New Jersey SESA Tracker

Status
Not open for further replies.
very depressed

Guys,
I apologize if I am too harsh, but I am so pissed reading bad news everyday and I need some medium to explode my frustration:
It seems like ppl in NJ are too much optimistic about this labor process. Just glance at other state forum, there people are reacting to this mockery. If you can't do anything for yourself and sit idle, atleast post some reaction so that somebody who is willing to do something about this joke, is encouraged. Just look at my previous posts, I warned you guys its going to be worse but seems like you are still relying on PERM and BEC. DOL doesn't give shit about you and me, they started these (BEC, PERM) just to show higher authority that they are clearing out the application within 60 days but nobody will noticed that RIR application from Oct. 2001 is still pending. Even if we don't unite, just by posting our reaction here, someone might notice it. Atleast we can start small campaign and get help from Rajiv. Coming here everyday hoping for some good news won't serve any good. Its better to whine than do nothing.
Just imagine the consequences if they have same queue for RIR and regular labor at BEC. And also, if in case you don't know, visa can retrogress backward also.

USCISisMockery said:
Guys,
I apologize if I am too harsh, but I am so pissed reading bad news everyday and I need some medium to explode my frustration:
It seems like ppl in NJ are too much optimistic about this labor process. Just glance at other state forum, there people are reacting to this mockery. If you can't do anything for yourself and sit idle, atleast post some reaction so that somebody who is willing to do something about this joke, is encouraged. Just look at my previous posts, I warned you guys its going to be worse but seems like you are still relying on PERM and BEC. DOL doesn't give shit about you and me, they started these (BEC, PERM) just to show higher authority that they are clearing out the application within 60 days but nobody will noticed that RIR application from Oct. 2001 is still pending. Even if we don't unite, just by posting our reaction here, someone might notice it. Atleast we can start small campaign and get help from Rajiv. Coming here everyday hoping for some good news won't serve any good. Its better to whine than do nothing.
Just imagine the consequences if they have same queue for RIR and regular labor at BEC. And also, if in case you don't know, visa can retrogress backward also.
I agree with you USCISisMockery. Let's get together and do something. First I thought starting PERM itself is not fair without clearing these Backlogs. Now hearing about this RIR and Traditional combined in BEC from immigration-law.com hurts me even more. :((

I am in

Hi Guys,

I am in along with you guys to fight against this injustice.
I hope everybody in this forum joins us against these malpractises being followed.
All this is driving me insane. Seems like no standards have been defined. If you are lucky you get it otherwise you are doomed. Just one word for all these regulations and procedures: Pathetic

Last edited by a moderator:
njrirlabor said:
Hi Komatsola

congratulations!

Could you let me know, whether with NJ SWA notified your company/ attorney when they transferred the case to NY DOL. If yes, do you know, how long it took for you to get your approval from NY DOL.

I have been stuck since 02/2002. Filed NJ RIR. Got rFE from state in May 04 and responded, but no news since then.

I would appreciate if you could let me know.

Thanks
The

NJ SWA notified my company/ attorney when they transferred the case to NY DOL. It took about 6 months from the point where it was transfered to final approval. I also had a NOF, which was resolved in about 3 weeks.

I would check with your lawyer and find out what is going on.

Cheers and best of luck.

Hi All

I completely support USCISisMeckery, please let us know how we are proceeding further?

My case was moved to NYDOL on NOV 9th 2004, daily I am checking NYDOL AVM system, till today my case was not enterd into the system. Below people could you please let us know weather your case enterded into system or not?

May 6, 2002 njlabor_may02
May 7, 2002 sai_ani
May 11, 2002 KT2002
May 20, 2002 Waiting4LC
May 26, 2002 labourMay02

The recent BEC changes are panicking me.
Thanks

My case was tranfered by NJ SESA to NY DOL on Oct 20th. Its still not in their system !
I have no clue where it is and when its going to be processed...

Please provide updates if you get further details on your case.

Thanks.

maa_1456 said:
Hi All

I completely support USCISisMeckery, please let us know how we are proceeding further?

