New Jersey SESA Tracker

Status
Not open for further replies.
Respond from Secretary Chao

Guys,

Some of you might already have received this standard respond.
"However, in the interest of fairness and consistency, applications are processed in the order of their receipt and cannot be expedited based solely on the needs of individual employers or aliens. This avoids inequities that can arise when attempting to determine the relative merits of literally thousands of applications". This part really pissed me off. As you know some of the applicants that filed at a later time have received their labor certification approval.

"This new timeframe and consolidated approach to processing favorably compares to our old method which may have required a period of four or more years to reach and process a case". As for me, I have waited for 3 years. What's the difference now? :mad: :mad:

Anyway, just want to share what I got.

aycy

NJ RIR
PD June 2002
No 45 day letter yet...! :mad: :mad:

Your inquiry to Secretary of Labor Elaine L. Chao was referred to this office for reply. The Division of Foreign Labor Certification in the Employment and Training Administration (ETA) is responsible for administering the Department’s Foreign Labor Certification Program.

As part of our efforts to improve the processing of permanent labor certification applications, the State Workforce Agency or the Regional Office should have sent this application to the ETA Backlog Processing Center. The employer or its representative will know processing of this case has begun when the Center issues a "45-day letter” to the employer or its representative asking if it wishes to continue with the processing of the application. Additionally, the letter will notify the employer or its representative if any information from the application is missing. The employer or its representative will be given 45 days from the date of the letter to respond. If the employer or its representative fails to respond, the application will be closed.

We regret that there is such a large number of backlogged cases and empathize with your situation. However, in the interest of fairness and consistency, applications are processed in the order of their receipt and cannot be expedited based solely on the needs of individual employers or aliens. This avoids inequities that can arise when attempting to determine the relative merits of literally thousands of applications.

ETA has established two Permanent Program Backlog Centers in accordance with an interim final rule we published in the Federal Register on July 21, 2004. The rule allows us to consolidate state and Federal functions of the application review process into centralized locations. Additional resources were requested from Congress in FY 2005 so that we may continue work on eliminating the backlog. Congress was not able to provide the full amount of funding requested. We estimate with adequate resources, it will take approximately 24-30 months to eliminate the permanent program’s backlog of cases. This new timeframe and consolidated approach to processing favorably compares to our old method which may have required a period of four or more years to reach and process a case.

To further improve the operations of the permanent labor certification program, ETA implemented a new re-engineered permanent labor certification program on March 28, 2005, as published in a final regulation on December 27, 2004. We believe the new program will improve services to our various stakeholders.

DOL has worked with CIS to set up a new system in the Backlog Elimination Centers to assist individuals who have submitted an application for permanent labor certification prior to March 28, 2005 and need proof of the submission to apply for an extension of an H-1B visa.

Individuals should send an e-mail to the appropriate Backlog Center explaining the need for the H-1B extension and requesting verificatio that their application is pending at the Center. The e-mail addresses are h1b7yr@dal.fdflc.us for the Dallas Center and h1b7yr@phi.dflc.us. for the Philadlephia Center. Please include all pertinent information (employer name and address, alien Name and address, date of filing, state where filed, and case number if known).

The Center will respond to your request with verification that the application has been pending for 365 days.

I hope that this information is helpful.

Keeping priority date

Say you leave a company before your labour is cleared, but your company proceeds to apply for I-140.

Can that priority date be used in your new GC application from a new company?

I read that it only works if you leave after the I-140 has cleared and if you leave before, like us where the lc is still going on, we can lose the priority date.

Any ideas? Comments?

TiredNJLabourer said:
Say you leave a company before your labour is cleared, but your company proceeds to apply for I-140.

Can that priority date be used in your new GC application from a new company?

I read that it only works if you leave after the I-140 has cleared and if you leave before, like us where the lc is still going on, we can lose the priority date.

Any ideas? Comments?
You cannot carry over a GC process or PD from one employer to the other.

Can you please give me more info

I read this

Yes, you can use the previous PD as long as the I-140 was approved. Such a PD belongs to the employee and not the employer. So you can use it to your advantage. This is outlined by USCIS by something called the 'Pearson Memo' - 'Retention of Priority Dates'. You may have to provide proof of earlier filing and I-140 approval. If you dont have proof, file for informatian from USCIS based on FOIA.

http://www.murthy.com/news/UDinsigs.html

I am now confused

Position Change or Title change

My labor was filed about 3 years ago in Sept 2002 in NJ. My position then was as Systems Engineer and was in the technical side of things. However, since then I have acquired my MBA and have an opportunity to join the Business Development Team in the same company.
How will this affect my Green card processing?...Will my entire labor application be invalidated and I will have to start over all again after 3 years of waiting. And what about the Salary part...what happens if that increases?

Another case, is suppose the job description remains the same, but your title changes, then what happens...like from Systems Engineer to Business Analyst?

I apologize for this many questions...
Thanks for your help,

Central New Jersey Residents

Congress man Frank Pallone is arranging a Community Forum on Tuesday , Aug 2nd at Ediosn Muncipal Complex,100 Muncipal Blvd,council chambers(it 's on Rt 27) from 7:30 to 9:30 to discuss public issues
I suggest to all The LEGAL Immigrant Residents near by edison/metuchen to attend this meeting and raise concerns about Immigration related issues especially
DOL Backlog reduction !!

