New Jersey SESA Tracker

Status
Not open for further replies.
Labor cleared

Checked regional office's AVM last night (12/27/04). The labor was certified on 12/27. Of course the lawer has not received anything.

Repost the time line.

File in NJ 03/28/02
Moved to Regional 08/02/04
In Regional office's system 10/12/04
Cleared 12/27/04
Skill: Java (EB3 with Master's Degree)

Good luck everybody.

Hello Friends,

Is there any way we can check with State Labor dept about the status of our case, because it would be almost 3 months since we reply to the query and no news then after !! We replied to the query on Oct 5th and since then waiting to hear from them and I checked the NY no, the case has not reached there too..

Any reply would be help full.

Thanks.

Kathi,

I also got a query from NJ SESA on prevailing wages.
We replied to the query on Oct 12th and it was forwarded to NY DOL on Oct 20th.
My lawyer received the notice when the case was forwarded.

However my case is still not in the NY DOL system.

You should contact your lawyer and ask him to follow up with NJ SESA.

Kathi said:
Hello Friends,

Is there any way we can check with State Labor dept about the status of our case, because it would be almost 3 months since we reply to the query and no news then after !! We replied to the query on Oct 5th and since then waiting to hear from them and I checked the NY no, the case has not reached there too..

Any reply would be help full.

Thanks.

Hi Kathi,
My case is same as yours..
we replied to query on 11/02/04, still no news from NJ SESA.
I checked NY DOL, no news....

petition for NJ backlog

I am not sure if we have anything like this for New Jersey.

Chicago DOL backlog petition

I think its good start, once we have sufficient signatures we can talk with Newpapers, local politicians...

I don't understand, why people are so optimistic about Perm or BEC, I think nobody cares about our plight till we take fight on our hand.

All:
I need some help. Please provide your input.

I will complete my 6 yrs in Mar 05 (within 2-3 months). My Labor is pending with NJ SESA since Dec 02; But my company decided to lay me off. I have already got my 7th yr extension until Mar 06.

What are my options to live and work in this country?

I think there are two thigs that needs to be done
1) Ask the present company if they will keep the green card processing valid and current
2) Ask them if you can transfer the H1 to some other compant .

If it is an indian company , they might ask you for monetary compensation for the labor .
Tread the conversation carefully .

Get another job as soon as possible !
And file another LC with new company.

I doubt they will keep holding to your stuff once they've decided to get rid of you.
Remember, for you to stay in US under H1 visa beyond 6th year you must have LC filed over one year.
Good luck!

justdoit said:
All:
I need some help. Please provide your input.

I will complete my 6 yrs in Mar 05 (within 2-3 months). My Labor is pending with NJ SESA since Dec 02; But my company decided to lay me off. I have already got my 7th yr extension until Mar 06.

What are my options to live and work in this country?

Update

Update the info. My lawey received the labor cert and send me email yesterday (01/04/05). So I am done with the labor part and ready to do the next step.

gotit2004 said:
Checked regional office's AVM last night (12/27/04). The labor was certified on 12/27. Of course the lawer has not received anything.

Repost the time line.

File in NJ 03/28/02
Moved to Regional 08/02/04
In Regional office's system 10/12/04
Cleared 12/27/04
Skill: Java (EB3 with Master's Degree)

Good luck everybody.

congrats

gotit2004,

congrats on finally crossing the first step.

Can you file your I140 now, given that EB3 dates have retrogressed to Jan 2002?

gotit2004 said:
Update the info. My lawey received the labor cert and send me email yesterday (01/04/05). So I am done with the labor part and ready to do the next step.

I am EB2. So I will concurrently file I140 and I485.

Also I got the certificate yesterday. The labor was actually filed in New Jersey on April 1st, 2002, not March 28, 2002 as previously posted by me. And the labor was cleared on Dec. 22th 2004, but in system on Dec. 27th 2004.

So the final timeline was:

Filed in NJ EB2 April 1st, 2002
Moved out of NJ August 2nd, 2004
In Regional System Oct. 12th 2004
Cleared Dec. 22th, 2004
and Regional office updated Dec. 27th, 2004.

sai_ani said:
gotit2004,

congrats on finally crossing the first step.

Can you file your I140 now, given that EB3 dates have retrogressed to Jan 2002?

Congrats gotit2004

Hey gotit2004,
congrats on your LC certification. And wish you all the best for your next steps. Thanks much for sharing a very detailed timeline of events.