My case was moved to NYDOL on NOV 9th 2004, daily I am checking NYDOL AVM system, till today my case was not enterd into the system. Below people could you please let us know weather your case enterded into system or not?

May 7, 2002 sai_ani
May 11, 2002 KT2002
May 20, 2002 Waiting4LC
May 26, 2002 labourMay02

Thanks

Hi Laborispainful

Were you notified by NJ DOL that the case was transferred to NY DOL. If so, how were you notified of this. Did they mail you letter etc.

Thanks

Yup, my lawyer received notice from NJ that the case was transferred on 10/20.

njrirlabor said:
Hi Laborispainful

Were you notified by NJ DOL that the case was transferred to NY DOL. If so, how were you notified of this. Did they mail you letter etc.

Thanks

I am also in the same boat. My attorney called them on 609 292 2900 and found out that my case has been transferred to NY DOL on October 7th, but I can't find my case in their answering system. I spoke to my attorney and she has no clue whether the case will be processed by NY DOL or will go to BRC.

Again, I was reading Chicago and other forum looks like cases approved from state are also going to BRC !!

Please post if any one gets more details on it.

My case still no clue where it is ! My lawyesr replied to query from NJ State on Nov 2nd 2004.My Lawyer did not received any thing saying moved to NY DOL!!.

labor_dec02 said:
I agree with you USCISisMockery. Let's get together and do something. First I thought starting PERM itself is not fair without clearing these Backlogs. Now hearing about this RIR and Traditional combined in BEC from immigration-law.com hurts me even more. :((

Only way out seems to be Canada, but lets assure everybody that we won't let go without fight. Its mere exploitation. They are trying to test our patience. I still can't believe they will implement PERM joke without eliminating
existing files. On top of that we have Visa number retrogression. And last but not least (and most important) they will process RIR and regular application in same queue.
Its satirical that no lawyer has any idea about whole of these new initiatives by DOL (BEC, NPC, PERM...).

I think we should get suggestion from someone who is here in the forum for long time (or moderator) about how we should proceed. Here are my suggestions:

- letters to local politician
- create "exploited" group and collect some money to make people aware about our hardship via radio advertisement.
- storm support from AILA, ILW.com, murthy.com, Rajiv, fdbl.com and many more.
- Letters to Ombudsman Khatri, I think he was behind this idea where DOL processes new applications with new method and let old application decay.

Don't think that somebody will speak about it and everything will be fixed/solved. Nobody cares about you, its you who fights for yourself. If eventually we have to leave then why not let DOL/USCIS realize (do they ever ?) that we were important part of the society in every way.

Attention: Kathi & LabourMay02

I think I am in the same situation like both of you. I think we guys should keep in touch. My case is more like LabourMay02. We replied to an RFE in Nov 04, but since then no idea as to where the case is. I am not too sure if it has moved at all or not. My lawyer has beeen trying to reach the examiner/ Nj DOL but has not been able to so far.

My lawyer thinks, the case has moved to NY Regional or BRC, but is not sure. She keeps trying to call them to obtain a status on my case, but has not been very successful. Not sure, as to what we guys can do.

Let me know, if you hear any thing on your case. My filing date was RIR NJ Feb 02.

Look forward to hearing your thoughts on this.

Attention: Kathi & LabourMay02

I called the NJ DOL and spoke to a gentlemen, and he looked up my case, I told him I was the emplyer. I had received an RFE on my case in September 04 and we responded back in October. He indicated they have recd the RFE, but have not had time to look into the RFE, as they are busy handling some temporary cases. So, at this point in time, the file is still in NJ and has not been transferred anywhere. However, when they get to it, it will be transferred to NY Regional and not the backlog center.

So, LabourMay02, it looks like you might have a similar case as mine. Do you know the name of the examiner in NJ DOL who was handling your case.

