New revalidation times ( Jan 22, 2002 Onwards)

Revalidation at Canada border post anyone?

I am planning on visiting India on first of May, but my passport has a valid H1-B visa on my former employer\'s name. I have transferred my employment and received a new I-797. My old visa expires on July 30, 2002 and I am planning on coming back to US on June 26, 2002. A few people I have talked with (including an immigration lawyer) said I should be alright. But I talked with the the INS at a port of entry (Major international airport), apparantly, they don\'t know that it is alright. According to him, I am supposed to get a new visa with the new employer\'s name on it. As I have more than 60 days on my previous visa I can\'t use the St. Louis revalidation, so I am planning on visiting Toronto Canada for revalidation of my H1-VISA. I would really appreciate incites from you all. Thanks a lot in advance.

Revalidation

Hi umesh,

I Sent my revalidation on Jan 3rd till now i never recvd my PP.
Do you have any suggestion to make about my case?

Ram

No Title

Hi,
    For Line 19: you should say TEMPORARY EMPLOYMENT
    For line 20: YOUR HOME ADDRESS
    For Line 21: You can say
                           NOT APPLICABLE or
                           ALREADY STAYING IN U.S or
                           ARRIVED ON MM/DD/YYYY(Date of last arrival)

Received PPs

I received my passports today 20th March from Washington DC.
Received at St.Louis on 21st Jan
Approved Date 15th Feb
Received back Passports 20th March
Used Fedex overnight

forgot to attach a self addressed fed-ex.

Hi

I submitted my passport/documents for H1 revalidation. but forgot to add a self addressed fed-ex envelope for return. Can anyone guide me as to what should I do now?.

No Title

Hi Friend,
Please talk to the DOS and let them know a fedex a/c no. if you have one and ask them to return thru that or let them know that u wud bear the xpenses. I have sent my passport on 11/14 and din enclose the return envelope and still waiting on it. Check up with them and let them know your concern.
Hope this helps!!!

It might take some extra days to get the passport back

Shan Gopalakrishnan,

It might take some extra days for you to get the PP back since you havent enclosed a self address fedex env.

I am really not sure whether there is anything that can be done about this.

About the timings, we see some people getting their pp back in around 2 months. Its taking much longer for some.

Got PP .

sent to St. Louis : 4-feb-2002
received at st. louis : 5th feb
stamped date : 19th march
received : 21st march..

Good to hear that you got yours back.

So I can hope to get it sometime next week as:
sent mine on Feb 7th.
St Louis recieved it on Feb 8th.

Keeping my fingers crossed

Talked to the Lady at DOS in Washington DC

She told me they were processing applications recieved in Feb begining and so I should get my passport in another week to 10 days.

The wait is almost over here but still continues in the LC queue......

Give me the contact info of DOS officer

Hi GC-IS-A-DREAM,

I sent my pp on Feb-12 and received at ST. Luise on Feb-13. Can you please give the telephon # of DOS officer, so that I can contact him/her and check my status,

Thanks in advance,
NDR

To Face off n Shan Gopal

Guys,

Am in same boat. Sent to St Loius on 10/31/01 and no reply from DOS. They say that the PP was stamped on 1/14 and sent. I did NOT include the return envelope. I have given up ALL hope.
I filed a complaint at the police station saying i lost my pp and then went to the Indian consul to get a new one and got the visa stamp in bombay which was a cake walk.

Good luck.

Passport recieved back on 03/22

Sent to St Louis - 02/07
Recieved by St Louis - 02/08
Passport stamped - 03/20
Recieved back on - 03/22

So it took 30 working days to get it and in all 40 days to get the passport back.

good luck to all those who are waiting

Any guys with PP received on 2/06 ?

Sent on 2/5, received on 2/6. waiting... ? The DOS lady told me its not yet time. She says 12-15 weeks. Anyone other than the 2 posts got their PP ?

Thanks

Sent on 1/15, status?

raj_vir,

did you get your passport back? i submitted mine on the same day and have not received it yet.

numan

Nationality changed during revalidation :)

I received my PP after revalidation (sent 01/31, received 03/25). The visa office has mistakenly entered my nationality as "GRBR" (Great Britain) on my INDIAN passport :)
Now I have to find out a way to get it corrected.

Husha..received passport with visa stamp..pretty quick!

Sent to St.Louis originally by normal USPS (not a good idea) on 2/4
Received back on 3/4 with rejection since it was missing DS-157
Re-Sent, this time to DC, by Fedex Express on 3/5
Received with stamp by Fedex on 4/2 (Wow!!)
Least to say that was an extremely pleasant surprise going by the time intervals I have been hearing!!
Good luck to you all in your quest for a Visa