New revalidation times ( Jan 22, 2002 Onwards)

Visa Stamp in New Passport

Ray,

Same is the case with me. I also got a new passport from Indian consulate. DOS said they found passport and stamp it and send it. Indian consulate said, they will anyway cancel the old passport. Con\'t we ask Indian consulate to take the new one back. If not, Do you know the procedure, how to transfer visa from old to new passport? I really appreciate your update..

same with me

hi

My passport has also been stuck but I have not received any mail so far. Have u given up your old or new passport to the Indian embassy?. Can we ask them to take the new passport insted of the old one? Please update what u did?. It would be very helpful.

thanx

DS-157

I sent my revalidation application March 13. I did not sent DS-157 because at that time I did not know that it is a required document. Is there any way for me to send the DS-157 document now to revalidation office and can they link it with my passport correctly. Or should I have to wait until I get a rejection and resend it. Also I am planning on going back to India on June 11. Will I have enough time for revalidation if I have to send the passport back. Would it be a better idea to get it stamped in India. Did you hear of any H-1B revalidation rejections in Chennai, India.

Thanks

rcvd pp

pp sent on feb 1 - rcvd at st. louis feb 4 - rcvd at washington dc
march 13 - got back pp with visa stamp on april 5
good luck to all of you who are still waiting for their pp\'s.

-jstlky

Old and New Passports Confusion

Ray,

When I was issued a new passport, Indian consulate took a notarized letter from me stating that, If I ever receive my old passport back from DOS, I will return both the Passports to Indian consulate. They will cancel one(usually old one) and return both to me. Thay also said, I can travel with both passports(One should be Cancelled always)

But the thing is you need to carry both always and everytime you may need to explain the story at POE. Also I remember Indian consular saying, they havn\'t decided exactly what they should do, if we get our passports back from DOS. So, I guess they may consider taking new one back as they issued temporarly for one year. Please give inputs.. Thx/

No Title

Hi,

Congratulations! How did you come to know that your PP has reached Wash DC? Mine reached St.Louis on 18th March, should I expect to get it in the first week of May looking at the current speed? Any guesses? What\'s the best way to track it?

Thanks,
-Vadi

They are not very consistent...

I mailed my pp on 2/20/02, received in St.Louis on 2/21/02, received in Washington on 3/4/02, still waiting... I called to check on status about a week ago, they told me when it was transferred to Washington and said that the normal wait time is still 12 weeks. Hope to get it sooner than that..

proof of fees

hi kdp,
         i got refusal letter for not adding ds-157..as like u .how did u fill that form?some questions are confusing like list of all spellings and native alphabet as full name?and what did u send for proof of fees?help me.

sat

How did you find your PP is already in Washington DC ?

How did you find your PP is already in Washington DC ?

Also I noticed I made some mistake in answering one question in form DS 156. One of the Questions is : Are any of the following people in USA, or Permenant residents or US cititzens. I misread the Q and thought that I should mark only if they are Permanent residants or citizens, so I said no to wife ( She is working here and she is the Primary on the GC application ? ). Do you see any issues here ? I would appriciate your feed back.

I have sent PP on 02/26/02 to St. Louis and not received PP Yet.

I found out that my pp was in Washington by calling there

I honestly don\'t know if the mistake that you\'ve made on the application will affect your revalidation. I doubt it, but you better call DOS and ask them. I found their staff to be pretty helpful, so do call them. Good luck.

H1 Processing time and revalidation time after that

Pls. help. I have applied for H1 and that is in process. My main concern is getting it stamped from St. Louis. If some recently got his or her H1 stamped pls. tell me how much time it took to get it stamped. thanks in advance

No Title

Transfer of visa might be a long process. What you can do is contact Indian embassy and ask them what should you do in this situation because what I think they would do is cancel your old one and in there files they will put your old passport number along with new one.
good luck

No Title

Sent to St.Louis originally by FEDEX on 1/31
Received back on 3/8 with rejection regarding detailed employer letter
Re-Sent, this time to DC, by Fedex on 3/11
Received with stamp by Fedex on 4/8

good luck to all those who are waiting

Did u ever receive your old passport!!!

Hi Chotu,
Its been more than 4 months that i sent my passport but din enclose the return envelope... wonder what to do next. Did you ever receive your old passport which was sent to DOS or is it still hanging no where ?

more than 4 months wait !!!

Hi Ray,
Its been more than 4 months that i sent my passport but din enclose the return envelope... wonder what to do next. Do you think i can still wait for some more time and check on the passport which i sent for revalidation or just go for a new one. Is there any email id of DOS which you can share. Coz i faxed them and they din\'t reply yet and to all my call all i get to hear is wait for another couple of weeks.
sent to DOS on 11/14
processed and mailed by them on 2/5 thru regular mail.

All help appreciated !
Thanks.

Revalidation takes only 6 weeks now.

Hi,

To your concern. Revalidation is taking only 6 weeks now from the time you submit it. I submitted mine on 2/12 and got it back by 3/26. I submitted when the time taken was still around 10-12 weeks. But, you can find a lot of cases here where it got stamped in 6 weeks. So keep your Eyes open and keep checking your return tracking number on the fedex envelope when you think its 6 weeks up.

Take care,

toughdba.

Taking long time...

sent PP on 2/5 in St. Louis at 2/6.

Called DOS lady on 3/26
DOS lady said it was received on 2/20 in DC and in process

Still waiting ...

Anyone in similar date who\'s waiting ?

Thanks

No Title

I din give up the hope on my old one !!! \'Coz i have some processing going on my old passport and did not check up with the indian embassy for the new one.

Please keep me posted on things at your end !!!

Thanks.

No Title

Please keep me posted if you have ever received your old passport. Appreciate all your help.

Thanks.