You are suppossed be in the same position until your application is approved. Now if they send in a query then you might have an issue but if you are lucky and there are no queries they might just send the approval.
I don't know if you still need to be holding the same postion for filing 140/485
But you must speak with your HR to see if they will help you out.
Good Luck

garywarrier said:
My labor was filed about 3 years ago in Sept 2002 in NJ. My position then was as Systems Engineer and was in the technical side of things. However, since then I have acquired my MBA and have an opportunity to join the Business Development Team in the same company.
How will this affect my Green card processing?...Will my entire labor application be invalidated and I will have to start over all again after 3 years of waiting. And what about the Salary part...what happens if that increases?

Another case, is suppose the job description remains the same, but your title changes, then what happens...like from Systems Engineer to Business Analyst?

I apologize for this many questions...
Thanks for your help,

45 day letter

Hi, all,

Since the 45 day letter is very important to us, is there any way to check if backlog center in Philadelphia has sent out this letter or not yet? What month of year for NJ PD are they sending 45 day letter. I have found that many people who filed RIR from other state in 2003 got 45 day letter in Feb, Mar. 2005. Some of them have got labor certificaition approval. My PD is Aug. 2002 in NJ, I haven't got 45 day letter yet. It seems that FIFO is not true. My lawyer told me that there is no way to check the case status yet but wait. If we can't check the case status and unable to get information about process from Backlog Center, we may wait for nothing in case the letter is missed. They may have closed your file when you finally find that your 45 day letter has been missed.

If someone just got 45 day letter, could you tell us your Priority date? Thanks.

PD begin of Aug. 2002

No 45 day letter yet

No 45 day letter yet. :mad:

NJ June 2002
RIR
EB2

bluesky133 said:
Hi, all,

Since the 45 day letter is very important to us, is there any way to check if backlog center in Philadelphia has sent out this letter or not yet? What month of year for NJ PD are they sending 45 day letter. I have found that many people who filed RIR from other state in 2003 got 45 day letter in Feb, Mar. 2005. Some of them have got labor certificaition approval. My PD is Aug. 2002 in NJ, I haven't got 45 day letter yet. It seems that FIFO is not true. My lawyer told me that there is no way to check the case status yet but wait. If we can't check the case status and unable to get information about process from Backlog Center, we may wait for nothing in case the letter is missed. They may have closed your file when you finally find that your 45 day letter has been missed.

If someone just got 45 day letter, could you tell us your Priority date? Thanks.

PD begin of Aug. 2002

PD Aug 14th 2002. No 45 day letter yet.

Bluesky133 : Your feedback includes "other states", and you should very well know by now that NJ is quite different from other states, considering the number of apps and the backlog.

I would rather have this forum focus on local NJ'ites, and share the news if anyone got the 45 day notice.

no news

Nj Rir June 2002 No 45 Day Letter, Sick Of Waiting.

I Have A Very Important Question,
Is There Any Way To Apply To Perm With A Future Employer. Kepp Old Application And Visa. And Apply For Future Employement To Perm?
Thx For Help.

Sick, Sick, Sick Of Waiting...

VOYAGER_99 said:
Nj Rir June 2002 No 45 Day Letter, Sick Of Waiting.

I Have A Very Important Question,
Is There Any Way To Apply To Perm With A Future Employer. Kepp Old Application And Visa. And Apply For Future Employement To Perm?
Thx For Help.

Sick, Sick, Sick Of Waiting...

If your future employer is a different employer than the current LC sponsor. Yes you can.

It's when you are trying to do PERM and old LC with the same employer that things are unclear.

Hi NJ folks,

Some one from MARYLAND got 45 day letter. It is a SWA case went to PBEC.
case num of P05139- *****

Did anyone got 45 day letter???

I'm waiting from CT with temp case of T05153-*****

Nope

rirlaborCT said:
Hi NJ folks,

Some one from MARYLAND got 45 day letter. It is a SWA case went to PBEC.
case num of P05139- *****

Did anyone got 45 day letter???

I'm waiting from CT with temp case of T05153-*****
Nope.....!

NJ June 2002
EB2 RIR
NO 45 day letter

Hi Aycy,

Do you have your temp case num??

Someone from Maryland RIR SWA case with PD of AUG2002 got 45 day letter.??
Actually in generating 45 day letters they should follow FIFO.
looks like u have PD of JUNE2002 and should have got your 45 day letter by now.

T### and random

rirlaborCT said:
Hi Aycy,

Do you have your temp case num??

Someone from Maryland RIR SWA case with PD of AUG2002 got 45 day letter.??
Actually in generating 45 day letters they should follow FIFO.
looks like u have PD of JUNE2002 and should have got your 45 day letter by now.

Yes, I do have it. Unfortunately, no 45 day letter yet. I think they go by state and depend on which box they open on any day. Not true FIFO. Random...! Even if you have received the 45 day letter that does not even guarantee you getting processed anytime sooner. :mad: :mad: :mad:

T-05143-*****
NJ RIR June 2002

aycy said:
Yes, I do have it. Unfortunately, no 45 day letter yet. I think they go by state and depend on which box they open on any day. Not true FIFO. Random...! Even if you have received the 45 day letter that does not even guarantee you getting processed anytime sooner. :mad: :mad: :mad:

T-05143-*****
NJ RIR June 2002

I AM JUNE 2002 RIR CASE ALSO I DO NOT HAVE ANYTHING.

45 day letters flowing in for NJ

Just came to know, that the letters are coming through. I know a couple of people who already got their letters. Not FIFO or sequentially though.
I called the Philly BEC and was told that they are planning to send most of the letters out by mid September.

Hoping for the best..
-Nervewreck

VOYAGER_99 said:
I AM JUNE 2002 RIR CASE ALSO I DO NOT HAVE ANYTHING.

Status
Not open for further replies.