By the way, you truely lived up to your login ID, you surely "got it" in 2004.

For everyone else, I hope 2005 yields good results to all of us.
Best regards,

Backlog Elim in 2 yrs? YA RIGHT

http://www.immigration-law.com/Canada.html

01/07/2005: Prospects for Labor Certification Backlog Removal in Two Years

The DOL is currently working under the backlog reduction plan which targets to remove the entire backlog cases in two years. The backlog cases are estimated to far exceed 300,000. However, one wonders how the goal can be achieved by the two Backlog Processing Centers without a substantial number of those cases being swifted to the other two National Processing Centers. Logistically, unless such swift takes place, the works between the two Backlog Processing Centers (300,000+) and the two National Processing Centers (new PERM applications) may also turn out to be imbalanced with the resultant inefficient and ineffective use and management of available adjudication resources.
It appears that such swift must be achieved in the form of conversion of existing cases to the PERM cases. However, because of the ill-timed launch of the PERM program and extremely high risk embedded in the conversion requirements under the PERM Final Rule, one cannot expect a massive swift of cases from the Backlog Processing Centers to National Processing Centers. Ironically, the DOL is launching the PERM program at a time when the EB-3 visa numbers starts retrogressing. The retrogression of visa numbers places less weight and importance on prompt approval of labor certification applications than preservation of priority dates. Additionally, the FIFO rule of processing of backlog cases induces the oldest filers to hesitate to consider conversion of the pipeline cases to the PERM cases. Accordingly, it is most likely that those who consider the conversion will turn out to be recent filers when it comes to Indians, Chinese, and Philippines nationals.
On top of the ill-timed launch of the PERM program, the dead traps embedded in the conversion in terms of priority dates will lead to hesitation of a large number of backlog cases to file a conversion. In hindsight, the DOL should have liberalized the conversion opportunity which would guarantee preservation of the priority dates. The Final Rule moved towards the other direction.
Under the circumstances, DOL may have to require the National Processing Centers to participate in the backlog reduction works for effective utilization of resources as well as for assistance with the Backlog Processing Centers to manage the reduction of backlogs within certain period of time. The DOL would have achieved the transition and reorganization more smoothly from the two-tier system to the single-tier system, had it planned the timing of the PERM launch program appropriately and provided liberal opportunities for conversion in the Final Rule. Conversion would have allowed the DOL to remove some of those cases from 45 to 60 days, accelerating removal of backlog cases. Participation of the National Processing Center resources in the backlog reduction will involve the same protracted processing procedures which will be governed by the current labor certification rules and may turn out to add just number of resources to the backlog reduction workforces. Considering the fact that "six" Regional Certifying Offices had failed to remove the backlogs and piled up over 300,000 cases, one wonders how participation of the part of workforces of the National Processing Centers in the Backlog Processing Centers' cases would remove the mountain of backlogs in two years. We will watch closely how the operation of reengineering will unfold during the next two years.

NJ Cases are forwarded to BEC Philadelphia

Hi, I have been watching this forum and I am really losing my patience as I am waiting since Dec 2002. I just now spoke to NJ DOL @ 609 292 2900 the lady who picked the call was nice answering to me. She said that they are 1) still in the process of forwarding cases to BEC
2) NJ DOL cases are forwarded to Philadelphia BEC

Just thought of shedding some light to show my face in this dark tunnel called Labor.

What's funny is, we are waiting since 2001/2002 in DOL NJ and people are screaming in the Wyoming state forum saying they are waiting since July 2004.

Thanks to everyone for keeping this forum moving.

My NJ DOL PD is Dec 9 2002

what about 2002 cases

labor_dec02,

I thought NJ DOL was transferring cases in two installments. So they should
be in process of transferring the cases. But, did you specifically ask whether cases till dec '02 have been transferred to BEC?

diamond202 said:
labor_dec02,

I thought NJ DOL was transferring cases in two installments. So they should
be in process of transferring the cases. But, did you specifically ask whether cases till dec '02 have been transferred to BEC?

I did tell her that my case is pending since dec 2002 and she said they are in the process of forwarding them to BEC. But she did not mention specific month details of what they are forwarding right now. What's ur priority date? I also enquired my company about the 45 day letter and they did not recv it for any of their pending cases(with NJ DOL).

Status
Not open for further replies.