New Revalidation Time @ St. Louis

Did you contact them or did they contact you about the new passport?

Hi Ray,
Did they tell you to apply for a new passport etc?

How exactly did you find out that you were on the quarantine list? Did they contact you or did you contact them to find status?

This is all very confusing. The recording says that they are processing ones received prior to Nov 02, 2001
--Das

Received at St Louis 10/22

I called DOS and they told me my packet is One of 300 odd held back because of Antrax scare. They will fax me a letter to this effect.
I called up Indian Consulate in New York, they informed me I have to apply for a duplicate passport. I have to pay all there required fees etc. That sounds good, but the bad part is I have to be present at their New York office and I am based out of Ohio. Does any one have any experience getting a duplicate passport from Indian Consulate? Last thing DOS informed me The packets held might never be released. If they are not released within next month they will refund me my fees.
Anybody whose packet was received around 10/22 should call the DOS and wait for the Officer.

Lets discontinue this thread and use the new one from Jan 02, 2002 onwards

I just started a new thread as this one was getting to big and difficult to track... Please use the new one...

samy123

How will u get ur duplicate passport stamped ?

Is there a process on how to get the duplicate passport stamped ?

New thread address is as below

"New Revalidation Times at St. Louis (Jan 02, 2002 onwards)" 1/2/02 4:51pm

Hope this helps

samy123

Updated 01/02/2002: Dept of State Visa Revalidation Processing News

Holiday travel and disruption of mail service as a result of the anthrax incidents have lengthened processing time for revalidations to 10-12 weeks. Special processing requirements imposed as a result of the September 11 attacks result in additional delays for some applicants (Remember those twenty three countries, particularly in the Middle East?). In the wake of the anthrax crisis, all materials that were present in the State Department mailrooms when the anthrax crisis began are being scheduled for decontamination. Approximately 300 passports and visa applications that arrived at the State Department on October 25, 2001 from the St Louis bank facility are known to be either inaccessible or lost. These applicants are currently being contacted by the DOS to advise that they should apply for a new passport with their governments. Reports indicate that those whose passports are lost in this process will not be able to apply for revalidation even if they get a new passport. These applicants are reportedly advised to apply for the visa either at the American consulate in their home countries or in some incidents at the American Consulate in Ciudad Juarez, Mexico. Another victims of Anthrax Scare!!

Arrested but not convicted...any problems in revalidation

Hi all!
I have to apply for revalidation soon. I was arrested two years back but I was not convicted (proven not guilty) Will there be a problem getting my revalidation?

Thanks.

H1 transfer / not stamped / H4 to be stamped in india

DOS(ST. Louis)taking 4 months approx. to get the stamping done since the papers r going to washington for validation/verification. I have got my H1 transfer approval and since DOS is taking long time for stamping, i am not currently planning to send my papers to DOS for stamping. I need to get my Wife stamped in India on H4. If i just send her my passport copy having old stamp with a copy of my new H1 approval notice and my new employers pay stubs, can she get stamped.
its urgent...if u guys can answer

No Title

WHo tld St. Louis is taking 4 months. That\'s all wrong news. I got my passports in less than 3 months and they had a lot of holidays in those three months. I got them on the 2nd day of twelth week. Please see the latest posts in the new thread started after Jan 2 2002. I\'m not sure about your wife\'s situation.