New revalidation times ( Jan 22, 2002 Onwards)

Finally got mine...

I rx my pp today. Sent to st.louis on Nov 2nd, Reached washington - dec 3rd, approved - Jan 28th, received - march 1st. Its been a long wait for me and hope you all get it soon. Thanks for all your help.

revalidation time

My approval date is on Feb-04, 2002.
Is anybody has the same time frame, and what is the current situation?
I contacted DOS Officer today, and she said my case is still waiting for stamping and requested me to call again after two to three days.

Waiting since October

I sent mine on Oct 30th. Recd St Louis on the 31st. Dept says they stamped between Jan 11-14 and then sent. I have yet to receive it. Meanwhile, I had to leave for India on Feb 15th. I got a new pp made and got the stamp in Bombay pretty easily. What a fiasco. After 4 months, my PP has still not arrived.

Just my misfortune, besides Candyman offcourse.

"Temporary Refusal" -- Passport returned w/o revalidation

Just received my passport and other documents (minus both the fees and DS-156), along with a letter titled "Temporary Refusal"
Apparently, it was missing DS-157, a new form required since Jan/Feb (??). Unfortunately I didn\'t know about this form when I sent my application on Feb 4, 2002. The letter says:
"Please provide the following additional documentation so that we can continue processing your application. When you return your package, mark the OUTSIDE of the envelope 221(g) CLEARLY. Send your application to our Washington address.
[X] You did not enclose a DS-157
..."

Has anyone received this yet? What I would like to know is:
a) How long would it take to get the passport stamped after sending directly to Washington? (I am planning a trip to India by end of May)
b) Do I need to send in both the fees again?
c) Would it be ok, if I did not submit my application again; instead get it stamped in India?

Thanks in advance for any inputs you can give.

Found some answers to my own questions...

At the DOS site http://travel.state.gov/resub.html , they mention a few things about resubmitting application. One of them being enclosing \'evidence of fee payments\'. I had sent them cashier\'s checks, so whats the evidence of payment here?

New Revalidation Time(Mar-05 2002 onward)

Please update your approval/stamped date from today onward.
Mine was approved on Feb-04, 2002 , and still waiting for PP.
Thank you for your support.

When can i send my H1 for Revalidation

Hi,
My current H1 is expiring on June 30, 2002. I got my renewal and thinking of sending that to St Louis for revalidation. DOS website says that i need to wait untill 60 days before the expiration. Is that true? I know that some of my friends have applied much before the actual expirtation dates. I appreciate any info.

Thanx.
-RK

I-797 notice of approval and I-797 employment petition

what is the difference between I-797 notice of approval (to be submitted if original I-94 expired) and valid employment petition. the documentation mentions that you need to submit both. is there any benefit from sending the original vs a photocopy. any help would be appreciated.

Passport Sent for revalidation and still on wait to receive it

Hello Friends,
I sent my passport for revalidation to St.Louis thru fedex overnite service along with all the required documents on Nov\'13 and it reached DOS on Nov\'14. The only blunder i did was "DIN\'T ENCLOSE THE RETURN ENVELOPE" and it is me a costing a lot mentally. I have been calling DOS since the mid of Jan to find the status and during the first week of feb i get to know that my case has been processed and sent for dispatch on Feb the 3rd. And tilldate i have not received my passport and causing chaos in all ways. Of the late i have been calling DOS to give me a clue to track my case and they give me an answer saying that as i din;t enclose the return envelope it would be sent thru regular mail and there is no way to track the information. I went to the local postoffice and xplained them my situation and they say -- can\'t track any information if its a regular mail. Since the last couple of days i have been calling DOS, regardless of those long waits i get an answer saying that the server is down and they cant help me out with any information.
I welcome all advises on how to proceed further.
Many Thanks,
A

Question about Misdemeanor

I got a misdemeanor ticket for Battery in November. I got scared of the things happend and came to India after this incident happend. But I am pursuing this by hiring an attorney in US.

My question is....will I have an opportunity of coming back to US, regardless of case status..(convicted or not convicted). I dont think they will verify the criminal records, while processing H1. But will embassy people know about the records in US, when they stamp our Passport.

Please reply..

RE:kdp93n

Was your revalidation rejected for any reason and you were resubmitting the application? The thing the site referring is for those cases. In those cases, if you got the cashier\'s check, you should attach the withdrwal slip or some bank documents indicating that you already sent the money to INS.

Hi please help...

I am also in the same boat. I got a misdeamenor ticket in November for Battery. I came to India after that. My attorney is pursuing this matter and she told me yesterday that she negotiated with judge and got him agreed that it will be treated as an infraction (like you said like traffic ticket). Same judgement will be given on April 2nd.

I have one question...did you friend has to be booked when he got this changed to infraction ..booked means..getting fingerprints and photos..is it required for that. I was not arrested when they gave me citation. They just took my picture..not finger prints. Could you email me at kp9991@rediffmail.com..I want to talk to you personally..which will be helpful for me to understand the situation and get the things better. This will make my life...please email..
atleast reply here..

Thanks a lot

DS-157

Sent my application on Jan 19th to St Louis for visa revalidation, did not include DS 157. Will they require this form now.

DS157

DS157 was available starting Jan 18th, but was not online till 2 days later. I sent it with my application on Jan 22. I dont think that should be a problem.

Visa Office says consider your passport as lost.

I sent my passport for re validationn on 18th of Oct.. Till date I didn\'t get my passport back. I called visa office today, officer told me that your passport is in anthrax contamination list and consider your passport as lost. She asked me to contact Indian embassy and get a new passport, also I have to go out of country to get new visa. They will fax me a letter about this. Is this happened to anyone else? Will there be any problem in getting new passport? How much time it take to get new passport.