) 353-6976
Release Number: 05-1909-CHI

Southfield, Mich., Computer Staffing Firm to Pay $2.65 Million In Back Wages and Penalties for Immigration Law Violations
DETROIT—Computech Inc., a Southfield, Mich., firm that places computer professionals at locations throughout the United States has agreed to pay $2,250,000 in back wages to 232 computer professionals and a $400,000 fine to settle immigration law violations, the U.S. Labor Department announced today.

An investigation by the Labor Department's Wage and Hour Division found that Computech brought non-immigrant H-1B workers into the U.S., but failed to pay them the minimum required wage rates in the areas where they were employed. The investigation also disclosed that Computech frequently ?benched? the workers without compensation contrary to the rules of the H-1B program.

?The Department of Labor aggressively enforces the law to ensure that temporary foreign workers are compensated fully and fairly,? said Secretary of Labor Elaine L. Chao. ?Abuse of the temporary foreign worker program is not tolerated and violators, as this case shows, are vigorously pursued.?

The settlement, approved by a U.S. Labor Department administrative law judge, orders the company to pay $2,250,000 to 232 foreign workers and a $400,000 fine in addition to the back wages. The company is also prohibited from participation in the H-1B visa program for 18 months.

The H-1B visa program allows foreign workers to enter and work temporarily in the United States in professional level jobs such as computer programmers, engineers, medical doctors and teachers. H-1B workers must be paid at least the same wage rates and benefits as those paid to U.S. workers already doing the same job in the same area.

Computech contracts with other firms to supply computer professionals who work on the premises of those firms. It has customers across the U.S., with the largest numbers of its workers in Michigan, Illinois, California, New Jersey, New York, Pennsylvania, Texas and Minnesota.

The Wage and Hour Division enforces the H-1B wage provisions of the Immigration and Nationality Act, in addition to other federal laws pertaining to wage payments. For more information please visit www.dol.gov or call toll free 1-866-4-USA-DOL.

asdqwe2k2 said:
http://www.dol.gov/opa/media/press/esa/ESA20051909.htm

ESA News Release: [11/21/2005]
Contact Name: Brad Mitchell
Phone Number: (312) 353-6976
Release Number: 05-1909-CHI

Southfield, Mich., Computer Staffing Firm to Pay $2.65 Million In Back Wages and Penalties for Immigration Law Violations
DETROIT—Computech Inc., a Southfield, Mich., firm that places computer professionals at locations throughout the United States has agreed to pay $2,250,000 in back wages to 232 computer professionals and a $400,000 fine to settle immigration law violations, the U.S. Labor Department announced today.

Asking H1 employers to pay back wages is becoming very common now-a-days. You will get numbers of articles/news regarding this issue in various immigration sites. I believe same thing will happened for Cybersoftec too. I am sure people came across DOL officer John Warner's email posted in Yahoo forum.

http://finance.groups.yahoo.com/group/lawsuit_against_cybersoftec/message/778

cyberflu said:
Hello any one,

Please advice me if i can use my EAD. and what are the complications

This thread and so many other threads related to C* started with the complications arised being with C* and using EAD etc..
And I think you have read all these threads. So, I don't think anybody will give you the concrete answer for your question other than yourself.
Sorry if I troubled you with my answer.