New revalidation times ( Jan 22, 2002 Onwards)

Please help...Query not received

My receipt no was sent on Oct 11th 2001.Apparently INS sent a query on Nov 7th 2001 .Nor our attorneys nor we received the query.It is almost 3 month.We tried faxing INS.REcently sent a letter too not to mention tried calling INS(thoug could not get through).Is there any other way I can know what the query is.Thanks.

I guess they will stamp

because it reached to them on 11/05/01 , I hope they will take this date into consideration. All the best ,please post your result.

RE:Visa Revalidation -- Passport sent to St.Louis

I would suggest to call the DC office and check whether they received your passport. Also, talk to the lawyer who helped in processing your H1-B.

Best of luck.

Regards
Rajesh

RE:revalidation - stamp expired for more than a year

You have to get your H1-B stamped outside US. Refer
http://travel.state.gov/hlop.html and instruction # 1).

I did mine some 3 years back in Chennai. After Sep. 11th there may be some changes(I am not sure). Please check this site itself or talk to your immigration attorney.

Regards
Rajesh

Drop Box facility in India

I am planning to revalidate my H1 and my wife\'s H4 visa at drop box facility in India.
Do any one want to share experience or comments?
Anyone\'s response will be really useful.

New Revalidation Times

my visa is stamped
Sent on 11/18
Recvd at St. Louis on 11/20
Stamped 1/30
Received Passport 1/31

Got the passport sent for Revalidation

Sent on 11/15
Recvd at St. Louis on 11/16
Received Passport 1/31

misdeneanor case reply

I apologize for replying late. This is what my friend did - he hired a criminal attorny for resolution of the misdemeanor case. The lawyer managed to get it resolved as something like a traffic ticket. Now, when my friends attorny applied for revalidation, the opinion of both the immigration and criminal attornys were to check "yes" in regards to question that appears in the Visa form asking for any criminal conviction. Accroding to the lawyers, she was convicted at the first place irrespective of what the outcome of the case was. At the same time, there opinion was to check yes whenever a question like this is asked. You may check with your lawyer.

Received on St:Louis 12/11/2001

Received my revalidation application at st:louis on 12/11/2001
Please help me when I will get my passport back.

My friend sent it on 12/17/2001

One of my friend sent on 12/17. On monday (01/28/2002), he called 202-663-1225 and asked about his case. The lady said his case had been approved on Thursday (01/24/2002) and he should receive his PP within 2 weeks.

Sent 11/19, Received Passport with Visa 01/31

It took me 10 weeks. Good luck to everyone.

Approved

I just got news that my revalidation is approved on monday 01/28 and will receive it in the next two weeks.

sent 11/02/01 recd st.louis 11/05/01
reached washington 12/03/01 and approved 01/28/02.

Does it take really two weeks for them to send the passport.... Please let me know if anyone got it before two weeks.

I hope that application recd in washington before 12/03/01 are processed now. Will keep you updated when i rx mine.

Thanks.

Thanx Asic Chip

In detail my case was same shop lifting - but I did pled guilty and selected 50 hours do community service as per criminal attorney. Then I did expunged to but as per my imm attorney, there is no place in Labor or I-140 where I have to show all this info, but in validation and as well as in 485 yes I have to show them

Thanks again to reply

Revalidation

Sent my for revalidation 12/17. Requested back on 1/23. Need to travel to India on Feb 20 for marriage. How do I get the current status of my application? They are not saying anything.

Try this

Hi,

Call 202-663-1225, Wait till the long message ends and it will take you to a visa officer... greet her nicely and tell her that you sent your passport for revalidation sometime like 11/10 and it reached st.louis on 11/11 and tell her that you r really worried about your status. Tell her that you have a emergency situation that came up and had to withdraw and brag and moan for some time. She should take your name, DOB and country and will look in her system. Verify if your request for cancellation was entered. Please keep your status posted.