New revalidation times ( Jan 22, 2002 Onwards)

Visa Revalidation

Hi,
   I have sent mine on Nov 12 to St. Louis and still waiting...
I called washington office but people in Washington are not willing to help. Every time you call them either they will hang up on you or tell you a generalized answer. I even faxed them withdrawl request but still no answer. I needed my passport like a month ago but I am still waiting and hoping that one day I will receive it and don\'t have to call Washington again. I just want to ask you guys, if someone has thought about going to Washington personally and try to talk to state department personel to get your passport back. Though they don\'t disclose their address on the visa revalidation site, but they have provided their address on visa withdrawl page. Any suggestion will be helpful in this regard.

Thanks!!

Imran...

Calling DC Visa Office

In my case, it was easy to contact DOS Visa officer.
I called 292-663-1225, and as soon as voice message is coming, Just press 1 and 6 at the same time and then wait for connecting. It usually takes 5 minutes. I had no difficulty to get in touch with them.

I sent my PP to St. Louis on Jan-17 and I called them on Feb-12 to check status of my case. She asked me information on my name and birth day, after that she informed me my case was approved on Feb-4 and she added that visa stamp will be made within 3 weeks.

Today I called again, and this time some lady asked me about PP No.
She checked the status, and answered me it will take 1 week to be stamped.

My case is very smooth, and it is certain that currently DOS Visa Office catch up the back-log,which has been originated due to incident end of last year.

This message is for your information only.

Have a nice day.

and after

Stamped PP received...

Sent on: Nov\' 11
Received : Nov\' 13
Approved : January Last week
Issue Date: February 16
Received PP: February 20

Quarantined Passports

My passport was received Oct. 22. It was among the applications which were quarantined. I called visa office today to inquire about status. There are still no plans to take any action on the quarantined visas.

I\'ll post an update if there are further developments.

Coming to America from India or Pakistan after revalidation from St. Louis

Has anyone recently came back from a trip to India, Pakistan or anywhere else, after getting their revalidation from St. Louis. Someone I know went to India and when she was coming back, they cancelled her H-1B at the airport. I am planing to travel in March and just want to know if there are other case like this or this was just one of a kind.
Thanks

Give me details!!!!

Hi
It would be better to give us details at which AIR PORT such thing happend. I know one of my friend who left for INDIA in 2000 May and returned to USA in FEB 2001, coolly. It could be rare cases where if the employer revokes H1 visa, there is possiblity that such thing could have happened.

Naresh

No Title

Hey Ram,
Very glad to see ur message. I have sent my whole family passports(3) to St Louis on Dec 4, reached there on Dec 6th. When I called them, they told that they are approved on Jan 23rd, still in PRINT QUE. I do not know what logic they have, I heard people who have sent in dec 2nd/3rd week, very few who have sent in Jan 1st week too have received passports. Don\'t understand their logic behind it. I should be receiving them in 3-4 weeks or any time from now.
Naresh Kumar

to sanjsh

Hi, I don\'t know when my case was approved. The ladies at DoS are not very friendly, so I only know that it was approved in January. Visa was stamped Feb 15 and at the end of the same day it was registered at FedEx - so mail room to send passports back is working fast...

Got PP back

Mailed on Nov 09, 2001.
Was told a week ago..Approved on Jan 23, 2002.
Will take another 3 weeks since it needs to be printed.
Called yesterday. Was told somebody worked on it on Saturday.
Received by Attorney today.

Good luck everone!

Not recommend to personally visit Visa office at DC

I had been there personally to visit the department of state office at DC but the security will not allow even to enter the building complex without any appointment.

Has anybody called DC recently

I did, you got to be patient.. here is what you can do, call (202) 663-1225, press 1 then 6, you don\'t want to listen to that long message about some blah.. blah.. then the message says "you will be on hold for 5 or more minutes, while you hold you will not listen to any music that doesn\'t mean you\'re disconnected". You hold for like 20-40 minutes depending on the call volume, but don\'t give up keep holding some one will surely answer you, I had bad and good experience on different occasions when called DOS.. oh oh I forgot to mention you might be disconnected some times.. but keep trying.. good luck.

Gopi

Got my visa

Sent to St. Louis on Nov 19
Sent To DC ???
Visa issued on Feb 19
PP Received on Feb 22

Good luck to everyone else, this list has been a great help.

At last ... Got PP back

Sent 3rd Nov, got my passport back today by fedex.
It was a long long wait.

Take care all.

H1 visa revalidation - Does any one know of "DS-157" form??????????

Hi,
When I searched www.travel.state.gov for h1 visa revalidation instructions, I found the following line
"All male applicants 16-45 years of age must also submit form DS-157 (supplemental non-immigrant visa application)."

Does any one know where can I get DS-157, why it is required only for MALE applicants??

Thanks
naresh kumar

withdrawl time

I faxed an application for withdrawl of my application for revalidation on 23rd feb 2002. What is the approximate time they are taking to send the passport back. I have to travel on 14th March. The lady at the revalidation unit says that they are taking a minimum of 15 business days to send the passport. Can anyone inform me of there recent experiences in withdrawing the application and ho much time they tok to receive the passport. I wil be grateful for al the help I can receive.

RE:Does any one know of "DS-157" form

This I got from the Law office of Sheela Murthy :

2. Update on New Nonimmigrant Visa Form DS-157

We recently reported that the U.S. Department of State instituted the use of
a new, supplemental, form as part of the nonimmigrant visa application
process. Our article, entitled, "New Form DS-157 Effective Immediately," is
available on MurthyDotCom at . Required
for all males between ages 16 and 45, the new Form DS-157 is part of the
ongoing effort to identify potential terrorists attempting to enter the U.S.

We have now learned that each consular post has discretion to require women
to complete the form. On January 31, 2002, the U.S. Consulate in Jerusalem,
Israel began requiring the form of all applicants, regardless of gender.

It is quite possible that other consulates, at least those in high-risk
areas, will follow Jerusalem\'s lead. We will watch this issue closely and
provide updated information as it becomes available.

Visa issued

Hi Guys,

I got my passport back from DOS today with Visa. Below are the details

1.Sent to St.Lois: Nov-08/2001
2.Approved on Jan-24/2002 Was waiting in the queue for the Visa to be printed. Lawyer said it will take 2-3 weeks to get the Passport back.
3. Sent a Fax to get the Passport back on Feb-14 to attend a International Conference.
4. DOS were able to trace my Passport on Feb-22nd, and informed the Lawyer, that they are printing the Visa and will sendd by FedEX
5. Got my Passport with approved Visa today (feb-25).

Good Luck guys for those who are waiting

MIG-29

H1 revalidation

Hi,
    I have got my passport back with visa stamp. Here are the details.

Sent to St.Louis: Nov 12th, 2001
Received by St. Louis: Nov 13th, 2001
Visa Approved: Jan 24th, 2002
Visa Stamped: Feb 22nd, 2002
Got PP back: Feb 25th, 2002

The wait was terrible and I was about to file a police report for the lost passport, but finally, I got it back!

Good Luck to you all!!

Imran Aslam...