New Processing Times

The new processing times have finally been posted: https://egov.uscis.gov/cris/jsps/officeProcesstimes.jsp?selectedOffice=47

NYC is reporting July 20, so it's slowly edging forward. Let's see if we actually manage to get over the end of July hump with the next update.

Hi,

Is this time frame mean the local office already finished the applications before 2007 7/20? But what kind of "finished"? Is the oath letter or interview or something? Can someone explain this time frame???????????????

Please!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thank you very much!!!!

interesting, for baltimore still says may 10th. that cannot be, can it? if yes, i am thinking 2010 for me :(

proudpal you received your IL? hope you're celebrating :). i can tell last few months i have become very antsy about having things move along. a bit faster wouldn't hurt

can't be..
Kansas City shows 07/20/2007 as well...which does not really come close to my date..

So the time frame might be Oath letter time frame?????

I really don't know if we can trust this processing time?

Thanks

i can;t imagine either. since december the dates have not changed much for baltimore. now, i understand holidays and all that but to say may 10th, 2007 still? i don't know. i just want that IL letter, like now. then maybe i'll get motivated to go through those questions.

San Diego says 07-20-2007 as well.
Proudpal, you made me sick, now I am checking everything twice:(

Nimche..hang on bro..hang on...
It will come..sooner or later..and usually it tastes better and sweeter when it is late..so hang on...

If I'm not mistaken, official processing time is from PD to Interview date, not IL or Oath. So Proudpal's timeline seems well within the range they are publishing: 6-7 months.

The new processing times have finally been posted: https://egov.uscis.gov/cris/jsps/officeProcesstimes.jsp?selectedOffice=47

NYC is reporting July 20, so it's slowly edging forward. Let's see if we actually manage to get over the end of July hump with the next update.

If it's true, it's actually already incredible. Granted the worst period should be the last week of July, but for them even to have got through early July at the regular pace is impressive. If you look at the stats they publish, the "Hump" had already started to form in June (90% increase in receipts from previous year; 110% in July).

It's something to give us hope, but hardly a reliable figure since lots from July don't have ILs, and some from December do!

It's something to give us hope, but hardly a reliable figure since lots from July don't have ILs, and some from December do!

This is true. However, there's always the option of filing a service request if your PD retrogresses by 30 days. If all background checks have been cleared, there's no reason for an applicant not to get an IL, as long as their PD falls within the time frame that's being currently reported.

i can;t imagine either. since december the dates have not changed much for baltimore. now, i understand holidays and all that but to say may 10th, 2007 still? i don't know. i just want that IL letter, like now. then maybe i'll get motivated to go through those questions.

Haha, look at Philly - April 10, 2007. Comparing to that, you are way ahead.

This is true. However, there's always the option of filing a service request if your PD retrogresses by 30 days. If all background checks have been cleared, there's no reason for an applicant not to get an IL, as long as their PD falls within the time frame that's being currently reported.

I read this question so many times that " What if your background check is done (like in our case) and you are ready for interview, would they give your an interview even though there are people who applied before you did?"
I tried to understand the process, but it doesn't really make any sense?

When the Background check is clear, they suppose to put you in the queue to be schduled for an interview? But if this is the case, why in our infopass (at least in mine) the officer didn't tell me if that is what will happen to my case. She said "In process and takes usually 90 days to do paper works, she sounded like your interview will be schduled from actual Service Center in California (CSC) not the DO.
I should have asked her more questions, I think I was too excited to hear about my Name to be cleared that I forgot to ask more questions to clear any further doubts.
Could you guys please elaborate on this subject a bit.
Thank you

I read this question so many times that " What if your background check is done (like in our case) and you are ready for interview, would they give your an interview even though there are people who applied before you did?"
I tried to understand the process, but it doesn't really make any sense?

A couple of members of this forum (dnyc and nyker) both sent in their N-400s on 12/27/07, and have already received their ILs. Myself, Vik Pal, thrix, and a couple of other members have applied at around the same time and had our name checks cleared. We're still waiting for ILs.

Just when we think we have finally figured out how the USCIS works, something like this happens and blows a big hole in our theory. Technically, if your background check is done, you should be given an interview, even if there are people with earlier PDs, but still have their background check pending. Apparently, that's not always the case.

When the Background check is clear, they suppose to put you in the queue to be schduled for an interview? But if this is the case, why in our infopass (at least in mine) the officer didn't tell me if that is what will happen to my case. She said "In process and takes usually 90 days to do paper works, she sounded like your interview will be schduled from actual Service Center in California (CSC) not the DO.
I should have asked her more questions, I think I was too excited to hear about my Name to be cleared that I forgot to ask more questions to clear any further doubts.
Could you guys please elaborate on this subject a bit.
Thank you

When I went to InfoPass, the IO explicitly stated that my background check has been cleared and I've been placed in queue for interview. What I think your IO meant to say is that you've been placed in queue, and it will take up to 90 days for your interview to scheduled. It's a fact that service centers schedule the interviews, not the DOs. The service center has a list of available interview dates and times for all DOs in their jurisdiction, and schedules the interviews on the basis of that list. Once the interview has been scheduled, your case is then transferred to the DO.

Thanks for the alert about the USCIS site update, Vorpal.

My DO, Oklahoma City, is not one of the 20 July DOs but is hanging back a little at 11 July. I'm still hoping to get an interview date before the next site update though.

Fingers crossed for all remaining July and August PDs - we surely must be nearing the front of the lines now! :)

Thanks for the alert about the USCIS site update, Vorpal.

My DO, Oklahoma City, is not one of the 20 July DOs but is hanging back a little at 11 July. I'm still hoping to get an interview date before the next site update though.

Fingers crossed for all remaining July and August PDs - we surely must be nearing the front of the lines now! :)

I agree. Our ILs are definitely right around the corner. In fact, looking at your PD, I wouldn't be surprised if yours arrived sometime within the next couple of weeks. Looks like we may be able to vote this year, after all.

Vorpal,

did you find out the date when your name check cleared?
I wonder if your 1 - 2 month are from that date or the date you had your infopass.