I can find out mine from my lawyer. May be we are in the same pile, collecting dust.

maa_1456 said:
Hi All

May 7, 2002 sai_ani
May 11, 2002 KT2002
May 20, 2002 Waiting4LC
May 26, 2002 labourMay02

Thanks

I / My lawyer have not received any notification from NJ SESA. I am not sure if NJ SESA opened my case. My employer is talking to lawyer to request him to call NJ SESA. I should know something next week. (there has been a acquisition of the employer who filed my labor; so my new employer is not very keen on calling the labor department). I will keep you guys posted.

Hi NJRIRlabor,

Thanks for the update, Did the guy in Labor dept mention you that the case will go to NY DOL and not to BRC? just curious to know.

Thanks.

Kathi said:
Hi NJRIRlabor,

Thanks for the update, Did the guy in Labor dept mention you that the case will go to NY DOL and not to BRC? just curious to know.

Thanks.

Hi Kathi:

Yeah I specifically asked him if the case will go to BRC/ BEC or Ny DOL and he said that it will definately go to NY DOL and BEC.

Regards

RIR and NON RIR queue

I got a news letter from sheela murthy website and I have pasted the text below.

Update on Backlog Elimination Centers

"The meeting began with a Backlog Elimination Center (BEC) update. There are the two BECs in Philadelphia, PA and Dallas, TX, as well as two "satellite" backlog centers - New York, NY (with Boston, MA) and San Francisco, CA. The two satellites will stay open for approximately another year. The oldest cases from the regional offices are at the BECs. Open cases at the regions are not moving to the BECs. Each BEC has approximately 200 contract staff members. The federal staff moved to the BECs from the regional offices will make all final case decisions.

San Francisco had the largest volume of backlog cases, so 10,000 of their cases went to Dallas and 10,000 to Philadelphia. The DOL is using UPS for backlog shipments. The contract staff from Exceed Corporation is responsible for getting all of the cases moved to their proper locations. The current expectation is that there are an additional 200,000 cases from the states beyond those moved from the regions.

As of January 4, 2005, only 17 states had sent their backlogged cases that were due on December 31, 2004. This is approximately 24,000 cases. Larger states are slower because they have more cases to box.

Procedures at BECs

BEC operations have been making progress each day. There are many challenges because of the large volume of cases. There is a brand new software system that has glitches and a largely new staff that needs training. To date, they have sent approximately 26,000 "45-day letters." These are letters to potential employers essentially verifying whether or not the employer wishes to pursue the case. Of these, 11,000 had potentially unnecessary questions about the existence of the company because of the insufficient database that was in use. They now have other databases and they will continue to send out these 45-day letters. The DOL requests that the 11,000 letters also be answered, as this is more efficient than their having to send out revised letters.

When the BEC gets a case, it goes through data entry and then the 45-day letter is issued. When the response is received, the case is put into one of the 2 processing streams (RIR or Regular), and those streams are adjusted for FIFO (first-in / first-out order) on a routine basis. Information is in the process of being set up for a public system. Right now, the Boston and New York regional offices are the only locations with accurate information available to the public. The initial data entry that precedes issuance of the 45-day letter is under consideration for possibly being abbreviated so that the files may more quickly be identified as having arrived at the BECs. A national database is being implemented so that it will be possible to call one BEC and get information about the location of the file, regardless of which BEC has the file.

Efforts are currently focused on data entry. It does not appear that cases are being processed as yet. The next step will be to share the BEC software with New York / Boston and San Francisco, once more of the programmatic problems have been worked out.

The DOL expects backlog procedures to be fully defined by the PERM start date of March 28, 2005. Anything filed prior to PERM will be considered a part of the backlog. Backlog elimination is estimated to take approximately 24 to 30 months once PERM has begun. This, in part, depends upon the number of people re-filing under PERM"

My question is in the para where I have highlighted: Does it mean that RIR and NON RIR are put in the same queue only for the purpose of sending the 45 day letter and after the response is received they put it in seperate queue and process FIFO(first-in / first-out order)?

Last edited by a moderator:
Also, its mentioned - "Anything filed prior to PERM will be considered a part of the backlog."
as far as I know fresh cases until Mar 28, 05 are supposed to be sent to the NPC - not BRC. Then how come they are considered part of backlog?

Status
Not open for further replies.