New Jersey SESA Tracker

Status
Not open for further replies.
VOYAGER_99 said:
First of all. Nobody's case will be approved in NJ untill they finish early 2001 cases. I have june 02 priority date from nj RIR eb3 and this doesnt mean any approval. If you look at ny forum you will see they r getting approval from the cases which is September 2001. That means we must wait until they get approved. If you look at FAQ from labor department web page, you will see there are some staff doing approvals for earlier cases. FIFO is the rule. Untill 2001 cases approved, nobody from 2002 will see labor cert. until 2002's approved and finished, nobody will see labor in 2003

if this is the case, then it's good.. Atleast they are trying to follow FIFO rule. How about 45 days letter..? Are they following any order to issue the 45 days letter?

no any rule for 45 day letter. but they will follow the FIFO rule for approvals.

AugLabor said:
if this is the case, then it's good.. Atleast they are trying to follow FIFO rule. How about 45 days letter..? Are they following any order to issue the 45 days letter?

45 days letter

Hi

I got 45 days letter from PBEC, but there is not PD there is no mention of which state did they got it from.

How can I know that, this 45 days letter is in response to which state application?

Thanks
Sandeep Sahai

please provide suggestions for the following

I got Labor Approved last week but Igot the information today and also lawyer was on vacation last week. Is there some that could be done(giving them strong reason) so that we do not get into retrogate and apply I-140 and 485 together and hence get EAD soon.

Iinquired NY Regional processing center regarding our labor progress and they send us letter last week indicating it will go through backlog center so I was not even ready to apply for next stage(I-140 and 485) before sept. 30th.

Thanks a lot in advance for all your suggestions and advice.

How to reply 45 days letter

Hi

I got 45 days letter from PBEC, but there is not PD there is no mention of which state did they got it from.

Do we have any faq for how to reply for 45 days letter?

Thanks

How long did it take after the 45 day letter was replied?

How long did it take after the 45 day letter was replied?
Thanks

sonjd_gc said:
I got Labor Approved last week but Igot the information today and also lawyer was on vacation last week. Is there some that could be done(giving them strong reason) so that we do not get into retrogate and apply I-140 and 485 together and hence get EAD soon.

Iinquired NY Regional processing center regarding our labor progress and they send us letter last week indicating it will go through backlog center so I was not even ready to apply for next stage(I-140 and 485) before sept. 30th.

it seems, that my case did not go to the backlog center at all. it was still being processed out of NY regional office.
So no 45 letter
hope that answers your question.

congragulations
What is your priority date?
Thanks

sonjd_gc said:
it seems, that my case did not go to the backlog center at all. it was still being processed out of NY regional office.
So no 45 letter
hope that answers your question.

sonjd_gc said:

SOnjd, as I mentioned in my earlier posting, it is too bad you didnot apply for 485 right away (I am assuming your nationality is indian or chinese). Because after September 30 for these nations, people need to wait for an available 485 which may take some time (i am talking about years). If your nationality is not chinese or indian, then your lawyer can apply 485 right away, because most probably a 485 is already available for you.... Good luck...

voyager_99, my prioritiy date is april 2002..

lc_lc..,
my nationality is indian. so i dont know what to do/say/blame except my fate.
i believe that my labor got approved a week prior to sep 30, but since my lawyer was on vacation ( he returned oct 3, and i got news on oct 3 ) about my labor approval.
when i spoke to him, he mentioned that even if it got approved a week prior, we would have no chance to file before sept 30 because the medical requires a week etc..

thanks

One of my company employee has recieved his 45 days letter.
His details are as follow:
NJ
EB3
Jan 2004

Last edited by a moderator:
One of my colleagues obtained his LC approval (without a prior 45 day letter).
His details:
NJ, EB2, RIR
PD: April 2002
There is nothing much that can be done now, anyway.
All he can do is to await for PDs to become current(which can take years)and file for his I-140 and 485.

Is there another way to get the status of our case other than sending mail to 7 year extension mail address? I mean, I got the screen shot two months back and it was with T-XXX number and case status = incomplete. Is it ok to send another mail to know the status..?, Any suggestions..

KeenOnGC said:
One of my colleagues obtained his LC approval (without a prior 45 day letter).
His details:
NJ, EB2, RIR
PD: April 2002
There is nothing much that can be done now, anyway.
All he can do is to await for PDs to become current(which can take years)and file for his I-140 and 485.

There is "something" that can be done. Depending on the situation it may or may not have significant advantages.

File I-140. It will get approved in 3-5 months.
He can't file I-485 untill priority date is current.

But the advantages of filing I-140 are:
1. He get H-1 extensions beyong 6-years in 3-year increment
2. Priority date is "attached" to him unless the employer revokes the approved I-140. Without I-140, the employer may substitute his labor for someone else and he will lose his labor and priority date.

These advantages make "waiting years" less painful.

Last edited by a moderator:
sai_ani,
That explains why when I applied for my H1 7th year extension, they gave it to me for 3 years instead of 1 year. Although I dont even have Labor approval yet, looks like INS somehow "thought" that I had 140 approval (maybe) and gave it to me for 3 years !

I was trying to find out the answer as to how and why it happened. Your "advantages" list explains it.

Thanks again.

sai_ani said:
There is "something" that can be done. Depending on the situation it may or may not have significant advantages.

File I-140. It will get approved in 3-5 months.
He can't file I-485 untill priority date is current.

But the advantages of filing I-140 are:
1. He get H-1 extensions beyong 6-years in 3-year increment
2. Priority date is "attached" to him unless the employer revokes the approved I-140. Without I-140, the employer may substitute his labor for someone else and he will lose his labor and priority date.

These advantages make "waiting years" less painful.
Thanks for your input, Sai_ani.

Yes and worried/depressed/frustrated :mad:

EB2 & RIR
NJ / PD June 7, 2002
Not yet recd 45-day letter

Waiting4LC said:
Anyone filed before June 02 and have not yet received the 45 days letters?

EB 2 & RIR
My priority date is May 20, 2002
T case # is T-05139-27***

I haven't got one. This what the lawyer office said

"BEC is not going to start "processing" any cases until all of the 45 day letters are sent and they completed full data entry on approx. 345,000 cases they received."

Is it true? By following this forum I think some people who has later priority date that received and responded to the 45 days letters already have their case approved. Correct me if I am wrong.

Received screen shot

Received screen shot for 7th-year extension. Just posting this for whatever it is worth.

NJ RIR
EB3
PD Sept 2002
ETA Case No: T-05136-XXXXX
No 45 day letter

A little humor amidst the languish

"The delay in the release of the November 2005 visa bullen currently gives enough "thrill" to the level of orgasm to millions of people around the globe, particularly after their dropping of a huge bombshell in September."... :)

I am sorry!...but this quote from http://www.immigration-law.com/ was great!...I just thought we could have atleast one light moment in this agonizing wait...in any case, the above website is great for immigration matters...

Status
Not open for further replies.